Highlights of last two weeks from 2nd Sept to 18th SeptÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã¢â€žÂ¢2013
Circle Time: Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â
Rhymes:Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â Introduction of new rhymes:Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã…â€œOh the cuckooÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã‚Â, ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã…â€œMiss Molly had a dollyÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã‚Â, ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã‚ÂHere we go round the mulberry bushÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã‚Â, and ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã…â€œBe proactiveÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã‚Â and revision of other rhymes covered till date.
Discussion on what learners did during the weekend?
ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã…â€œStories can engage the audience and communicate meaningÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã‚Â
Through an activity, learners were taught about how stories are created and shared.
Activity: The learners were divided in 4 groups and were made to watch a video without sound. The teacher gave prior instruction like: Group 1 will discuss about the character of the story, Group2:Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â beginning, middle and the end, Group 3:place and time and Group 4:title.
Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã‹Å“We find different materials in the surrounding and they behave differently.ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã¢â€žÂ¢
Learning engagement: Learners were explained the connection between the Central Idea and TDT (Transdisciplinary theme).
Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â Language:
- Word of the week:Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã¢â€žÂ¢PrincipleÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã¢â€žÂ¢ (ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã‹Å“I act honestly and with a strong sense of fairness , justice and respect for the dignity of an individual, groups and communities )Risk taker ( you are brave and approach unfamiliar situation with courage) and revision of other words covered till date.
- Drill: ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã¢â‚¬Å“Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â What is your fatherÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã¢â€žÂ¢s name?Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â ,Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â What is your motherÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã¢â€žÂ¢s name?Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â revision of other drills covered till date.
- Morning message: –Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã…â€œThere are seven days in a week.ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã‚ÂRevision of other messages covered till date.
Revision of letters ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã…â€œAa to IiÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã‚Â
Introduction of the letter ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã…â€œJj and KkÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã‚Â along with the sound and its associations, through different play way methods like sorting, colouring, associating etc.
(J: Jug, Jar, Joker, Jelly, Jam, Jacket, Juice, Juggler, Jellyfish, Junk food, Jigsaw, Jeep, Jump etc.
K: Key, Kite, Kettle, Keyboard, Knee, Kiwi, Kayak, King, Koala, Kitten, Kangaroo, Kitchen, Ketchup, Kitkat etc.)
Introduction of sight words:Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â I, me, he, she, in, it.
- Read Aloud:
Many stories were read aloud to engage the students and to evoke their interest in reading books. The stories that were read aloud in the class were:
- Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â If you give a moose a muffin – Laura Numeroff
- The eye book.- Dr. Seuss
- Mmm cookies.- Robert Munsch
- The princess and the frog.
- Rapunzel .
- I like bugs – Margaret wise Brown
- Revision of forward /backward counting and after numbers from 1 to 9.
- Introduction of more and less through stories ( animal stories, fruit seller stories) and hoola hoop activity .
- Revision of pre math concepts (tall, short , fat, thin ,thick, thin , hard, soft)
- Introduction of subitizingÃƒâ€šÃ‚Â till number 6 using different manipulative (estimate the shown quantity)
- Introduction of number ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã…â€œ10ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã‚Â³ using abacus.
FMS (Fine Motor Skills):
- Rolling pins with clay
- Lacing board
- Clay pinching
- Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â Tracing of alphabets in corn flour
- Link up blocks
- Wooden blocks
- Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â Construction blocks
Language:Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â worksheets.