‘Highlights of the week’ [8th to 12th September]
WOW: Communicator Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â [We express our ideas confidently.]
Morning message: There are seven days in a week.
Drills: What is your fatherÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã¢â€žÂ¢s name? My fatherÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã¢â€žÂ¢s name isÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã‚Â¦
Revision of rhymes:Oh! The cuckoo, oh! The cuckoo, up and down, open the shut them, be proactive.
Introduction of the Rhyme:
Miss Molly had a dolly who was sick ,sick ,sick
So she called up the doctor to be quick, Quick, quick.
The doctor came with his hat and his bag,
And he knocked at the door with a rat-a-tat-tat.
He looked at the dolly and he shook his head,
And he told Miss Molly to put her straight to bed
He wrote on a paper for the pill , pill, pill,
IÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã¢â€žÂ¢ll be back in the morning for the bill, bill, bill.
THE RIVER IS FLOWING:
Revision of wiggles:
Head, shoulders, knees and toes.
Wiggle itÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã‚Â¦ ChildrenÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã¢â€žÂ¢s song by Patty Shukla Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tfoY49Nnnns]
Shake and move by Patty Shukla [ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5RUzkySseE ]
I can do it by Patty Shukla [ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4HFZxPbHxO]
Jump jump star [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5G6CxMlvQeg]
Reach Up High ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã¢â‚¬Å“ Tofa Tafa with Lyrics ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã¢â‚¬Å“ Children Love to Sing Kids Action Dance Party Songs ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRpMZUylwfY )
If you are a kid [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qr9ge4XGUYs]
Read Alouds: Spot goes to school My very first book of colors  Seven habits of happy kids [1st Story].  My family by Arshi Naaz  A tree can be… by Judy Nayer  Topsy Turvy By Noni  Dazzling Diggers By Tony Mitton & Ant Parker
ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã‚ÂWe can express feelings and communicate meaning through different storiesÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã‚Â
Revision of sequence ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã¢â‚¬Å“ The storyÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã¢â€žÂ¢s beginning, middle, end , message ,ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã…â€œTitleÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã‚Â Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã‹Å“placeÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã¢â€žÂ¢ and character, When Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â of the stories.
STORIES : ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã‹Å“Cinderella, The Rainbow fish, Snow white,mercury and the woodman ,The shepherd boy
Pre math concepts-Learners did the matching of the Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â pre math concepts Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â in the worksheet: i.e. up-down, tall- short, hard- short, etc.
Pre math displays:A group activity was done Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â where the learners were asked about the concepts like short/long, thick/thin, etc.
This was done by showing pictures to them and then they pasted that picture on the chart paper accordingly.
Absorption\repel, Float\sink and soluble\insoluble
Revision of small letters [ a,b,c,d,e,f] along with the sound and its association with pictures
Revision Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â of Patterns
Learners revised Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â 2 attribute of patterns [ABAB]They made connections with real life patterns too.) Learners understood that they see patterns around them in real life.
Forward counting: 1- 10 (through ladder activity & train activity)
Association of number: 1-10(through different learning engagement)
- numbers ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã‹Å“1-10ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã¢â€žÂ¢
- backward counting.
Revision of pre math:
Worksheet for horizontal and vertical forward counting of numbers .
Guided Play 1:-
learners did fishing and caught the fishes according to teachers instructions.( letter a-e, numbers 1-10).Group activity of 5
rest kids did colouring worksheets.
Visual Art (VA) :
VA:1. Teacher told a story of the Fish is Fish Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â by Lio Lionni.
2. Other students did colouring on the fish worksheet.
Fine Motor Skills: Firefly pattern book
Practice of tracing worksheet & colouring worksheet.
- Link up blocks
- Wooden blocks
- Construction blocks
- Kitchen set
- Other toys
- Sand Pit
- Parents who have opted for google hangout have to send big polybag on Monday i.e. Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â on 15th September for portfolio.
- Kindly practice recognition,sound and association of the small letters a,b,c,d, e and f with your ward.
- Kindly note we are focusing only on the small alphabets, so please do the same at home. Capital letters will be done later in the year.
- Practice recognition, association and forward counting of numbers [1-9] regularly with your child.
- Please send 2 lap size napkins regularly in the school bag and keep the lunch box and napkin in 1 small carry bag. (Kindly ignore if you are already sending it in this manner)
- Kindly sign in diary for note/circular. Also take out circular from the diary.Please mention about the things sent ( objects, library books) etc. in diary.(When you send to teacher)
- Try to do more of fine motor skills activities with your child at home, it will help them develop their writing skills.
- If your child is reflecting about his/her learning at home then please inform the respective HRT (home room teacher) through mail or communication diary. Please keep a track of your childÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã¢â€žÂ¢s progress/learning.