Fountainhead School is proud to have been invited to participate in the prestigious 7th iteration of the Championship Conference of IIMUN which will be held at the The Retreat Hotel and Convention Center, Mumbai from Friday, 10th August, 2018 to Monday, 13th August, 2018.
Each year, Championship Conference of IIMUN India witnesses a participation of over 3000 school students from 42 countries compete for the BEST MUN school Trophy. IIMUN has today, with the support from institutions such as ours, has become the World’s Largest MUN organization, having been associated and affiliated to organizations ranging from the Ministry of External Affairs, Government of India to the United Nations itself. With 160 annual conferences in as many cities spread across 22 countries impact 10 million high school students, seeing support and speakers such as Former Secretary General of the United Nations H.E Mr. Ban-Ki-Moon to Mr. Amitabh Bachchan.
To mark this momentous seventh-anniversary celebration, IIMUN has apart from the conventional MUN also added:
1) Judges- Each council in the competition will be adjudicated by former and sitting Ambassadors who actually represented their countries in these specific councils.
2) College Fair- With these many students gathering for 4 days under one roof, IVY League Institutions, IIMs and other such universities across the globe are expected to send their admission officers/ deans to guide the students on how exactly to get into that college. This will actually help facilitate a better understanding of the university requirements as against getting certificates from university based MUN conferences which technically have nothing to do with the university.
3) MUNclave, the speaker series- IIMUN has always believed in getting leading luminaries to engage with students and this year 30 such speakers will talk to the students. Please visit website (www.iimun.in) to see a full list of speakers who have spoken at our conferences.
4) Global Village- Students will get the opportunity to not just represent the country allotted to them via the MUN, but also as a part of a dedicated social event to showcase the countries culture and tradition.
5) Sports Activities/ Mini-Festivals/ CAS Program- With an entire city at our disposal, IIMUN has planned certain activities with leading luminaries from these respective disciplines & widened the options by including adventure sports such as ATV bikes, Rappelling, Rock Climbing. These activities which are optional in nature will also be graded and student performances recognized for the same. These CAS programs pre/ during and post the conference can also be created.
6) Customized teachers itinerary- Interact with 150 like minded academicians, get a chance to get up close with living legends and enjoy the best amenities whilst helping your students.
7) Ambiance- with villas for accommodation, separate social events for teachers and students, a private lake to relax in the evenings, come experience a 9-star ambiance in a 7-star city.
8) End to End conference- Much unlike commercial cafes where every sugar sachet is a chance to fleece the institution, IIMUN seeks to maintain our Athiti Devo Bhava culture wherein everything from the time of landing at the Mumbai/ Pune Airport to the time of seeing you off, will be taken care of.
Cost: Approx. 27800-29000/- INR (per delegate) the respective cost is a subject to change as they have been calculated as per the current available train fares. The final cost may vary as per the actual.
The above mentioned cost includes:
- Delegate Fee
- School Registration fee
- Teachers accompanying Fee
- Transportation (Surat to Surat)
- All meals
- Miscellaneous charges
Eligibility criteria to participate for the IIMUN:
- The student should be of Grade 7 and onward (as per Academic year 2017-18)
- The students must have prior experience of Model United Nations and its criterias.
- The Student should be academically inclined and should also be able to cater better communication and delegations skills.
- Students will be selected on the basis of interview
- The above mentioned cost has been considered for minimum of 10 students, if we receive less than 10 student participants, the respective program will be cancelled.
- Further details like detailed itinerary, travel plan, accommodation details and other major details will be sent once we receive all final registrations.
- Final date to register will be 24 March’ 2018, Saturday.
- Cheque of Rs. 29000/- needs to be submitted by 31 March 2018, Saturday.
Delegation Registration Link:
In case of any concern/query, kindly feel free to reach us at email@example.com