Highlights of the week [ 22nd to 26th September].
WOW: Caring [We care for others.]
Morning message: There are 12 months in a year.They are January, February, MarchÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã‚Â¦ Revision: There are 7 days in a week. They are Monday, TuesdayÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã‚Â¦.
Drills: What is your favourite toy?
My favourite toy isÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã‚Â¦
Introduction of the Rhyme: Miss Molly had a dolly
Miss Molly had a dolly who was sick ,sick ,sick
So she called up the doctor to be quick, Quick, quick.
The doctor came with his hat and his bag,
And he knocked at the door with a rat-a-tat-tat.
He looked at the dolly and he shook his head,
And he told Miss Molly to put her straight to bed
He wrote on a paper for the pill , pill, pill,
IÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã¢â€žÂ¢ll be back in the morning for the bill, bill, bill.
Revision of rhymes:
Oh! The cuckoo, oh! The cuckoo,
up and down,
open the shut them,
the river is flowingÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã‚Â¦.
1. Just me and my mom
UOI 1: ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã…â€œHow we express ourselvesÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã‚Â
Central Idea: We can express feelings and communicate meaning through different storiesÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã‚Â
Character dress up day:Learners were dressed up in their colourful costumes and represented Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â different characters of the story and narrated the story . Through this they enhanced their communication and presentation skills.
STORIES : Cinderella, Lion and the mouse, Hare and the tortoise, Thirsty crow.Goldilocks and three bears etcÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã‚Â¦
UOI 2: Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã…â€œWho We AreÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã‚Â
Central Idea: Family and friends play a role in our lives
Family visit to different types of families :
- Nuclear family with grandparents
- Nuclear Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â family
Through this the learners gained knowledge about different types of families and roles and responsibilities of the family members.
Introduction of letter ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã‹Å“g ‘ through magic box. learners Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â reflected their learning by drawing ‘g’ objects on the paper.
Introduction of numbers : 10
Revision of Seriation [Big to small and small to big] through different manipulatives like flashcards, leaves,blocks etc .
Learners (boys) arranged the white circles and made snowmen and (girls) arranged different sizes of hearts from big to small of different colours.
Association of number: 1-10(through different learning engagement)
Fire in the mountain : In this play learners had to follow the instructions given by teacher for eg: Teacher sang Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â the song ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã…â€œFire on the mountain run run run,Fire on the mountain run run run …form the group of 5, form the group of 4 etc. Through this game learners revised the numbers and counting.
Practice of tracing worksheet & colouring worksheet.
- Link up blocks
- Wooden blocks
- Construction blocks
- Sand Pit
- Kindly send one postcard size family photograph with all family members and one passport size photograph of each family members. You are requested to send all the photographs ASAP.[Those who have already sent kindly ignore]
- Our library slots are changed so from now onward the library books will be issuedÃƒâ€šÃ‚Â on Day 1.
- Kindly practice recognition,sound and association of the small letters a,b,c,d, e ,f and g with your ward. Kindly note we are focusing only on the small alphabets, so please do the same at home. Capital letters will be done later in the year.
- Practice recognition, association and forward counting of numbers [1-10] regularly with your child.
- Please send 2 lap size napkins regularly in the school bag and keep the lunch box and napkin in 1 small carry bag. (Kindly ignore if you are already sending it in this manner)
- Kindly sign in diary for note/circular. Also take out circular from the diary.Please mention about the things sent ( objects, library books) etc. in diary.(When you send to teacher)
- Try to do more of fine motor skills activities with your child at home, it will help them develop their writing skills.
- If your child is reflecting about his/her learning at home then please inform the respective HRT (home room teacher) through mail or communication diary. Please keep a track of your childÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã¢â€žÂ¢s progress/learning.
Tasnim Y Batliwala