Following are the highlights of the week:
1) Angle properties Unit was continued. New topic ‘Angles and Triangles’ was started wherein students were explained the proof ‘Angles in a triangle add up to 180 degree’ with one example taking figures. Few sums for the same were given in H.W and students also did the exercise sums in the class and answers were cross checked and doubts were made clear to them.
2) Then new topic ‘Exterior Angle of a triangle’ was started wherein students were explained the proof ‘Exterior Angle of a triangle is equal to the sum of the two opposite interior angles ‘ with one example taking figures. H.W for the same has been given to the students which will be crosschecked in the coming week.
This week we started with the concept- Angles in a triangle wherein learners learnt the following fact along with the proof-
Angles in a triangle add up to 180 degree.
They also practiced few sums from checkpoint book based on the above mentioned concept.
This is to remind all of you that the last date of submission of Internal Assessment of Math is 1st-December-2015 (Day- 5).
Grade- 7 Math Team.
This week we started with the concept – Angles in a triangle and angles in a quadrilateral in Math for which students were taken to Math lab.
They were taught the following concepts-
1)Why do all the angles of a triangle add up to 180 degree
2)Why do all the angles of a quadrilateral add up to 360 degree
Here is the glimpse of the visit to Math lab.
This is a reminder to all of you that the last date of submission of your internal assessment project is 3rd-December-2015 (Day- 1).
Grade- 8 Math Team
This week we showed and discussed First Term Exam Paper of Math in the class.
Grade- 8 Math Team.
Highlights of the week are:
Literature: This week we continued with the story “Billennium”. We understood about the components of “Dystopian Literature” and the students analyzed the story in alignment with the components taught.
Language: The students continued with their third Coursework and also had a bookclub session.
This week we also showed and discussed mid-term papers.
Dear Parents /Students,
This week we shared the English Language marks with all the students and they were given the opportunity to through their paper (Answer sheets) .
Iona & Shivani.
White Lotus International School is hosting Inter School Elocution Gala 2015 on 5th December 2015. It’s an elocution competition and only 3 students will get a chance to participate.
Group B: – Grade VI to VIII
- Effective communication to excel
- Advertising influences our food choices
- What would you rather be wise or intelligent?
Interested students have to prepare on any one of the topics given above and speak for a maximum of 3 minutes. In case of more number of students willing to participate, in-school auditions will take place.
Interested students are requested to give their names to Madhav Sir through e-mail, keeping their Language Subject teacher in loop latest by 8:00 am on 30th November 2015, Monday.
P.S. -: All interested students are requested to be present in the X-box by 8:55 am for the audition.
Learners were read a book and were asked to create their own story using the character from the book they read. They made interesting stories and the word limit of 100 words only.