To mark the 125th birth anniversary of honorary mathematician Srinivasa Ramanujan, Gr 6 is hosting a quiz competition- Math WhizKids.
When and where?
Round 1: 26 December (Online Quiz- ICT lab)
Round 2: 28 December (Multiple rounds- X-box)
How to prepare?
The following topics need to revised for the quiz.
- Numbers (BODMAS, Rounding, Prime nos, fractions, decimals, percentage)
- Word problems
- Polygons and its properties
- Point, line and planes
- Coordinate geometry
- Data handling and graphs
References:Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â Checkpoint, Math notebook, FSICT links, Mindspark (all these topics are activated on Mindspark)
So if YOU want to be the WhizKid, you will have to work your tail off!! So pull your socks up and get moving…
- Revision of all the rhymes done till date.
- Morning Message: Think Win-Win. andÃƒâ€šÃ‚Â Talk about weather.
UOI :Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã¢â‚¬Å“ Family and friends play a role in our lives.
- Role play: – Students were given situations and they had to act accordingly.
- Picnic:- Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â students went to picnic with their friends
- Word of the week:Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â Thank you, Sorry and Please.
- Dear parent kindly revise word of the week done at school.
- Introduction of letterÃƒâ€šÃ‚Â ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã…â€œSsÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã‚Â and ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã…â€œTt ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã‚Â and its associations (Sail Boat, Salad, Salt, Sand, Sandals, Sand Castle, Sandwich, Saw, Scarf, Scissors, Sea, Shell, Seal, Seeds, Seven, Shark, Sheep, Shirt, Shoes, Silver, Sink, Six, Skirt, Slippers, Snack, Snake, Snow, Soap, Sock, Soup, Stamp, Star, String, Suit, Suitcase, Sun, Sunflowers, Sunglasses, Sweater, Snail, Swan, Seagull)( Table, Tambourine, Tape, Tarts, Tea, Tea Cup, Teapot, Teddy Bear, Towel, Tractor, Tray, Train, Triangle, Tricycle, Tiger, Tree, Truck, T-Shirt, Tub, Tube, Tulip, Tuna, Turkey, Turtle, Two, Tap)
High frequency words:Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã¢â‚¬Å“ Revision of words ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã…â€œgo, no, so, to, doÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã‚Â.Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â Introduction : ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã…â€œsaw, one, two, theÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã‚Â
Author name: Eric Carle
Book name: The very hungry caterpillar
Activities done: 1. Discussion about healthy and junk food.
Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â 2. Pictograph activity
Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â 3. Art and craft activity. (Thumb printing)
Author Name: Anushka Ravishankar
Book name: Elephant never forget
Activities: Voting activity where students have to vote and let me know about what they think about the character ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã‹Å“ElephantÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã¢â€žÂ¢ would chose in the end. Discussion about the characters of the book
- Introduction of number 20 by using vocabulary twenty.
- Introduction of Patterns with two attributes.
- Revision of Terms: long-short, wide-narrow, small-big, up-down, far- near, left-right, inside-outside and Fat-thin etc was been practiced.
- Revision of mathematical operation- counting, association, after, before, middle, between, forward, backward, more and less, greater than and less than from number 0-20.
- Revision of sorting objects according to shape, size and color was done.
- Construction\wooden Blocks
- Lacing boards
- Easel and rollers
- Rolling pins and clay
- Kindly revise word of the week done in the class.
- As we are taking assessment, so make sure that your child attends the school regularly.
- Kindly revise all the below mentioned High frequency words with your child. We will be taking oral (reading test) from 10th December onwards.Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â (I, she, he, me, we, go, no, so, to, do, up, my, as, at, or, us, by, am, in, you)
- We had sent you theÃƒâ€šÃ‚Â helping family log sheet along with the Diwali homework; please send it back, as it is a part of UOI assessment.(if send then please ignore it.)
- KindlyÃƒâ€šÃ‚Â practiceÃƒâ€šÃ‚Â math operations (counting, association, after\before numbers, middle\between numbers and backward-forward counting, more or less, greater than and less than) with your child. And in language practice identification of letters (capital and small letters) and its associations (ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã‹Å“AÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã¢â€žÂ¢ for apple, almond, ambulance, apron, anchor, astronaut, etc.)
- Please keep a track on your childÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã¢â€žÂ¢s progress/learning.
Have a nice Sunday!
Log-in issue with the quiz has been rectified. Kindly visit the link and retry.
<iframe src=”https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/embeddedform?formkey=dG9KVnZvejB3TWlrY3FHYjh4UWNYS1E6MQ” width=”760″ height=”3816″ frameborder=”0″ marginheight=”0″ marginwidth=”0″>Loading…</iframe>
You can view the published form here:Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dG9KVnZvejB3TWlrY3FHYjh4UWNYS1E6MQ