Date of submission: 12/03/2014, Wednesday
Task 1- Procedural Writing: Write clear, concise and numbered instructions/steps for any one of the following:
- How to build a great music collection (at minimum expense and legally too)?
- How to make (and keep) friends on Facebook?
- How to give yourself a groovy haircut?
Task 2:Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â Write a one paragraph summary of Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â a film that you have seen lately, mentioning only the main aspects of the film in chronological order, and grouping the information in complex sentences. Example -After a terrible plane crash, an American businessman finds himself alone on a desert island, which seems…
Literature: Write an essay on the following topic citing relevant evidences and giving suitableÃƒâ€šÃ‚Â explanations/arguments. Use the information recorded in the language class for reference.
“Are ShylockÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã¢â€žÂ¢s reasons for revenge justified?”
P.S. – Strictly adhere to the set criteria (marked in red font).
On Monday, 10th March 2014, Jr. KG Orange will be having assembly, so kindly send Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â your child in Orange T-shirt and Black Jeans.
Send Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â uniform in their bags.
This week also we continued with the topic ” Living things in their environment” – chapter 5 – Science checkpoint volume 1. This week students learned about producers and consumers, concept of food chain and food web through an activity. They also learned methods to find out number and varieties of species in different habitats and methods for collecting small animals from different habitats.
Pooja and Smita.
Language Updates: We have been working on summary writing and organising information in the past few sessions. The following components have been covered:
- Identifying the main facts
- Delivering the points concisely
- Using one’s own words when summarising
- Avoiding repetition
- organising information in logical sequence
- Drawing inferences
Literature Updates: The Darkling Thrush by Thomas Hardy has been analysed with reference to the themes and poetic devices used in the poem. The students have completed two assignments Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â on the poem – a detailed feedback has been given in the class with a view to prepare them for the IGCSE literature component .
Formative Assessment relevant to Geometry will be conducted on the upcoming Day 4 i.e on 12th March 2014.
You all have considerable and sufficient time to prepare and hence can perform way beyond your potentials.
Thanks and Regards,
Krishna Shethji & Kinjal Morkhia.
Kindly take a note for FridayÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã¢â€žÂ¢s homework.
Language: Page nos: 63, 65
Mathematics: Page nos: 88,90,91
Jr Kg Team
Learners solved 2 sums on subtraction (3-digit).
[Unit Of Inquiry]
Learners gave their reflection on the “Guest speaker” session, maze game and theirÃƒâ€šÃ‚Â enduring understanding about the U.O.I. so far using the graphic organizers.Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â Discussion was carried for the third line of inquiry- “Challenges and rewards of teamwork”.
