Q-1. Write the number names in Indian and International system:
Q-2. Write in figures:
- Two lakh four thousand and five.
- Fifty six thousand and seventy five.
Q-3. Write the place value of the digit â€œFOURâ€.
Q-4 Solve the following:
- 245678 + 89234
- 730070 â€“ 290499
- 348 Ã— 56
- 593 Ã· 9
Q-5. Spot the error:
Q-6. Write appropriate unit to measure the following:
- The distance from school to your home. __________
- 1 glass of lemonade served in school pantry. _____________
- 1 plate of food served in Todayâ€™s special. _______________
Q-7. Solve the following: (All the answers will be written in number names following the comma)
- There Â are 765,974 books in the library out of which Â 455,499 books were issued during 1 cycle. Find how many books are left in the library.
- There are 20 students in each class. If 4 shelves are provided for keeping the school bags. How many bags will fit in 1 shelf?
Q-1. Make the blah sentence into a brilliant sentence using adjectives, adverbs, verbs and proper noun :
1. We like pizza.
2. The clown ate the fly.
3. I saw a ladybug.
4. The sock is stinking.
5. I am going to a party.
Q-2.Read the short passage andÂ list down all the preposition given in the passage in the writing notebook:
My neighbor said she wanted to ask meÂ forÂ a small favor. Little did I know what wasÂ inÂ storeÂ forÂ me when I agreed to feed her cat.Â AfterÂ my neighbor leftÂ onÂ her trip, I walkedÂ acrossÂ the streetÂ toÂ her house. Once I gotÂ insideÂ the house, I was overwhelmedÂ byÂ the stenchÂ ofÂ cat urine. I lookedÂ aroundÂ the house and couldnâ€™t believe what I saw. My eyes fellÂ onÂ two salad dressing containers sittingÂ onÂ a tableÂ besideÂ the couch, which was completely coveredÂ withÂ dirty laundry,Â except forÂ this one worn areaÂ byÂ the table. The volumeÂ onÂ the TV was turned up all the way.Â InÂ disbelief andÂ despiteÂ my better judgment, I walkedÂ towardÂ the restroom.Â AroundÂ the baseÂ ofÂ the tub I saw these red velvety mushrooms coming upÂ betweenÂ the tub and tile floor. This filth wasÂ beyondÂ anything Iâ€™d ever seenÂ inÂ my life.Â WithinÂ two minutes the cat was fed and I wasÂ outÂ ofÂ there. Since she returnedÂ fromÂ her trip, I have never been available to watch her cat again.
â€” Mechanically Inclined
Star of the day: Suhaan Agrawal (for showing Integrity regarding the school food policy)
3 GOLDEN ADVICE OF THE DAY :
1) “Never ask about something that is not your concern.”
2) “Never leave a path that you have taken!”
3) “Suppress your evening anger until morning.”
excerpts from “Three gold pieces” – A Greek folk tale retold by Aliki
Have an adventurous weekend!