ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã‹Å“Highlights of the weekÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã¢â€žÂ¢ [15th to 19th September]
WOW:Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â Communicator Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â [We express our ideas confidently.]
Morning message:Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â There are seven days in a week. They are Sunday, MondayÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã‚Â¦.
Drills:Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â What is your fatherÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã¢â€žÂ¢s name? My fatherÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã¢â€žÂ¢s name isÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã‚Â¦
Revision of rhymes:
Oh! The cuckoo, oh! The cuckoo, up and down, open the shut them, be proactive.
Miss Molly had a dolly who was sick ,sick ,sickÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã‚Â¦
.THE RIVER IS FLOWING:
Revision of wiggles:
Head, shoulders, knees and toes.
Wiggle itÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã‚Â¦ ChildrenÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã¢â€žÂ¢s song by Patty Shukla Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tfoY49Nnnns]
Shake and move by Patty Shukla [Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5RUzkySseEÃƒâ€šÃ‚Â ]
I can do it by Patty Shukla [Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4HFZxPbHxO]
Jump jump star [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5G6CxMlvQeg]
Reach Up High ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã¢â‚¬Å“ Tofa Tafa with Lyrics ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã¢â‚¬Å“ Children Love to Sing Kids Action Dance Party SongsÃƒâ€šÃ‚Â (Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRpMZUylwfYÃƒâ€šÃ‚Â )
If you are a kid [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qr9ge4XGUYs]
Read Alouds: Lucy’s Birthday by Playbooks  The new Bike by school zoner  The merry mixed up circus by a cute cuts book Eyes are for seeing by my book about body parts Shadows by Carolyn B. Otto Barbie girls can do anything! by Golden books  If you see a tiger by Big flaps for little hands! And my family tree by Joan Sweeney  The three bears and Goldilocks by Byron Barton
ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã‚ÂWe can express feelings and communicate meaning through different storiesÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã‚Â
Revision of sequence ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã¢â‚¬Å“ The storyÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã¢â€žÂ¢s beginning, middle, end , message ,ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã…â€œTitleÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã‚Â Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã‹Å“placeÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã¢â€žÂ¢ and character, When Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â of the stories.
STORIES : ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã‹Å“Cinderella, The Rainbow fish, Snow white, mercury and the woodman ,The shepherd boy
UOI 2: Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â TDT-Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã…â€œWho WE AreÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã‚Â
Family and friends play a role in our lives
Tuning In was done through read aloud
1…Me and my family tree by Joan Sweeney
2.. Jenny’s Faraway Family By Delores Lowe Friedman or
Role play was done by the teachers on this topic in ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã…â€œpulseÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã‚Â.
Pre math concepts-Learners did the matching of the Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â pre math concepts Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â in the worksheet: i.e. up-down, tall- short, hard- short, etc.
Revision of small letters [ a,b,c,d,e,f]Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â along with the sound and its association with pictures
Learners were given clay/chalks and they were asked to make/write letters a-f with correct formation.
Seriation with manipulatives, flashcards and numbers.
Revision Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â of Patterns
Learners revised Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â 2 attribute of patternsÃƒâ€šÃ‚Â [ABAB]They made connections with real life patterns too.) Learners understood that they see patterns around them in real life.
Forward counting:Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â 1- 9 (through ladder activity & train activity)
Association of number: 1-9(through different learning engagement)
- numbers ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã‹Å“1-9ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã¢â€žÂ¢
Revision of pre math:
Guided Play 1:- Learners were divided into 2 groups and they had a quiz between 2 groups, where teacher asked question based on the words starting from letter a-f. learners had to give the correct word and could score points.
Fine Motor Skills: Firefly pattern book
Practice of tracing worksheet & colouring worksheet.
- Link up blocks
- Wooden blocks
- Construction blocks
- Kitchen set
- Other toys
- Sand Pit
Kindly send 1 postcard sized family photograph with all the family members present in the same who stays in the same house.Also send one passport sized photographs of all the family members who stays in the same house for UOI learning engagement. Please send by next week.
- Kindly practice recognition,sound and association of the small letters a,b,c,d, e and f with your ward.
- Kindly note we are focusing only on the small alphabets, so please do the same at home. Capital letters will be done later in the year.
- Practice recognition, association and forward counting of numbers [1-9] regularly with your child.
- Please send 2 lap size napkins regularly in the school bag and keep the lunch box and napkin in 1 small carry bag. (Kindly ignore if you are already sending it in this manner)
- Kindly sign in diary for note/circular. Also take out circular from the diary.Please mention about the things sent ( objects, library books) etc. in diary.(When you send to teacher)
- Try to do more of fine motor skills activities with your child at home, it will help them develop their writing skills.
- If your child is reflecting about his/her learning at home then please inform the respective HRT (home room teacher) through mail or communication diary. Please keep a track of your childÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã¢â€žÂ¢s progress/learning.