Solve the following:
a) There are 365 days in one year. How many days are there in 36 years?
b) 2560 students are going to the zoo. They have to be divided into groups so that each teacher has one group. There are 25 teachers. Each teacher will have to manage how many students?
c) John can run one block in 30 seconds. How far can he run in 5 minutes?
d) What is the area of a square-shaped room with length 25m?
Stars of the day: Ananya Agrawal and Nyassha Fudhnawala (For becoming a leader and helping her peers during Playtime)
Math: Students understood the survey as a means of problem-solving or information gathering. Further, they understood the following terms in the context of survey- purpose, population, sample and sample size.
UOI: Students started working on their models to explain how different energies work.
UOI: Arrange for the materials you need to bring from home and prepare yourself to explain the model in front of your peers.
Math: Click on the link and solve the mixed bag: Math Mix bag- 19-10-2018
Stars of the day: Prisha Nangalia (for taking up the role of a teacher) and Bhomik Gotecha (for being a helpful peer).
Note: Dear parents, a gentle reminder to send the tuition policy undertaking form on Monday.
Quote of the day:
Aarna, Pratham and Krishaa have encashed 30 points from their account for homework.
Solve the following:
1) Shalu shoots an arrow 5 meters far. Nitin shoots his arrow three times far as compared to Shalu. How far did Nitin’s arrow go?
2) A baseball team has 12 players. In a tournament, there are 7 such teams. How many players are there in total?
3) 500kg = _______ mg
4) 56l 35 ml=__________ml
5) Find the area and perimeter of a square shaped board game whose length is 35 cm.
[Unit Of Inquiry]
Complete the preparations for your science fair project.
Here are a few sites you may browse to look for ideas if you are stuck unsure.
Click on the link and complete the worksheet:
Cycle 14 math mixed bag
Click on the link and complete the worksheet
Lang mix bag 13-10-2018
[Unit Of Inquiry]
Students will brainstorm on the model/experiment they wish to create for the upcoming science fair.
Create 2 columns: Write down what do you wish to create and why in under the model column. Write down a list of material that you will require. You may bring all the materials that you have collected already on Monday to school.
Important: Monday is Day 5 which mean you must bring your Library books and ID cards.
Stars of the day: Kunjjan Patel(showing efforts towards the feedback given), Jinay Shah (using metacognition to identify what helps him grow faster) and Aarna Choudhary(for becoming a confident speaker).
Food for thought:
We planted a few seeds this week in class. All our plants are growing at a different pace. Plants have their different need like water, sunlight, warmth(temperature) and fertilizers. We, humans, are similar in so many ways. Some students identified their fertilizer to as motivation by teachers and other said it’s daily activities or having fun. This all helps them grow.
- Frame 5 sentences using the present continuous tense. (Example: I am going home after a long tiring and humid day a school.)
- Frame 5 sentences using the simple present tense. (Example: Pauline does not want to share the pie with her classmates as she loves it way too much)
Quote of the day: https://mindgridperspectives.com/2018/04/17/self-discipline/
1. Area of a square is 81 sq. cm. Find the perimeter of the square.
2. Create a square or a rectangle such that the perimeter is 48 cm and it is painted, the cost incurred shall be minimum. The cost of painting 1 sq. cm is Rs 10.
3. Rhea wants to fence her rectangular garden. The length of the garden is 25 meters and breadth is 20 meters. Find how much fencing material will she require?
4. The perimeter of a square is 36 cm. What will be the area of the square?
Fill in the blanks:
1) 8 kg and 250 g = ___________________________ g.
2) 51 l and 65 ml = ____________________________ml.
3) 85 m and 11 cm = ___________________________mm.
Important note: Students can dress up from home for their assembly tomorrow but they have to carry the uniform with them. Bring the required resources if any.
Stars of the day:
Priyanshi Bhavsar (for being a caring peer to sheer her resources)
Quote of the day: http://www.belgotec.com/business/inspirational-sayings.htm
Open the link and complete the worksheet.
6-10-18 lang mix bag
Open the link and solve the worksheet.
Mixed bag – cycle 13
Stars of the day: Jinay Shah (showing good presentation skills) Ananya Agrawal and Prisha Nangalia( for taking up additional responsibilities).
Important: Rehearse your acts/reader’s theatre performance for the upcoming assembly.
Quote of the day: https://monstrousgame.com/self-reflection-quotes/self-reflection-quotes-stunning-reflection-quotes-unique-self-reflection-quotes-and-self-love-quotes
Students have been given an Alliteration worksheet and a helping verb.
They are expected to complete the worksheet and frame 2 sentences with the helping verb they had picked in class.
Link of the worksheet for those who are absent: http://englishlinx.com/alliteration/fun-with-alliteration.html
Stars of the day: Jinay Shah (for showing leadership skills), Tatsat Mashruwala and Ahaan Arora (for demonstrating cooperation).
Reader’s theatre script: http://www.vtaide.com/png/birthday.htm
Quote of the day:
Complete the Math Mixbag Cycle 13 worksheet in your Math HW notebook.
- Complete the Language mixbag cycle 13 worksheet in your Language notebook.
- Create a storyboard for the book review on October 1.
- Research about experiments/models you want to create.
Important note: Parents are requested to be a part of the upcoming book review session as this helps build a child motivation to read and present.
Stars of the day: Tatsat Mashruwala (researched about energy forms independently) and Kunjjan Patel (Peer- checking was done with a lot of responsibility).
Quote of the day: https://inspirationformoms.porch.com/fridays-fantastic-finds-140/
To be done in your E.E notebook
Stars of the day: Bhomik Gotecha (being a critical thinking during the scientific experiment presentations)
Quote of the day: https://www.popsugar.com/fitness/Quotes-About-Setting-Fitness-Goals-42191459