WOW: Caring [We care for others.]
Morning message: There are 12 months in a year.They are January,February,MarchÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã‚Â¦ Revision: There are seven days in a week. They are Sunday, MondayÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã‚Â¦.
Drills: What is your favourite toy? My favourite toy isÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã‚Â¦
Introduction of the Rhyme:
Every week has 7 days,
See how many you can say.
Sunday, Monday, Tuesday,
Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and,
Saturday. So,WhatÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã¢â€žÂ¢s today?
Revision of rhymes:O the cuckoo and Be Proactive, up and down, open them shut them, miss molly, the river.
Revision of wiggles:
My whole body can move
 My ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã‹Å“gÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã¢â€žÂ¢ Book byÃƒâ€šÃ‚Â Jane Belk Moncure
 My ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã‹Å“hÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã¢â€žÂ¢ Book by Jane Belk Moncure
 My ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã‹Å“iÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã¢â€žÂ¢ Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â Book byÃƒâ€šÃ‚Â Jane Belk Moncure
 My ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã‹Å“jÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã¢â€žÂ¢ Book byÃƒâ€šÃ‚Â Jane Belk Moncure
 The Foolish Tortoise by Eric Carle and Richard Buckley
 Barney And BJ’s Treehouse by Donna Cooner
 Just Go To Bed by Mercer Mayer
 Papa! by Philippe Corentin
 Just Me And My Grandpa by Mercer Mayer
UOI 1: ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã…â€œHow we express ourselvesÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã‚Â
Central Idea: We can express feelings and communicate meaning through different storiesÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã‚Â
Sequencing of the story: Learners were divided into four groups where they were given sequencing boards and flash cards of different stories which they had to arrange in the sequence of beginning, middle and end
STORIES : The Rainbow fish, The magic pot, Lion and the mouse, Cinderella, Monkey and the capseller
UOI 2: ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã…â€œWho We AreÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã‚Â
Central Idea: Family and friends play a role in our lives
Family tree : Learners prepared family tree by sticking pictures of their family members and did show and tell of their family tree where they described about each member of the family and briefed about the type of family they belong.
Human Graph: Learners were asked to identify their own family and make a graph by standing in respective groups of ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã‹Å“Nuclear familyÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã¢â€žÂ¢ ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã‹Å“Nuclear family with grand parentsÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã¢â€žÂ¢ and ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã‹Å“joint familyÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã¢â€žÂ¢. This was a mathematical representation of their learning about families.
Pictograph: Learners made a pictograph by sticking their family pictures according to their family type on the chart paper.
Introduction of letter ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã‹Å“g, h,i,jÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã¢â€žÂ¢ through different manipulative like flashcards, objects,videos etc.
Link of letter g: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0KXtxIiQ7gk
link of letter h: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NtUSMBzacQ0
Link of letter i ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã¢â‚¬Å“ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P56hZEhqFCw
Link of letter j- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TeYynmQ0v3Q
Introduction of numbers : 10 and 11 through different stories
Association of number: 1-11(through different learning engagement)
Less and more concept : Learners were introduced to the concept of more and less through different manipulatives. Teacher had taken two bowls and kept more objects in one bowl and less in other and learners were asked to identify which bowl had more and less objects
Backward counting : Backward counting was introduced through through ladder activity (11-0).
ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã‹Å“FIND YOUR WAY GAMEÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã‚Â:
Teacher had drew circles on the floor with a chalk and wrote jumbled small letters in the circle from ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã‹Å“a to hÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã¢â€žÂ¢ . Learners had to become honey bee and find their way to reach their hive. They were asked to hop on letters in the correct sequence.
Link up blocks
- Kindly send letter g,h,i,j letter objects for show and tell activity.
- Kindly practice recognition,sound and association of the small letters a-j with your ward.
- Kindly note we are focusing only on the small alphabets, so please do the same at home. Capital letters will be done later in the year.
- Practice recognition, association and forward counting of numbers [1-11] regularly with your child.
- Please send 2 lap size napkins regularly in the school bag and keep the lunch box and napkin in 1 small carry bag. (Kindly ignore if you are already sending it in this manner)
- Kindly sign in diary for note/circular. Also take out circular from the diary.Please mention about the things sent ( objects, library books) etc. in diary.(When you send to teacher)
- Try to do more of fine motor skills activities with your child at home, it will help them develop their writing skills.
- If your child is reflecting about his/her learning at home then please inform the respective HRT (home room teacher) through mail or communication diary. Please keep a track of your childÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã¢â€žÂ¢s progress/learning.