Proverb of the day:– “Beggars can’t be choosers”.
Settling Task:-Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â Students completed vocabulary quiz worksheet.
[Math]Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â Learners were introduced to different methods of multiplication. They learnt that multiplication is also repeated addition. They were introduced to Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â ‘Repeated additionÃƒâ€šÃ‚Â method’ andÃƒâ€šÃ‚Â ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã‹Å“ExpandedÃƒâ€šÃ‚Â form methodÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã¢â€žÂ¢Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â of multiplication. Learners solved few sumsÃƒâ€šÃ‚Â in their notebooks using both the methods.
Learning outcome –Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â To enable students to transfer meaning byÃƒâ€šÃ‚Â through various ways (Repeated addition, Expanded form)
[Language] AIE:Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â UOI:Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â ICT Integration:Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â Learners watched a tutorial of the online education tool (makebeliefcomix) to get an understanding of creating a comic story of their own. Further, they also practiced making their own comic strip on the websiteÃƒâ€šÃ‚Â www.makebeliefscomix.
[Homework] UOI(Integration with ICT & Lang):-Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â Watch these videos andÃƒâ€šÃ‚Â Create a comic story andÃƒâ€šÃ‚Â emailÃƒâ€šÃ‚Â it to Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â email@example.com
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MvpGf2WwHzUÃƒâ€šÃ‚Â – Instructional videoÃƒâ€šÃ‚Â
http://www.makebeliefscomix.com/Comix/Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â -Site for the comic strip.
Lang:-Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â (1)Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â Make a triangular triplet poem on “My School“.
(2) Answer the question from Empowering English on pg 42. (You have to write the questions also).
(3) Read the bookÃƒâ€šÃ‚Â ‘The Nor’easter’Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â from level Q onÃƒâ€šÃ‚Â raz-kids.com.
Math:-Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â (1) Solve the worksheet given. Do Q.10 and Q.11 in your notebook.
2) Solve the following sums through the Expanded Form method of multiplication in your notebook.
(a) 12 X 4
(b) 23 X 3
(c) 42 X 4
(d) 24 X 2
Note: Kindly check the classÃƒâ€šÃ‚Â Time-table.
Activity for Sik thinking Hats:-
I guess all parents must be knowing that in sports right now we are doing only athletics across the school and some where students are enjoying and somewhere not but they are learning and achieving the heights for sure… However we always seek for those activities which student enjoy performing and learn out of it.
In this post i am going to share the pics only of grade 7 & 8 who are also doing athletics activities. According to the feedback which they have given me they are enjoying and recently i have seen some improvements also in their performance. I’ll be sharing the same analysis on the blog once their unit gets over.
Till than enjoy the pics and comment if anybody wish for:
In last few pics kids are just enjoying the high jump mat and spring board.
This week we revised entire syllabus for first term exam. Students were given
various question through slides to solve them by proper method of
IGCSE .Syllabus for first term with all the required reference presentation were shared with students.They also gave mock test (COS) this week.Those test papers were returned to them with relevant corrections in it.
Best of luck & keep studying,
Manish Tiwari & Uttam Maheshwari
TDT : How we express ourselves
Central Idea : Authors and illustrators express themselves in a variety of ways.
Read aloud of the books ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã‚Â Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â ThomasÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã¢â€žÂ¢s snowsuit, No clean clothes, AndrewÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã¢â€žÂ¢s loose tooth, Class clown-ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã‚Â Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â written by Robert Munsch and Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â illustrated by Michael Martchenko.
The students read the books ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã¢â‚¬Å“ The very hungry caterpillar, The very busy spider Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â and From head to toe by Eric Carle and identified the writing style of the author. (The books are written andÃƒâ€šÃ‚Â illustrated by Eric Carle)
Learning intention: To help students understand the writing styles of Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â different authors.
1) Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â Students were introduced to calendar through the calendar poem from the Empowering English reference book. They learned about the leap year too.
Learning intention: To help students enhance their understanding about months of the year and days of the week.
2) Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â Small moments: Students revised the concept of personal narrative by writing the small moments in the form of graphic organizer , ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã…â€œ Mind mapÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã‚Â. Thereafter , they brainstormed the small moments and wrote it down in their notebooks.
Learning intention: Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â To help students enhance their writing skills.
1) Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â Students were introduced to addition through the book, ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã…â€œCounting cloudsÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã‚Â
2) Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â Students were asked to make a ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã‹Å“YÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã¢â€žÂ¢ chart in which they were asked to write about addition and itÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã¢â€žÂ¢s real life application.
Learning intention :Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â To check the prior knowledge of students.
3) Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â Students were introduced to addition facts ( 1-10)
Learning intention : To help students learn basic addition facts.
Bhumika Manglani (HRT)
Revision and Doubt Solving:
1. Some timeÃƒâ€šÃ‚Â was allottedÃƒâ€šÃ‚Â for doubt solving wherein students were encouraged to discuss doubts regarding the syllabus.
2. Revision for the first term examinations included quizzes and revision tests. A feedback on the revision test was also given to individual students.
3. Paper pattern and syllabus was once again orally discussed in the class.
All the best to all the students for your examinations! Study well, do well….
Urvashi and Sumaiya
Lang:Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â Students made a Free verse and Triangular triplet poem on the topics – ‘My School’ and ‘Cartoons’
Learning outcome: To enhance poetry skills.
Students read poem ‘Plane’ from Empowering English, which was followed by discussion.
Writing : Students wrote a imaginative paragraph on the given topic.
UOI: Students solved the problem of the given question using 6 thinking hats (group activity.)
Homework- Math worksheet and Make a triangular triplet poem and a free verse on any topic of your choice.
Lang: Complete the comprehension questions of ‘Plane’ – pg 42.