Finish off the following tasks:-
- Research about your debate topic and take down notes in your journal sheet.
- Create a questionnaire to interview your parents about ‘How do you see the world changing around you?’. Record this interview in a device, view it together and ask for your parents’ feedback based on the way it was conducted. Share this video with your HRT along with glows and grows through an E-mail.
- Watch this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LxlfPLPI0wM
- Do as directed in your Maths homework notebook:-
2. Research more about the topic ‘Our face time with the screen is skilful’ and add points to the T-chart prepared by you in previous homework task.
Kindly log into your Google classroom account and finish the homework as well as the pending assignments too.
Kindly login to your Google classroom account to check today’s homework tasks.
Take a note of the following homework tasks to be submitted:-
- Your group will be presenting the presentation on day 3 i.e. Friday. Collaborate and prepare well for it. The guidelines to be followed have been mailed to you. Keep on referring to them whenever needed.
- Complete the Maths homework which is already posted on the blog. Submission day:- Friday
- We will shortly have our Maths summative assessment in this cycle. Hence, hold your grip on the learned concepts and clarify your doubts as soon as possible, if any.
We hope today’s session of exploring learning centres, which aimed at clarifying your doubts, served the purpose to a great extent. We were overwhelmed looking at your participation and enthusiasm to revisit the learned concepts. It’s now time for us to apply this understanding by solving the following worksheet in mixed bag homework notebook:-
Mixed bag HW
The second part of this worksheet consists of a bonus question. Do not hesitate to approach your parents or siblings to help you solve the problem. All the best!
Finish off the ‘Hour of code’ task assigned by your teacher by following these steps:-
- Attempt all of the 10 levels of this challenge.
- Click on ‘Finish’ once the ‘Congratulations’ message pops up.
- Enter your name in the certificate once you have accomplished the task.
- Take the screenshot of this certificate.
- Upload it to the folder shared by your teacher.
Have a happy weekend!
Watch the following video and answer the following questions in your UOI + Language notebook:-
LINK – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vv1S9QPblv0
a) What is happening in the video?
b) Is there any process followed by the individuals? If yes, make a flowchart based on your observation to explain the followed process. Explain in detail about each step involved in this process.
“The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you’ll go!”
– Dr. Seuss
Tuning into our reader ‘Holes’ by Loius Sachar marked the beginning of the new cycle. The learners explored different learning centres which helped them to know more about the author and a few elements of the story which led to a rise in their curiosity and enthusiasm. They began reading the book with utmost zeal and are looking forward to unravelling the hidden mysteries.
After ending the previous unit on ‘Government systems’, we moved on to explore yet another one based on ‘Conflicts’. The central idea, lines of inquiry, related concepts, key concepts and transdisciplinary theme were discussed in detail in the classrooms. They were oriented toward the ‘Interpersonal conflict’ booklet. This booklet will be used throughout the unit and the students need to write about any conflict/issue they encounter. They are expected to make connections with the 5 essential elements of this unit. Furthermore, they learned about 5 types of conflict namely, Interpersonal, intrapersonal, social, economic and political. The life class sessions were also held at the end of this cycle so as to equip the students with ways to manage and handle a conflicting situation. The students geared up for the case study on ‘Telangana turmoil’ wherein they were seen making connections with the concept ‘Impact of government’s decisions on citizens’ of the past unit.
Students’ conceptual understanding was checked through a formative assessment based on the real-life application of fraction, decimal and percentages at the end of the cycle.
We hope students enjoy this roller-coaster ride of emotions and how to handle them effectively. Looking forward to a happening week ahead!
Go through the following answer key and check your answers of yesterday’s homework:-
Maths HW 9th August
Once done, start solving the mixed bag homework in your notebook:-
Mixed bag HW
Fill in the worksheet (based on bullying) given by your teacher in the classroom.
Have a happy weekend!
It was a delightful scene in the morning to see all of you proving your suspects to be the true convict. Do we really need to mention what are we talking about??
Yes, it’s about the mystery- Mrs.Kapoor goes missing!!
All we heard was, “Was she found in the parking lot?”, “Was she attacked for running away?”, “I am sure her maid committed the crime.” and numerous other arguments. We hope you had a great time solving this mystery. Your enthusiasm and commitment are highly commendable. Keep it up 🙂 !
We would also like to acknowledge and appreciate the parents who demonstrated indistinguishable enthusiasm and curiosity by being on their toes to help their children in solving the mystery. Your efforts are highly invaluable to us. Kudos to you too 🙂 !
So, here’s the answer key we all were looking forward to. Match it up with your answers and see if you could unlock the mystery correctly. If not, make the corrections in your notebook itself.
Wishing all of you a very happy weekend!