Grade7 – All
Homework assigned by: email@example.com
Submission Date: Fri Jan 12 2018 00:00:00 GMT+0530 (IST)
Internet Required: Yes
Details: Comment on the mood generated by the following quotes :
1. “Funny how sometimes you worry a lot about something and it turns out to be nothing.” (Auggie – Section VI, page number 215)
2. “You don’t need your eyes to love, right? You just feel it inside you. That’s how it is in heaven. It’s just love, and no one forgets who they love.” (Mom – Part VI, pg. 227)
3. “I think there should be a rule that everyone in the world should get a standing ovation at least once in their lives.” (Auggie – Section VI, pg. 231)
Answer the following questions in full sentences using evidence whenever possible:
1. Identify the extended metaphor used by August to describe his feelings towards parents and explain the impact on the reader? (page 207)
2. Interpret what ‘brightness’ has to do with August’s hearing? (page 214)
Formative questions: Use PEE to answer the following question:
1. “I’m like the North Pole to them”, Identify the literary device used and what August is trying to say through this line? List all the school’s events mentioned by August. According to you which was most embarrassing one for August. Justify.
2. Compare and contrast how you would describe Auggie as a person in the first few chapters of the book. What about the final few chapters? Has he changed significantly? Are there any experiences or episodes during the story that you think had a particular effect on him? If so, how?
Expected Time: 100 minutes minutes