Here are the highlights of the week :
Students attempted questions from the Revision Booklet. They completed their answers and got them checked. Students who have not completed their answers, are expected to complete it.
Students are expected to complete anyone question either on Directed writing (Letter/Report) or on Writer’s Effects from the Revision Booklet by coming Monday.
Star of the Day- The learners of Grade 4- Fortitude 😃
The students conducted the Business Fair, which was a great learning experience and a big hit! After the fair, they spent time counting the money earned. The money will be given to them on Monday.
The students read and comprehended Chapter- 22 of the reader.
Write about your experience of Business Fair conducted today taking the following hints:
- A key learning from the business fair
- Skills and sub-skills applied during the business fair (mention how and where you applied them)
- Two things that you liked the most during the process of planning and conducting the business fair.
- Two things that you could have done in a better way.
A) Solve the following:
- Yashvi had 24 beads. 6 were yellow, 6 were orange, 5 were red, and 7 were purple. What fraction of her beads were EITHER red or purple?
- Siddharth collects sports cards. He has six baseball cards, three football cards, four hockey cards, and three basketball cards. What fraction of his sports cards are hockey cards? Make sure you reduce the fraction to its lowest terms.
- A train arrives at the station with 150 passengers on board. 2/5 of the passengers get off the train at Bombay. How many passengers are still in the train ?
- If Shloka ate 5/12 of a pie and Manya ate 2/5 of a pie, find out who ate more pie and by what fraction?
B) Simplify the following fractions to their lowest form:
Note: Students have to revise the tables till 12. There’ll be a dodging test of the same on Monday.
This week students identified the theme of the reader ‘Fahrenheit 451’ by Ray Bradbury and focused on different stylistic devices of the text. Students also discussed and annotated the text.
They also attempted their Unit Test and Internal Assessment this week.
Grade 8 English Team.
- Complete the cyclic reflection for engagements done after GRK / LRK trip till the group formation.
List of Engagements:
- Finalising the topic and group formation
- Practice of Big 6 and ICT Tools
- Mapping the reflections of GRK/LRK trip with TDT Aspects
- Reflection of the trip using the thinking tool – 10 sees, 7 quotes, 5 learnings, 3 wonderings and 1 main message
- Discussion of GRK / LRK trip
2. Do the Math Homework posted by Rachana Ma’am in your Maths Notebook. If you are not having your Maths notebook, then solve it in journal sheets. Homework discussion will happen on Monday.
3. Complete the homework given by your Mentors.
Thanks and regards
“KALAUTSAV”, The annual festival of FS, where students show case their artistic talent (Dance, Drama, Music, Visual Arts) which they have gained through their dedication and hard work. The event held on 25th March 2017, Saturday between 5:00 pm to 8:30 pm. We focused upon their Drama skills & helped students polish the same throughout the year. Students were highly exited about their performance. Students performed different forms of Drama, such as One act play, Monologue, Mime, Street play, UV Drama performance & Anchoring. It was indeed a good experience to work with the up coming young generation. I must say that these young learners are really talented, creative, curious, and enthusiastic. I hope, in future we will be able to provide a super talented drama artists to the world.
From – Tejas Gamit (PYP Drama Teacher)
UOI: The students conducted the Business Fair, which was a great learning experience and a big hit! After the fair, they spent time counting the money earned. The money will be given to them on Monday . The students will first take back the invested amount and the remaining shall be divided equally amongst their group members.
Math: A)Students have to solve the following in their Math notebook:
a) Aashka had 24 beads. 6 were yellow, 6 were orange, 5 were red, and 7 were purple. What fraction of her beads were red ?
b)Riansh collects sports cards. He has six baseball cards, three football cards, four hockey cards, and three basketball cards. What fraction of his sports cards are hockey cards? Make sure you reduce the fraction to its lowest terms.
c)A train arrives at the station with 150 passengers on board. 2/5 of the passengers get off the train in Bombay. How many passengers are still in the train ?
d) If Raj ate 5/12 of a pie and Rahul ate 2/5 of a pie, find out who ate more pie and by what fraction?
B) Simplify the following:
Happy Weekend 🙂
Learners practised narrative writing using the ‘Writing Process’.
Learners reflected on the activities performed in PE. Later, they watched a video on “Circulatory system”.
Write the functions in the journal sheet as explained in class.
- Solve the following division sums:
a) 842 / 98 b) 65 / 12 c) 254 / 21 d) 879 / 33
- Solve the following word problems:
a) There are 455 students in the school band. Premsagar sir wants to have 5 equal rows of students on stage. How many students will be in each row?
b) Riya sold tickets for Rs. 645. Each ticket costs Rs. 15. How many people purchased a ticket?
Note: Literary Event (Spelling Bee) will commence from Monday, 3rd April.
Here are the highlights of the work done this week-
Students started with revision for the final term and they are completing final revision worksheets uploaded in google classroom. Revision of few topics – Percentages, Interest, Profit and loss was done in the class. Students solved their doubts in various topics and continued with the revision sums.
Have a happy weekend.
Here’s what we did this week:
- Students practiced questions based on Probability. Some doubts which are remaining will be taken in the next slot.
- Students have started with revision of units which are expected to come in final term assessment.
Thanks and Regards,