This is to inform you that from today the Jr.KG and Sr.KG classes have shifted to Block 3 and 4 of the school (ground floor). This relocation is done because in few months the Early years wing will be under renovation. The kids were escorted by the teachers and class didis to their new classrooms where they’re going to be for the rest of this academic session. So please make a note of the same.
Early years team.
Today’s language homework is in jolly phonics book 2:- pg.no 21
Highly recommended session for parents!!
One of the greatest gifts adults can give to their offsprings and to the society- is to read to children.
Reading is an integral part of Fountainhead culture. The teachers, students as well as the parents contribute to strengthen this culture. We’re sure you’ll will agree to the benefits of reading aloud to our kids. Once again, we want to emphasise on the same just to ensure more and more parents read daily to their child. We’re sure some of you are really wonderful story tellers and the kids would be enjoying listening to your read alouds. But for some of us, reading aloud might be a totally untouched territory and we might be wondering how to make it more interesting for our children. Keeping this in mind, we’re organizing a workshop for the parents to develop the skills of doing an effective read aloud with kids at home. In this session, a demo of effective read aloud will be given followed by a small discussion about the reading magic program. We highly recommend parents to be a part of this workshop and contribute to their child’s development.
Date- 19th August, Saturday.
Timings- 10:30 am to 11:30 am
Venue- Respective classrooms.
Asst PYP Co-ordinator.
We would like to invite you to spend One Day At School (ODAS). The ODAS program at Fountainhead, gives parents a first hand experience of their child’s learning at school. The ODAS program will start from 1st September, 2017 and continue till 31st March 2018. On any particular day, a maximum of 4 parents (different grades) will be allowed for ODAS. Please note that only one parent i.e. either the father or mother is allowed for the visit. Timings for ODAS are 10:15 am – 1:30 pm.
Please call Ms. Richa Panchal at the front desk or mail us at email@example.com to register for ODAS slot. Registration will be confirmed as per availability of slots. Please do not email HRTs, write on Nucleus or on blog to register.
Points to be kept in mind during the ODAS visit:
- A schedule will be provided at the front desk regarding allotment of classes and respective timings.
- Kindly submit your mobiles at the front desk before commencing the visit.
- Parents are requested to quietly observe the class, without any discussion with the teacher.
- No personal discussion about the child will be entertained.
- Parents are requested to fill a feedback form (available at the front desk) at the end of their visit. Any relevant comments must be entered in the feedback form rather than discussing with the teacher.
For more information please contact Ms. Richa Panchal on 8000 130 031.
Creative Mela is an event, which provides students with a platform to explore different art forms either hands on or by exploration. Our aim is to unfold the mindsets of students towards various art forms. Hence our attempt is to give them an opportunity to come across versatile artforms containing visual as well as performing arts.
I am seeking. I am starving. I am in it with all my heart. – Vincent Van Gogh
Here we are, all charged up and ready for new ideas & fun with lots of learning.
We would like to invite parents to conduct an Art workshop during “CREATIVE MELA 2017-18”.
The event will take place in school premises on Friday, 29th September 2017.
Students are divided into three age groups.
Group A- Grade 3 and 4
Group B- Grade 5 and 6
Group C- Grade 7 to 10
During Creative Mela, students will get to experience activities such as:
- Button bowl making
- Bottle pouch
- Cap making, Wall hanging, Flowers making
- Spoon Art
- Clay modeling
- Stick puppets
- Paper basket, Dream catcher and Squash card
- Playing creative percussion instruments
- Voice modulation
- B boying dance – Free style
- Ink wash technique
- Punch craft
- Bead jewellery
- Napkin folding
- Toran making
- Zentangle Art
- Tie and Dye
- Hand and finger tutting
- Belly and Ballroom Dance
- Music and Technology
- Bookmark making
- Thread Art
- Sound Designing
- Making Finger puppets
- Quilling jewellery
- Paper bags
- Colour media exploration
Aforeementioned workshops will be conducted this year..
Please let us know your interest in conducting workshop from the above mentioned activities and suggestions for any new activities are also welcome. You are requested to express your interest by filling out the form attached here.
Last date of submitting the form is 19th August,2017.
Revision of the rhymes done till date.
Phonological Awareness :
- Various phonological awareness activities were done.
- Segmenting: Teacher helped the students to chop the given word as per the sounds.
Read alouds from the Sr. KG monthly read aloud list.
- Introduction of number names – Five, Six, Seven, Eight, Nine, Ten.
- Revision of concept ‘seriation’ from small to big objects through learning centers.
- Revision of tens and ones through learning centers.
- Writing of the following tricky words:
go, no, so, my, one, by, only, old, like, have.
- Blending words with CVC (consonant-vowel-consonant) concept.
- Revision of blending through learning centers.
TDT : Who we are.
Central Idea : Choices people make affect their health and well being.
Summative assessment was conducted.
Write the following tricky words (3 times) :
(Kindly refer to the format used in C.W.)
- Math: Worksheet(Middle numbers)
Important points :
- Kindly send a raincoat every day.
- Kindly give practice for dictation of tricky words as dictation of the same will be given in the class, during next week.
- Kindly ensure revision of taught concepts in Math.
- Kindly ensure daily revision of tricky words.
- Kindly conduct read alouds every day.
- Give writing practice of alphabets (lowercase and uppercase).
- Give writing practice for the taught number names (One to Ten only).
Have a splendid weekend! 🙂
Sr. KG Team.
cycle 7 -( 2nd Homework)
सभी अभिवावकों से निवेदन हैं कि नीचे दी गई link से ” बुद्धिमान हाथी ” कहानी का video दिखाएँ और “वर्णमाला” कविता याद करवाएँ |
” बुद्धिमान हाथी ” कहानी के आधार पर नीचे दिए गए प्रश्न अपने बच्चों से पूछें-
१) जंगल के सभी जानवर हाथी को अपना दोस्त क्यों नहीं बनाते थे ?
२ ) हाथी क्यों उदास था ?
३) जंगल के सभी जानवर क्यों भाग रहे थे ?
४) हाथी ने शेर को कैसे बेवकूफ़ बनाया ?
Kindly note today’s homework: Write number names (1-7) 3 times in math notebook (follow the notebook pattern).