WOW:Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â Communicator Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â [We express our ideas confidently.]
Morning message:Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â There are seven days in a week. They are Sunday, MondayÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã‚Â¦.
Drills:Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â What is your fatherÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã¢â€žÂ¢s name? My fatherÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã¢â€žÂ¢s name isÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã‚Â¦
Revision of rhymes:
Oh! The cuckoo, oh! The cuckoo, up and down, open the shut them, be proactive.
Miss Molly had a dolly who was sick ,sick ,sickÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã‚Â¦
Revision of wiggles:
Head, shoulders, knees and toes.
Wiggle itÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã‚Â¦ ChildrenÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã¢â€žÂ¢s song by Patty Shukla Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tfoY49Nnnns]
Shake and move by Patty Shukla [Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5RUzkySseEÃƒâ€šÃ‚Â ]
I can do it by Patty Shukla [Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4HFZxPbHxO]
Jump jump star [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5G6CxMlvQeg]
If you are a kid [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qr9ge4XGUYs]
Read Alouds: The Three Bears by Byron Barton  Big Red Barn by Margaret Wise Brown  Mala’s Silver Anklets by Annie Besant  Little Blue And Little Yellow by Leo Lionni  Papa! by Philippe Corentin  Me And My Family Tree by Joan Sweeney  Jenny’s Faraway Family by Delores Lowe Friedman  I Loved You Before You Were Born by Anne Bowen
UOI 1: ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã…â€œHow we express ourselvesÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã‚Â
ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã‚ÂWe can express feelings and communicate meaning through different storiesÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã‚Â
Revision of sequence ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã¢â‚¬Å“ The storyÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã¢â€žÂ¢s beginning, middle, end , message ,title , place, character and Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â when Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â of the stories.
STORIES : ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã‹Å“Cinderella,The Rainbow fish, Snow White, Mercury and the woodman ,The shepherd boy.
UOI 2: Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã…â€œWho We AreÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã‚Â
Family and friends play a role in our lives
Tuning In was done through read aloud
1ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã‚Â¦Me and my family tree by Joan Sweeney
2.. JennyÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã¢â€žÂ¢s Faraway Family by Delores Lowe Friedman
3.. JamelaÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã¢â€žÂ¢s Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â dress by Niki Dale
Role play was done by the teachers on this topic.
Revision of small letters [ a,b,c,d,e,f]Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â along with the sound and its association with pictures
Learners were given clay/chalks and they were asked to make/write letters a-f with correct formation.
Quiz- learners were divided into 2 groups and were asked questions based on words starting from letters a-f. learners had to give correct word and score points.
Introduction of Seriation with manipulatives, flashcards .
Revision Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â of Patterns
Learners revised Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â 2 attribute of patternsÃƒâ€šÃ‚Â [ABAB]They made connections with real life patterns too.) Learners understood that they see patterns around them in real life.
Forward counting:Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â 1- 9 (through ladder activity & train activity)
Association of number: 1-9(through different learning engagement)
- numbers ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã‹Å“1-9ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã¢â€žÂ¢
Revision of pre math:
Guided Play 1:- Learners were divided into 2 groups and they had a quiz between 2 groups, where teacher asked question based on the words starting from letter a-f. learners had to give the correct word and could score points.
Fine Motor Skills: Firefly pattern book
Practice of tracing worksheet & colouring worksheet.
- Link up blocks
- Wooden blocks
- Construction blocks
- Kitchen set
- Other toys
- Sand Pit
- Kindly send one postcard size family photograph with all family members and one passport size photograph of each family members. You are requested to send all the photographs by 23rd September, 2014(Tuesday)
- Kindly practice recognition,sound and association of the small letters a,b,c,d, e and f with your ward.Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â Kindly note we are focusing only on the small alphabets, so please do the same at home. Capital letters will be done later in the year.
- Practice recognition, association and forward counting of numbers [1-9] regularly with your child.
- Please send 2 lap size napkins regularly in the school bag and keep the lunch box and napkin in 1 small carry bag. (Kindly ignore if you are already sending it in this manner)
- Kindly sign in diary for note/circular. Also take out circular from the diary.Please mention about the things sent ( objects, library books) etc. in diary.(When you send to teacher)
- Try to do more of fine motor skills activities with your child at home, it will help them develop their writing skills.
- If your child is reflecting about his/her learning at home then please inform the respective HRT (home room teacher) through mail or communication diary. Please keep a track of your childÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã¢â€žÂ¢s progress/learning.