This is a short video to help you understand the comprehension strategy (Inferring using background knowledge and text clues).
I hope this helps you support your child back at home.
A paragraph from the story “The magic bowl” found in the E.E reference book has been used to demonstrate the strategy.( Paragraph on page no.28)
Unit Of Inquiry:
Students were tuned into the new unit ‘Exploration’ through a learning engagement where the had to explore the school to find a new classroom for themselves.
Students were divided into groups of five and given a story to read. Later, they discussed and reflected on the physical description and behavior of the main character.
A. Students will answer in their notebook “where one use/ see measurement in real life?”
B. Solve the following word problems in the maths notebook:
- Mr. Shah bought a house worth Rs. 7,50,05,000. He spent Rs. 55,09,104 on furnishing his home. Find out the total amount of money he spent on his new house. Write the amount he spent using Indian number system.
- Saara purchased a bicycle worth Rs. 8676 on loan. If the amount is to be repaid in 18 installments, how much will she pay monthly to the bank? Verify your answer.
- Aahan went to sleep at 9:35 pm. He woke up eight hours later. At what time did he wake up?
- Convert into 24 hrs format: 9.30 pm
- Convert into 12 hrs format: 17:00 hrs
Students have to complete the worksheet given.
Students of the day: Harsh Begani, Kaniska Virani, Raihan Patel ( For showcasing the attitude enthusiasm towards reading- They ensure they waste no time and quietly read whenever the opportunity arises) and Prisha Mehta ( For taking an action outside school and spreading awareness of sustainable energy practices)
Students will “Explore” about our patriotic Indian freedom fighters and present on them creatively in front of the class on Monday – 14th August 2017. They can perform dance, skit, mime, make a PPT, sing a patriotic song, a speech or a famous dialogue from any movie or of a leader related to Independence day.
Have a splendid weekend!
Students learned how to make inferences using signs, symbols, colors, seasons, facial expressions and body language.
Students tuned into measurement unit by exploring different objects and equipment that can be used for measuring.
Homework:To be done in Math notebook
Read all the word problems thrice. Translate sentence by sentence in your preferred language (in your mind). Illustrate/draw to construct the meaning of the word problem. (Draw like how I usually do on the whiteboard to understand the word problem better)
- There are 123 boxes of sweets in a store. There are 25 sweets in each box. How many sweets are in the store?
- There are 365 days in one year, and 100 years in one century. How many days are in one century?
- Billy read 2 books. He read the first one in one week with 25 pages everyday. He read the second book in 12 days with 23 pages everyday. What is the total number of pages that Billy read?
- 123 school girls are to be transported in small vans. Each van can carry 8 girls only. What is the smallest possible number of vans that are needed to transport all 123 school girls?
Students of the day: Yajat Patel ( For making an inspiring energy saving model) Suhaan Agrawal ( for working on his goals and participating in class)
Life should not only be lived, It should be celebrated! Happy Birthday Yajat Patel.
Homework for today is as follows:
Do a read aloud of the story ‘Pandora’s box’ from E.E reference book in front of any family member.
Discuss the questions 3,5,8 and 9 with a parent. Then answer these questions in your E.E notebook.
Star of the day: Jal Gajjar (For reflecting and making connections on the energy conservation taking place in Fountainhead school)
Dear parents and little artists,
Students appeared for their Math S.A of division and multiplication.
Students prepared their artistic piece for UOI S.A.
Math: To be done in Math notebook
Solve the following:
- 250861 – 238609
- 312506 + 45902
- 8094 × 367
- 5819 ÷ 17 (verify your answer)
Solve the following word problems:
- If the cost of 20 books is Rs. 4580, find the cost of each book.
- If Mahesh bought 11 CD’s for Rs.1265, find the cost of one CD.
- Riya bought one pair of skates for Rs. 2665 and 3 pair of socks for Rs. 99 each from Decathlon. How much amount did she pay in all?
Language worksheet:- Read the passage and use the comprehension strategy grid given on your sheet.
LWE: Page 19 (Prefix and suffix)
LWE revise : Week 4 New learning (Possessive Noun) pg no.20
Complete LWE WEEK 4 – Day 4 and 5 using the grid on page no. 24
Star of the day: Zoyaan Jariwala ( for being a leader and teaching ICT task to his peers)
“Rakhi is a thread that binds,two souls in a bond of love & joy forever.” Happy Raksha Bandhan
“There is nothing on this earth more to be prized than true friendship.” -Thomas Aquinas
Happy Friendship Day in advance
Enjoy your weekend!
Solve the following in your Math notebook:
- 3456 x 109
- 1278 x 489
- 3490 x 670
- 2378 / 23
- 1098 / 37
Happy reading 🙂
Language Homework is mentioned below:
Students have to read the story using the comprehension strategy ‘Reading for the Gist’. In your Language Notebook make 3 sections (Notes, Questions and Draw) and ensure you have at least one point to write for each paragraph.
Click on the link to read the story : https://www.saveonenergy.com/energy-savings-story/
Dear students and parents,
A gentle reminder, we are starting our S.A preparation from tomorrow. Be sure to bring resources from home if required.
Language homework :
Finish reading your second book for the book review tomorrow in assembly slot.
Math homework: to be done in Math h.w notebook( Read the word problem thrice to comprehend better)
- Calvin paints pictures and sells them at art shows. He charges $5625 for a
large painting. He charges $2580 for a small painting. Last month he sold
sixty large paintings and thirteen small paintings. How much did he make in all?
- Jennie makes blankets. She can make 7 blankets with 21 yards of material. How many yards of
material would be required to make 12 blankets?
(yard = unit of measure)
3.On Thursday the King’s Market sold 210 ounces of cheese. On Friday they sold twice
that amount. On Saturday they only sold 130 ounce. How much cheese did they sell in these three days (Thursday, Friday and Saturday)?
Happy birthday to Hitansh Jain and Hitansh Savani! Wish you a very Happy Birthday. May life lead you to great happiness, success and hope that all your wishes comes true! Enjoy your day.
Language: ( to be done in language writing notebook)
Find the meaning of the following words and frame a sentence. (Make sure you add an adjective, adverb and preposition in your sentence)
Uoi homework: ( to be done on a piece of paper)
Write 5 ways in which you can become responsible towards the environment. (becoming eco-friendly)
Example. Making a recycling bin for the class and home.
Star of the day: Prisha Mehta ( being couragous enough and taking the book review in front of the whole class)