Word of the week– Responsible.
Morning message-We are responsible for our belongings. We are in charge of our actions.
DRILL: Where do you live ? I live in Surat, Gujarat.
Introduction of Rhymes:
The river is flowing flowing and growing the river is flowing down to the sea.
mother earth is calling me, Her child I always be.
the river is flowing flowing and growing. The river is flowing down to the sea!
Written by: Diana Hildebrand-Hull
Phonological awareness activity:
- Teacher picked up a random object from the classroom and asked for the rhyming words.
- Teacher sounded out a letter and then the students were asked to make sentences using the same sound (Alliteration)
- Teacher gave a sentence and the students jumped and counted the words in the sentences spoken.
- Teacher gave a sentence and students tapped their head or chin and counted the number of words in the sentence.
Revision of letters and their sounds using flashcards and objects .
- Introduction of the letter ‘j’ through a story where different flash cards were shown.
- Action:The children pretend to be like jelly and wobbled, saying ‘j,j,j’.
- Formation: It has a tail that goes down under the line.
- Blending of jet, job, jab, jug, jog, just.was done.
- Worksheets related to the letter j ( identification, formation and its association)
- Worksheets related to the tricky words which have been taught.
After introduction the following links were shown :www.starfall.com
Jolly phonics song link:- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jNT6gFNnmcI
Introduction of new tricky words: like, have.(revision of the previous tricky words)
- ‘Show and tell’ of letter j objects.
- Dictation of cluster 1 and 2 letters was taken.
- Picture Talk was done.
Guided play: Few tricky words were pasted and the learners had to move around, then when the music stopped the learners had to read the tricky words in front of them.
- Revision of all the taught concepts (forward counting,backward counting, after numbers, before numbers, greater than less than and patterns).
- Introduction of new concepts, top and bottom, thin and fat, narrow and wide.
- Revision of all the operations like before and after number and number quantification.
- Show and tell (Cube)
- Oral chanting from 1 to 50.
Guided play:- Numbers were written on bowling pins where the learners had to roll the ball, read the number on the pin, then say the before number on the pins which had fallen.
Unit of inquiry
Transdisciplinary theme :- Sharing the planet.
Central Idea:- Plants sustain life on Earth and play a role in our lives.
- A read aloud of the book “The Family of Earth” was taken. Then using a picture of the Earth, an activity with the whole class was conducted where the learners understood that we share our planet with people, animals, trees/plants.
- A read aloud of the book “The Giving Tree” was done. Learners were taken to KG Farm where they came to know about the trees, plants , grass and different parts of the plants.
- Learners made their favorite food using clay and then through a discussion they gained an understanding that food items are acquired from plants and that is why trees are important to us.
1.Please revise the taught curriculum regularly.
2.Do read to your child daily.
3.Please give regular writing practice to your child for the letters and numbers which have been taught.
Math: Firefly Number Book: Page 68 to 72
Language: Phonics pupil book-1: Letters r and m
Have a great weekend !!!
Junior KG Team