If you find any problems with the previous blog post, please refer to this file .
Students will do the below homework in their Mix Bag Homework Notebook
Math mixed bag homework
Do as directed :
1. Add 412 + 330
2. Subtract 4/20 from 9/24
3. Multiply : 3/13 X 52/27
4. Divide : 13/3 27/52
5. Find L.C.M. :
6. There are 50 students in a class. If 20% of the students are girls. How many boys are there in the class?
7. In a Math test of 20 questions, a student answered 80% questions correctly. How many questions were answered correctly by him?
8. ⅔ of the chairs of a movie hall were occupied by people. If the total number of chairs were 360, how many chairs were occupied?
9. How many 3.15 m parts can be cut out from a pipe that is 3150 m long?
10. Out of a group of 36 footballers, only 18 were present for a gathering. What is the percentage of footballers that were present?
11. The pie chart below shows the percentages of types of transportation used by 800 students to come to school.
a) How many students, in the school, come to school by bicycle?
b) How many students do not walk to school?
c) How many students come to school by bus or in a car ?
Example – We are going to watch a movie tonight. (active)
A movie is going to be watched by us tonight. (passive)
- Change the following sentences from active to passive voice:
- Ms Sullivan teaches us grammar.
- The manager will give you a ticket.
- Who taught you French?
- Change the following sentences from passive to active voice:
- The letter was posted by Alice.
- The streets were thronged with spectators.
- The injured were taken to the hospital by the firemen.
Example “What time does the train arrive?” she asked.(Direct)
She asked what time the train arrived.(indirect)
- Change the following sentences from direct to indirect speech:
- He said, “I have got a toothache.”
- Manu said, “I am very busy now.”
- “Hurry up,” she said to us.
- “Give me a cup of water,” he told her.
- She said, “I am going to college.”
- Change the following sentences from indirect to direct speech:
- She thanked me.
- Raju said that Gautama would have to go the following day.
- Geetha says that her father is an Engineer.
- He said that he had passed the physical test.
- She told me that I was her only friend.
- write the correct form of verb:
- I like ___________( listened/ listening) to music when I am tired.
- Would you mind_________( to post/ posting) this letter for me.
- After they had finished __________(to eat /eating) they drove away.
- When I saw his performance, I couldn’t help _______ (to laugh/ laughing).
નીચે આપેલા વિષય પર પાંચ લાઈન લખો.
વિષય – મારું કુટુંબ (My family)
નીચે આપેલ વાર્તા વાંચો અને પ્ર્રશ્નોના જવાબ એક શબ્દ માં લખો. (नीचे दी गई कहानी पढ़ें और दिए गए प्रश्नों के उत्तर एक शब्द में लिखें |)
શીર્ષક: સંપ ત્યાં જંપ
એક હતો ખેડૂત. તેને પાંચ દીકરા હતા. તે બધા બળવાન અને મહેનતુ હતા. પણ તેઓ અંદરોઅંદર એકબીજા સાથે લડતા-ઝઘડતા રહેતા હતા.
ખેડૂતની ઈચ્છા હતી કે પાંચેય દીકરા ઘરમાં સંપીને શાંતિથી રહે. એટલે તે એમને ખૂબ સમજાવતો. પરંતુ ખેડૂતની સલાહની દીકરાઓ પર કોઈ અસર થતી નહિ. તેથી ખેડૂત હંમેશા ચિંતાતુર રહેતો.
એ રોજ વિચાર કરતો કે આ છોકરા સંપીને રહે તે માટે શું કરવું જોઈએ? એક દિવસ અચાનક તેને ઉકેલ મળી ગયો. તેણે પાંચેય દીકરાને પોતાની પાસે બોલાવી કહ્યું: ‘જુઓ આ લાકડાની ભારીમાંથી એક પણ લાકડી કાઢ્યા વિના આખી ભારી તમારામાંથી કોણ તોડી શકે છે?’
ખેડૂતના દરેક દીકરાએ વારાફરતી લાકડાની એ ભારી હાથમાં લીધી. દરેકે તે ભારીને તોડવા બળપૂર્વક ખૂબ પ્રયત્ન કર્યો. પરંતુ એમાંથી કોઈ પણ એ ભારી તોડી ન શક્યો.
પછી પેલા ઘરડા ખેડૂતે કહ્યું: ‘ચાલો લાકડાની ભારી છોડી નાખો અને તેની લાકડી એક પછી એક તોડી નાખો.’ દરેકે એક પછી એક લાકડી હાથમાં લીધી અને સરળતાથી તોડી બતાવી.
પછી ખેડૂતે સલાહ આપતાં કહ્યું:
‘એક એક લાકડી સહેલાઈથી તૂટી ગઈ કેમકે તે મજબૂત નહોતી. પણ એ જ લાકડીઓ જ્યારે ભારીમાં બંધાયેલી હતી ત્યારે ખૂબ જ મજબૂત હતી. તમે પણ પાંચેય જણ સંપથી રહેશો તો મજબૂત બનશો પરંતુ લડી ઝઘડીને અલગ અલગ રહેશો તો કમજોર બની જશો.’
