We are pleased to announce that Fountainhead School has been registered for the International Award for Young People (IAYP).
In India, The Award Programme Foundation is licensed by the Duke of Edinburgh’s International Award Association to run IAYP in India as the National Award Authority or NAA.
Details About the IYAP:
The Award Programme was first introduced in the United Kingdom in 1956 as the Duke of Edinburgh’s Award. The aim was to motivate young people aged between 14 and 25 years to become involved in a balanced programme of voluntary self-development activities to take them through the potentially difficult period between adolescence and adulthood.
The Award’s concept is one of individual challenge, giving young people a balanced, non-competitive programme of voluntary activities which encourage personal discovery and growth, self-reliance, perseverance, responsibility to themselves and service to their community. Those who participate in the Award are expected to follow its requirements in a non-competitive manner with a determination to succeed, either individually or as part of a team. The Award therefore is challenging, and can be undertaken at your own pace.
The Participation Age is between 14 and 25 years. The basic structure of the Award consists of 4 mandatory sections Service, Adventurous Journey, Skills and Physical Recreation. There are 3 levels of the Award – Bronze, Silver & Gold. Participants must complete the four mandatory sections of Service, Adventurous Journey, Skill & Physical Recreation.
Participants can undertake all three categories of the Award programme or enter directly at any of the three levels in the following age group;
|Level of Award
||for those over 14
||or those over 15
|| Or those over 16 years
For each of these levels a participant is required to undertake activities under each of the four sections. At Gold level, participants undertake a Residential Project in addition.
- Available to all.
- Participation is voluntary and offers a wide choice of activities.
- An individual challenge as it is non-competitive.
- Achievement focused – only positive remarks are recorded.
- A marathon, not a sprint. Successful completion calls for persistence and commitment.
- An enjoyable experience for both participants and adult volunteers.
- All about teamwork and the building of interpersonal skills.
- Non-political; no considerations of religion, caste or creed are relevant.
The Award Programme currently operates in around 9000 schools worldwide within national programmes or as individual units (Independent Operators).
The Award is a life changing experience that enables students to:
- Gain recognition for extra/co-curricular activities
- Improve their personal development by learning new skills such as time management, teamwork and problem solving
- Build their confidence by trying something new
- Make a positive impact on their community through volunteering
- Undertake activities that support applications for college, university or employment. This award will help students to build a strong resume when applying to universities abroad as well as to progressive universities in India
Students form G9 onwards can register for this programme.
if interested, please submit the registration form by 15th August,2018. https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSd7pH4c-0Y8v2GFqY05SiWIlBGvKaT1aP3Pga0BXuOIO51SfQ/viewform
For any queries please mail to email@example.com
Programme Cost: Rs. 700.00 per Level. If interested amount will be deducted from Imprest account.