This year we are emerging with the Service Program 2017-18 for the students of Grade 7-9 & 11. We shall once again have underprivileged children from all over the city (mainly from the areas near the school) to come together and learn something new, which will be facilitated by our FS students.
Objective & details:
We have introduced service component for all Senior School students as it is a required component of the IB (MY & DP) which aims to develop a caring young, internationally minded person for a better tomorrow.
Students will be involved in many activities which will include both Community and Environment related services.
We at Fountainhead believe not just fulfilling the needs of a curriculum or a syllabus of a subject, but we also believe in meeting ends with the needs of a humane soul, the ethics and morals that make us a better person, and eventually nurture leader’s through primary greatness, which we always speak of !
This programme will not only make the Senior School students accustomed to the subject of CAS, but it also lets them put aside their shortcomings and make themselves better social beings in every way possible.
What changes have we made this year?
Taking well into consideration the feedback received from all aspects, we have slightly improvised the module:
From this year onward, we will be having service session in the FS premises itself, wherein our students along with the students from NGO will come to the school on Sat-Sun and have sessions here. Transport to both the students of FS and the NGOs will be provided by the school.
Reasons and benefits of this change:
- Safety of all the students (FS and NGO) will be assured as it will be held strictly within the school premises and they all will be in constant supervision of school (Teachers/ Admin) & security staff.
- All resources/ facilities will be available in the school itself.
- Syllabus/ plan will be provided by the FS academic teams.
- Transport to all students will be provided by the school.
- Students, both from FS and the NGOs will get to have a new experience every weekend and take back some learning, both on basis of soft skills and hard skills.
Details of the program:
||Total number of sessions to be attended by each student
||Batches (Total 4 batches)
|Saturdays: 3 to 5 pm
Sundays: 9 to 11 am
1st session: 15th & 16th July
2nd session: 22nd & 23rd July
3rd session: 29th & 30th July
1st session- 5 & 6 Aug 2017
2nd session – 12 & 13 Aug 2017
3rd session -19 & 20 Aug
1st session- 26 & 27 Aug 2017
2nd session – 2 & 3 Sept
3rd session – 9 & 10 Sept
1st session -16 & 17 sept
2nd session- 23 & 24sept
3rd session- 30 & 1st oct 2017
- Students will have 3 week community service program which will have 6 sessions in all.
- Sessions will be conducted on the weekend (Saturdays- 3 to 5 pm & Sundays- 9 to 11 am)
- G7, 8, 9 & 11 students will be divided into 4 batches- One batch will comprise of consecutive 6 sessions.
- There will be orientation sessions held well in prior to the initiation of this program, for each student to understand the structure and its objective well in detail and can also have their queries addressed.
- Google form will have to filled up by each student to chose it’s preference/ choice from the list of activities which will be mentioned in the form (link of the form is at the end of this doc)
- Please note that each activity has a minimum vacancy no. hence, the forms will be accepted on first come first serve basis.
- Once the selection is done, 4 batches will be formed as per the activities.
- Each batch will have a student incharge.
- 2-3 adult in charge from FS & security staff will be present during the sessions to supervise it.
- Syllabus/ plan for each activity will be provided by the FS Acad team well in prior to the students, and shall also be explained as to how to go forward with it.
- This is a MANDATORY MODULE and hence all 6 sessions must be performed, if not it will lead you to failing condition for your respective academic year.
- Grade 7-9- Compulsory module. For Grade 7 & 8, it will be a part of PHE/ Arts service component. Also, for all Grades (7-9) it is a promotional requirement to the CAS subject in DP.
- Grade 11- Compulsory for DP course for eligibility at the High school Diploma as well as for those who are yet to meet the learning outcomes for CAS.
- Grade 10- Optional
Expectations from the students:
- Every student must come to the service session in FS school uniform. The students must have the LONG PANTS on and NO SHORTS will be allowed, for both boys and girls. If any student arrives wearing the shorts (Uniform shorts or any other) will have consequences.
- Each student must carry their own snack (following the friday food policy).
- NO GADGETS (mobile phones, mp3/4 players, ipods, ipads, laptops, cameras, smart watches) will be allowed to these sessions.
- Each student is expected to show complete discipline and dedication towards the program and must be self-motivated to explore and bring better progress in each of their subject areas.
- Reflection (can be pictures also) will have to be posted on blog, the guidelines of which will be explained to the students during their orientation sessions.
- Completion of each student’s service program will be examined on the basis of their attendance to the sessions plus basic level of involvement which will be certified by the adult supervisors.
- The batch allocation & bus routes will be shared with the students/ parents through blog post 1 week prior to the 1st service session (8th July).
- Bus routes will be common for all 4 batches and hence it will have only a few common stops, the students will have to reach to the stop nearest to them.
- Also, these buses will not only pick and drop the FS students but will also be providing the facility to the NGO students along with our students at the same time.
All the students are requested to fill the form for the respective Service program 2017-18, latest by 3rd July, 2017. Post 3rd July, the remaining students will be allotted activities by us as per the vacancies, and no further changes shall be accepted.
In case of any query related to the respective program, kindly mail us at: email@example.com
Fountainhead School, Kunkni.