૧) ખેડૂતને કેટલાં દિકરા હતાં ?
૨) ખેડૂતે દીકરાઓને શું આપ્યું ?
૩) લાકડીઓ જયારે ભારીમાં બંધાયેલી હતી ત્યારે કેવી હતી ?
कक्षा कार्य –
1. पिछली कक्षा में दी गई कविता का भावार्थ बताया गया | |
2.कविता के कठिन शब्दों का श्रुतलेखन लिया गया |
3.पूर्व मूल्यांकन लिया गया |
नीचे दी गई कहानी को पढ़कर निम्न प्रश्नों के उत्तर नोटबुक में लिखें |
प्रश्न १. मौलवी साहब ने मियां शेख को क्या शिक्षा दी थी ?
प्रश्न २. मियां शेख का नाम मियां शेख चिल्ली कैसे पड़ा ?
क्यों पड़ा “मियां शेख” का नाम “मियां शेख चिल्ली”
बचपन में मियां शेख चिल्ली को मौलवी साहब नें शिक्षा दी थी कि लड़के और लड़की के लिए अलग अलग शब्दों का प्रावधान होता है। उदाहरण के तौर पर “सुलतान खाना खा रहा है” लेकिन “सुलताना खाना खा रही है।”
मियां शेख चिल्ली नें मौलवी साहब की यह सीख गाठ बांध ली।
फिर एक दिन मियां शेख चिल्ली जंगल से गुज़र रहे थे। तभी उन्हे किसी कुएं के अंदर से किसी के चिल्लाने की आवाज़ आई। वह फौरन वहाँ दौड़ कर जा पहुंचे। उन्होंने देखा की वहाँ कुए में एक लड़की गिरि पड़ी थी और वह मदद के लिए चिल्ला रही थी।
मियां शेख चिल्ली तुरंत दौड़ कर अपने दोस्तों के पास गए और उन्हे बोलने लगे कि वहाँ कुएं के अंदर एक लड़की गिरि पड़ी है और वह मदद के लिए चिल्ली रही है।
मियां शेख चिल्ली और उनके दोस्तों नें मिल कर उस लड़की को कुएं से बाहर निकाल लिया।
फिर घर जाते वक्त मियां शेख चिल्ली के एक दोस्त नें यह सवाल किया कि मियां शेख आप लड़की चिल्ली रही….चिल्ली रही… क्यों बोले जा रहे थे?
तब मियां शेख के एक पुराने दोस्त नें खुलासा किया कि मौलवी साहब नें मियां शेख को पढ़ाया था की लड़का होगा तो… खाना खा रहा है, और लड़की हुई तो खाना खा रही है इसी हिसाब से मियां शेख नें लड़की के चिल्लाने पर “चिल्ली रही” शब्द का प्रयोग किया।
मियां शेख चिल्ली के सारे दोस्त मियां शेख की इस मूर्खता पर पेट पकड़ कर हंस पड़े और तभी से मियां शेख बन गए “मियां शेख चिल्ली” पड़ गया ।
लिखते समय सही वर्तनी (spelling ) का प्रयोग करें और शब्दों के लिए ऊपर दी गई कहानी से मदद लें |
गृहकार्य पूरा करके गुरुवार को नोटबुक जरूर लाए |
You all are invited for the World Yoga Day on 21st June.2017, which will be lead by Akhil Sir.
Please note that all the interested students are requested to go in Yoga Room in their respective PS classes.
This cycle was spent in formulating the essential agreements with the students, practicing the routines and procedures and discussing the summer homework.
See you tomorrow for PTM, at 7:30am.
Students are expected to solve this homework in the mixed bag notebook and submit it by Monday.
Add the following fractions :
- 11/15 + 12/3
- 8/16 + 9/4
Subtract the following fractions :
- 4/8 – 3/27
- 5/25 – 9/81
Add the following decimals:
- 23.0034 + 193.2234
- 104.2349 + 23.223
Subtract the following decimals:
- 143.0034 – 100.231
- 234.576- 123.697
Find the L.C.M.
- 24 and 90
- 44 and 14
- 17 and 85
- 21 and 3
- 8 and 42
- 6 , 12 and 24
When a sentence is written, it can either be written in active voice or passive voice.
- Active voice describes a sentence where the subject performs the action stated by the verb. For example: Tom changed the flat tire.
- Passive voice describes a sentence where the subject is acted upon by the verb.
Example – Active – John writes the article
Passive – The article is written by John
Change from active to passive :
- Who wrote it?
- A man requested the stranger to leave the meeting.
- Does listening to music disturb you?
Change from passive to active :
- The paintings will be exhibited by the organizers till the end of the month.
- All the dinner had been eaten before they finished the conversation.
- The electrician has already been paid for his work.
