Following are the research steps that the learners will use to conduct research for their current UOI. The learners have been explained these steps in detail. We also have sent a hard copy for the same today.
1. Define your subject–
- Start the subject by asking yourself, what do you want to find out?
- Brainstorming about the subject- Make a list of what you already know-
- List down the keywords that you would use to undertake your research.
e.g.Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â Form: Describe the recognizable features of Surat that can be observed, identified and described.
Causation:Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â Why is Surat unique? What are the actions and events that have happened in the past that make Surat different from other cities.
- Gather your tools- journal, scrap book, internet, reference books, magazines, newspaper articlesÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã‚Â¦
2. Search your information-Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â Use the resources you have gathered.
What if you canÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã¢â€žÂ¢t find anything- see the tricks- like 5 fingers- if you see a website, article or a book, where you canÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã¢â€žÂ¢t understand more than 5 words/sentences then that website, article or book is not relevant for you.
3. Make notes ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã¢â‚¬Å“Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â You can include facts and photos. It is mandatory to include bibliography.Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â BibliographyÃƒâ€šÃ‚Â means a list of sources from where you have gathered your information.
List down the sources from where you have collected your information
List down the interesting facts that you find out from these sources.
4. Organise your information ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã¢â‚¬Å“
Arrange the information that you have gathered in a proper sequence in which you would like to present.
Conclude your topic by writing down your learning from the research that you have done.
6. Share what you have learned-
Sharing of your research findings using information collected so far in your scrap book.
Besides Google, you can also use these search engines for researching on the net.
The following is the website which has been used as a reference, to prepare these research steps:Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â http://www.kyvl.org/kids/p1_plan/define.html.
[The students can use their scrap book for noting down the points during their research for their Summative Assessment, when given. The topic for the same will be given later as per the schedule.]
UOI/ICT: The Central Idea, Key Concepts, TDT Skills and LOI of the current Unit was once again revised in the class. The learners also wrote the difference between Urban and Rural places in their UOI book. Steps for doing research work was explained and discussed in the class. Then the students did the research on Surat, following the steps as mentioned above.
Lang: Students solved 1 pg. in their Grammar workbook. They also solved a worksheet on tenses.
Math:Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â learners also solved 2 word problems in the given worksheet. Sum 3 & 4 to be done as H.W.
H.W: Math – Solve theÃƒâ€šÃ‚Â word problem 3 & 4 in the given worksheet.
UOI – Complete the research work on Surat following the steps given and write atleast 10/12 sentences on it. Students can also do this research work on any other city of India, if they wish to.
Note: Circular on research steps and Verbs are given.