A Gentle reminder to fill the AS/PS preferences form for Academic Year 2018-19, if you still haven’t submitted the form. The last to submit form has been extended to 18th April’ 18, kindly fill the form at earliest.
As you are aware, Fountainhead School pays a lot of emphasis on arts and sports. To this end, the school offers a variety of art segments and sport segments for students to choose in what is called their AS and PS slots. The school envisions that every child will choose one art and one sport specialty and pursue this stream consistently over a few years to achieve a certain level of competency in it. AS is available as an option from Grade 3 onwards and PS is available from Grade 2 onwards. We are sending the form to confirm your child’s selection for the academic year 2018-19. The form will pop up on your home screen when you login into Nucleus from your parent id.
Please read the choices available for your child’s grade and then fill the form in consultation with your child. In many cases, we see that the child has filled the form from the parent id on her own without consulting the parent and vice versa. We sometimes see multiple entries from the same parent id in this case. This time, you will be allowed to submit the form only once so please ensure that you fill the form judiciously as there wouldn’t be much chance to change the selection later. If you still need to change later, you will need to send an email to email@example.com. However, such requests will be put at lower priority than the filled forms.
New AS offerings for academic year 2018-19
|Makers: Students would be involved in hands-on activities, tinkering, exploring to solve design problems and develop creativity and innovation||From grade 5 onwards||Rs. 9000 per year|
|Media and Filmmaking: will explore aspects of filmmaking and sound, photography as well as appreciation of award-winning movies, short films and documentaries. Students will work to create multiple products of their own as part of this offering.||From grade 7 onwards||This is a free offering but students need to bring their own camera for this offering.|
|Dance (Indian and international Folk dance/hip-hop/Bollywood): We have expanded Folk Dance offering to include Indian and international folk dances and somemodern dance forms like hip-hop, Bollywood etc||From Grade 3 onwards||This is a free offering|
New PS offerings for academic year 2018-19 (All PS offerings have no extra charges)
|Wilderness and Outdoor Adventure||An exciting new offering which will include a combination of athletics, sports climbing, adventure training, trekking, cross country running, first aid, pitching a tent, outdoor cooking, map reading, compass etc. This course will have an optional trip to a place nearby for applying the skills learnt. This course will help to meet requirements of CAS and the The Duke of Edinburgh’s International Award||From grade 8 onwards|
|Handball||Handball is a team game which is a combination of football and basketball. This game is a team game played by 7 players in each team. Students will enhance their eye hand and leg hand co-ordination through this game. This will also provide an opportunity to enhance their body fitness like endurance, agility and speed. This game also involves in the development of various skills like catching, throwing, dribbling, passing and shooting.||From grade 4 onwards|
|Fitness training||Students would train in various components of fitness through strength training, interval training, cardio workouts etc||From grade 8 onwards|
Please read the instructions below carefully before filling the form:
- You need to fill up both the AS & PS selection form.
- Your current choice (unless the student is doing AS / PS for the first time) will already be marked in each of the form in the first preference selection.
- Continuing with the same AS & PS is recommended in most cases so that the student gets time to build skills. However, if after discussion with the respective faculty and student, if you wish to change the AS / PS, please change your first preference itself.
- Everyone will still need to mark two preferences in case the first preference is oversubscribed.
- We will try to expand the offerings wherever the demand is high but there will be some limitations. On the other hand, in case of offerings where there are few takers, we may have to remove some offerings.
- In segments where there are limited seats, students who have done the AS / PS already will be given first preference. For the remaining seats, if the demand exceeds the supply, then we will do a draw of lots for the remaining seats (students will themselves do the draw of lots in this case).
- Where there are new offerings for a grade, a brief description has been added. In case you wish to know more, please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- The last date for filling up the form is 18th April, 2018 (Extended Date) after which, if the form remains unfilled, the current AS/PS selection will be allocated where possible, otherwise the school will assign any of the options based on availability.