Directions: Read the following passage and answer the questions that follow
Have you ever heard the sound of a hummingbird? They make a buzzing noise when they fly. They make this noise because they beat their wings so fast. They beat their wings up to 80 times a second. All that flapping makes a lot of noise. That’s why we call them hummingbirds.
Hummingbirds fly in a unique way. They move their wings so fast that they can hover. This means that they can stay in one spot in the middle of the air, like a helicopter. Sometimes they fly or hover upside down. They are the only bird that flies backward.
Hummingbirds are small. One type called the bee hummingbird is the smallest bird in the world. Bee hummingbirds weigh less than a penny. They are just a little bit bigger than bees. I guess that’s where they get their name.
Bee hummingbirds build tiny nests. They use cobwebs and bits of bark to make their homes. Their homes are only an inch around. This is big enough for their eggs though. Their eggs are smaller than peas. People have found these tiny nests on a clothespin.
Hummingbirds move fast. It takes lots of energy to move as fast as they do. This means that they need to eat a lot of food. Their favourite food is nectar, a sweet liquid inside of some flowers. They drink more than their own weight in nectar daily. They have to visit hundreds of flowers to get enough nectar to live. They can only store enough energy to survive through the night. They live on the edge.
Hummingbirds don’t use their long beaks like straws. They have a tongue just like you. They use their tongues for eating. They flick their tongues in and out of their mouths while inside of flowers. They lap up nectar. Flowers give them the energy that they need.
Hummingbirds help flowers too. They get pollen on their heads and bills when they feed. Flowers use pollen to make seeds. Hummingbirds help pollen get from one flower to the next. This helps flowers make more seeds. More seeds means more flowers. More flowers means more food for hummingbirds. Isn’t it nice how that works out.
1. Why are they called hummingbirds?
a) They are very light
b)They sing when they fly
c) Â Their wings make a humming sound
d)Â Â Their song sounds like humming
2.Â How do hummingbirds eat?
a)They drink nectar through their beaks like a straw.
b)They chew up flower petals with their beaks.
c)They use their heads and bills to eat pollen.
d)They lap up nectar with their tongues.
3. How do hummingbirds help flowers?
a)They drink nectar.
b)They eat pollen
c)They bring pollen from one flower to the next.
d)They plant seed
4. According to the text, which does the bee hummingbird use to make nests?
5.Which best describes the main idea of the fifth paragraph?
a)Hummingbirds move fast.
b)Hummingbirds like to eat nectar.
c) Hummingbirds use lots of energy and eat often.
d)Hummingbirds drink their own weight in nectar every day.
6.Which statement about bee hummingbirds is not true?
a)Bee hummingbird eggs are smaller than peas.
b)Bee hummingbirds weigh less than a penny.
c)Bee hummingbirds have built nests on clothespins.
d)Bee hummingbirds do not grow larger than bees.
7.What is unique about the way that hummingbirds fly?
a)They can fly faster than any other bird.
b)They can fly longer than any other bird.
c)They can fly forward and backward.
d)They can only fly for a few seconds at a time.
8.Â Which best defines the word hover as used in paragraph two?
a) To stay in one spot in the air
b)To clean an area thoroughly
c)An animal that has hooves
d)To move your wings very fast
9.Which title best describes the main idea of this text?
a)Bee Hummingbirds: The World’s Smallest Bird
b)Pollination: How Birds and Flowers Work Together
c)Hummingbirds: Unique and Uniquely Helpful
d)Interesting Facts About Bird
- How do flowers and hummingbirds benefit each other? Refer to the text to support your answer
- Why does the hummingbird have to eat so often? Refer to the text to support your answer.
- Why is the ability to hover useful to a hummingbird? Refer to the text to support your answer.
Learning Enrichment and Advancement Program (LEAP) is a program that the school has been pursuing since last four years. The format of the program remains the same for this year as well. Students will be having a LEAP session once in a cycle. The school has undertaken this learning program to foster studentsâ€™ thinking skills. Students apply their learning of LEAP in Language, Math and UOI class, thereby, thinking differently or out of the box. It focuses more on cognitive processing. It provides tools and levers to allow students to explore areas. It gives a software for the mind that creates constructive thinking. It improves the ability to consider consequences before taking action.
We started with the oomph activity, students enjoyed a lot. They were dancing and giggling around. Next was deciding on essential agreements and explaining how LEAP will look like in the coming year, in an interesting way by guessing the picture from the PPT.
Further, the students introduced themselves by creating logical reasoning analogies (an analogy is a comparison of two things to show their similarities.) They came up with outstanding connections like Iâ€™m like an oil, which doesn’t get mixed up easily with everyone.
Overall, it was a fun-learning activity for the learners.
Homework: Try to recollect thinking tools that you have learnt so far and think critically how these thinking tools will be helpful to you in your day to day life or importance of thinking tools. Do it in your LEAP notebook (Back side of UOI notebook) as instructed in class.