Kindly excuse me for sending the highlights after a break due to some technical and personal issues. SORRY!
This is the detailed highlights of the past days as mentioned above:
UOI: (1) Learners were taken for the field trip to Science center – Museum and Surat Darshan to observe the historical pictures, articles and other things to know the history of ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã‹Å“SURATÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã‚Â. They also watched a movie on the History of Surat. During Surat Darshan they visited Old monuments, castle, fort, AndrewÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã¢â€žÂ¢s Library, Chintamani Jain temple and English Cementry at Katargam. After the field trip students wrote their reflections on their visits.
2) The students unpacked the Central Idea by using Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â Graphic organizer (Bulb). They also thought of the concepts that we are going to focus on for the current unit.
3) They were also introduced to the research steps that they are going to learn and implement for their research skills for the current unit. The students were also asked to follow those steps and try to do the research on ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã‹Å“SuratÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã¢â€žÂ¢.
4) During the Nature Camp they were also introduced with ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã‹Å“Urban, Sub-urban & RuralÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã¢â€žÂ¢ areas covering one of the LOI of the Unit.
MATH: Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â Learner attempted simple mixed word problems. They were also asked to practice daily at least two word problemsÃƒâ€šÃ‚Â to increase their speed and get right answer soon. Repeated practice was also given for the same in the class.
LANGUAGE:Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â (1) Learners were introduced with verb tenses by showing them video with examples. They also solved the worksheets on verb tenses. Students also saw videos on ‘angry birds’ and ‘nimo‘ and wrote a paragraph on them using their imagination. Gave new spellings and took dictation on it.
(2) The learners played verb games using flash cards and made maximum correct sentences in the given time. They enjoyed the activity very much.
3) The implementation of reemphasizing one grammar strand as the exit card strategy was also done and the students were asked to use them in sentences to help learners to speak well in English.
(4) They also wrote ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã‹Å“Paragraph WritingÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã¢â€žÂ¢ through the Burger Graphic Organizer. Students were explained well the imp. points to take into consideration while writing a paragraph on any topic. The points were ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã¢â‚¬Å“ introduction,Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â detail 1, detail 2, detail 3, and conclusion. Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â After the explanation, discussion and understanding the graphic organizer, learners were given three topics and they had to select any one and write a paragraph on it. The topics were ( If I had a pet.Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â / Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â My first airplane trip.Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â / Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â If I had a robot.)
(5)Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â Culminating Activity of the reader for the Summative Assessment :Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã¢â‚¬Å“ The characters of the reader were listed on the board and the learners had to select any oneÃƒâ€šÃ‚Â character from the list and write down the actions of that character, what that character says, feelings of thatÃƒâ€šÃ‚Â character and theÃƒâ€šÃ‚Â appearance of that character based on their reader.
(6) Show and Tell Activity:– The learners described the objects in detail that they had bought from home as per the prior instructions given. For this activity they were Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â judged on the followingÃƒâ€šÃ‚Â criteria s : Content, Clarity, Audibility, Vocabulary and Body Language.
ICT: Worked on research tools i.e how to make a proper research on a particular topic.The learners were taught how to conduct a research.
TodayÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã¢â€žÂ¢s H.W (15/12/12) :
(1) Lang:– Do pg. 10, 30 & 31 in the lang grammar workbook.
(2) Math:– Do 2 mixed word problems in your note book.
(3) C.W:– Write 1 pg. in your c.w book with neat handwriting.
Kindly Note: Daily check your childÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã¢â€žÂ¢s recap and the H.W done by your child in the respective book / subject & also sign it with pencil so that we can clear the childÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã¢â€žÂ¢s mistakes or doubts at the same time.