LEAP Classes has been amazing experience for students. We also enjoyed a lot and had some great learning.
Till now there has been 9 LEAP Session ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã¢â‚¬Å“ 9th session was the reflection session [Which is still going on during this cycle].
All 8 sessions had different activities. Following is the ListÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã‚Â¦
- Students made a structure using Popsicle sticks. The criteria was to make a tall, stable structure. Class was divided into groups of 4 and each group had to come up with own strategies to build the structure. Besides popsicle sticks, rubber band, thread, scissors, cutters, thumb pins were provided.
- Learners made 3D shapes using broom sticks and rubber bands. The shapes those they had to make were: triangle, square, cube and cuboid.
- Learners had to make different toys using material provided to them on 4 workstations. Toys made by them were: Clapper, dancing eye, balloon spinner and straw flute
- Learners made sprinklers and sprays using straws.
- Learners made ball tumbler and ball bounce using materials brought from home
- Learners explored, on their chrome books, how to view stereograms. They also tried creating their own stereograms using online tools.
- Through different activities learners explored strengths and weaknesses of human body. Altogether 7 different activities were done:
1. Confuse your foot
2. Feel your breath
3. Listen to your own voice
4. Grow your nose
5. Dominant eye
6. Tie a string around your finger
7. Numb your finger
- Learners made toys to learn the concept of balance. They made a toucan which balanced on its claw and a joker which balanced on its head.
Following link is the Album of selected pictures from all sessionsÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã‚Â¦
Copy and paste following Link