1) Dictation was taken in the form of paragraph.
2) Learners revised all the rules of singular/plural orally.
1) Learners solved a word problem having mixed operation in it.
2)Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â Learners learned the concept of grouping in a creative way using tooth picks and rubber band through a story of ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã…â€œWood cutterÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã‚Â. Learners thoroughly enjoyed the learning process.
Learners need to do the pages marked in the given comprehension workbook.
Learners need to solve the given pictograph worksheet.
ÃƒÂ Ã‚Â¤Ã¢â‚¬â€ÃƒÂ Ã‚Â¥Ã†â€™ÃƒÂ Ã‚Â¤Ã‚Â¹ÃƒÂ Ã‚Â¤Ã¢â‚¬Â¢ÃƒÂ Ã‚Â¤Ã‚Â¾ÃƒÂ Ã‚Â¤Ã‚Â°ÃƒÂ Ã‚Â¥Ã‚ÂÃƒÂ Ã‚Â¤Ã‚Â¯
- ÃƒÂ Ã‚Â¤Ã‚Â¸ÃƒÂ Ã‚Â¥Ã‚ÂÃƒÂ Ã‚Â¤Ã‚ÂµÃƒÂ Ã‚Â¤Ã‚Â° ÃƒÂ Ã‚Â¤Ã…â€œÃƒÂ Ã‚Â¥Ã‚ÂÃƒÂ Ã‚Â¤Ã…Â¾ÃƒÂ Ã‚Â¤Ã‚Â¾ÃƒÂ Ã‚Â¤Ã‚Â¨ ÃƒÂ Ã‚Â¤Ã‚Â®ÃƒÂ Ã‚Â¥Ã¢â‚¬Â¡ÃƒÂ Ã‚Â¤Ã¢â‚¬Å¡ page no.56 ÃƒÂ Ã‚Â¤Ã‚Â®ÃƒÂ Ã‚Â¥Ã¢â‚¬Â¡ÃƒÂ Ã‚Â¤Ã¢â‚¬Å¡ ÃƒÂ Ã‚Â¤Ã‚Â¦ÃƒÂ Ã‚Â¤Ã‚Â¿ÃƒÂ Ã‚Â¤Ã‚Â ÃƒÂ Ã‚Â¤Ã¢â‚¬â€ÃƒÂ Ã‚Â¤Ã‚Â ÃƒÂ Ã‚Â¤Ã‚ÂµÃƒÂ Ã‚Â¤Ã‚Â°ÃƒÂ Ã‚Â¥Ã‚ÂÃƒÂ Ã‚Â¤Ã‚Â£ÃƒÂ Ã‚Â¥Ã¢â‚¬Â¹ÃƒÂ Ã‚Â¤Ã¢â‚¬Å¡ ÃƒÂ Ã‚Â¤Ã‚Â¸ÃƒÂ Ã‚Â¥Ã¢â‚¬Â¡ ÃƒÂ Ã‚Â¤Ã‚Â¶ÃƒÂ Ã‚Â¤Ã‚Â¬ÃƒÂ Ã‚Â¥Ã‚ÂÃƒÂ Ã‚Â¤Ã‚Â¦ ÃƒÂ Ã‚Â¤Ã‚Â¬ÃƒÂ Ã‚Â¤Ã‚Â¨ÃƒÂ Ã‚Â¤Ã‚Â¾ÃƒÂ Ã‚Â¤Ã¢â‚¬Å“ |
- ÃƒÂ Ã‚Â¤Ã…â€œÃƒÂ Ã‚Â¤Ã‚Â¿ÃƒÂ Ã‚Â¤Ã‚Â¨ ÃƒÂ Ã‚Â¤Ã¢â‚¬ÂºÃƒÂ Ã‚Â¤Ã‚Â¾ÃƒÂ Ã‚Â¤Ã‚Â¤ÃƒÂ Ã‚Â¥Ã‚ÂÃƒÂ Ã‚Â¤Ã‚Â°ÃƒÂ Ã‚Â¥Ã¢â‚¬Â¹ÃƒÂ Ã‚Â¤Ã¢â‚¬Å¡ ÃƒÂ Ã‚Â¤Ã¢â‚¬Â¢ÃƒÂ Ã‚Â¥Ã¢â€šÂ¬ ÃƒÂ Ã‚Â¤Ã‚Â¸ÃƒÂ Ã‚Â¥Ã‚ÂÃƒÂ Ã‚Â¤Ã‚ÂµÃƒÂ Ã‚Â¤Ã‚Â° ÃƒÂ Ã‚Â¤Ã…â€œÃƒÂ Ã‚Â¥Ã‚ÂÃƒÂ Ã‚Â¤Ã…Â¾ÃƒÂ Ã‚Â¤Ã‚Â¾ÃƒÂ Ã‚Â¤Ã‚Â¨ ÃƒÂ Ã‚Â¤Ã‚Â®ÃƒÂ Ã‚Â¥Ã¢â‚¬Â¡ÃƒÂ Ã‚Â¤Ã¢â‚¬Å¡ ÃƒÂ Ã‚Â¤Ã¢â‚¬Â¢ÃƒÂ Ã‚Â¤Ã¢â‚¬Â¢ÃƒÂ Ã‚Â¥Ã‚ÂÃƒÂ Ã‚Â¤Ã‚Â·ÃƒÂ Ã‚Â¤Ã‚Â¾ ÃƒÂ Ã‚Â¤Ã¢â‚¬Â¢ÃƒÂ Ã‚Â¤Ã‚Â¾ÃƒÂ Ã‚Â¤Ã‚Â°ÃƒÂ Ã‚Â¥Ã‚ÂÃƒÂ Ã‚Â¤Ã‚Â¯ ÃƒÂ Ã‚Â¤Ã¢â‚¬Â¦ÃƒÂ Ã‚Â¤Ã‚Â§ÃƒÂ Ã‚Â¥Ã¢â‚¬Å¡ÃƒÂ Ã‚Â¤Ã‚Â°ÃƒÂ Ã‚Â¤Ã‚Â¾ ÃƒÂ Ã‚Â¤Ã‚Â¹ÃƒÂ Ã‚Â¥Ã¢â‚¬Â¹ ÃƒÂ Ã‚Â¤Ã¢â‚¬Â°ÃƒÂ Ã‚Â¤Ã‚Â¸ÃƒÂ Ã‚Â¥Ã¢â‚¬Â¡ ÃƒÂ Ã‚Â¤Ã‚ÂªÃƒÂ Ã‚Â¥Ã¢â‚¬Å¡ÃƒÂ Ã‚Â¤Ã‚Â°ÃƒÂ Ã‚Â¤Ã‚Â¾ ÃƒÂ Ã‚Â¤Ã¢â‚¬Â¢ÃƒÂ Ã‚Â¤Ã‚Â°ÃƒÂ Ã‚Â¥Ã¢â‚¬Â¹ |
Math: (1) Practice Algebra on http://www.mathplayground.com/AlgebraEquations.html 2)Complete Ex.9.1 A; Checkpoint Math 3) Attempt Algebra Quiz UOI: (Kindly note the change in H.W: You don’t have to make a map(Cartography) instead you need to do the H.W given below): Explore the city(with your PYP Exhibition group members. Take along an adult),Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â identify the hot spots related to your specific issue and collect the data -in terms of the name of the areas, where you find your selected problems. Be audacious. Don’t hesitate to talk to people around. Example: Issue-Noise Pollution; Areas affected:
- Surat Railway Station due to heavy traffic
- Sahara Corridor-due to business activities/shopping malls
- Udhna Corridor-small scale industries
- Athwa Corridor-Traffic
Record the data in the interleaf book and you will be making the map in school on Monday.
Reflection taken on the movie ‘The Racing Stripes’ on an A4 coloured paper. Few questions were given to the learners and they had to answer those questions.
Introduced ‘demonstrative pronouns’ (this, that, these and those). Learners saw the video on it. They wrote the definition and examples for the same in the notebook.
Dictation taken for the words given.
Learners gave formative assessemnt for the concept of grouping.
Pictograph worksheet given.
Few pages given in Comprehension workbook.