WOW : Listener
Morning message: I am a listener and I listen to the instructions carefully.
Drill:Which is your favourite vegetable?
Ans:My favourite vegetable isÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã‚Â¦ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã‚Â¦.
Introduction Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â of Rhyme:
Sunflower, sunflower, standing straight and tall,
Sunflower, sunflower, youÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã¢â€žÂ¢re the tallest flower of them all!
Sunflower, sunflower, when your seeds fall to the ground!
Sunflower, sunflower, by the squirrels theyÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã¢â€žÂ¢ll be found!
Revision of rhymes:
IÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã¢â€žÂ¢m a little seed.
Oh! I am knowledgeable.
Difference between letters and words.
Square dance ChildrenÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã¢â€žÂ¢s Song ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã¢â‚¬Å“ Do-Si-Do
- The Enormous Turnip
- The Carrot Seed
- Five silly fishermen by Roberta Edwards
- Tiger on a tree by Anushka Ravishankar
- My Apron by Eric Carle
- Five Little Penguins Slipping On The Ice by Steve Metzger
UOI 1: ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã…â€œHow we express ourselvesÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã‚Â
Central Idea: We can express feelings Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â and communicate meaning
through different storiesÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã‚Â.
Emotion game: Flash cards of emotions were kept in 4 corners .During the read aloud learners were asked to stand in the corner of the emotion which they felt in the story and had to give the reason for the same.
Share your feeling activity (everyday morning activity) : Learners were asked to express their emotions everyday in the morning by putting the popsicle sticks in the Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â particular emotion displayed in the class.
Formative assessment of emotions.
Learners had to listen to the story in the listening station and later describe different emotions in the story on the sheet given to them.
UOI 2: Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã…â€œSharing the planetÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã‚Â
Central Idea: Plants are essential for people and environment
Introduction of root vegetables: Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â root vegetables and their uses.
Halwa making of carrot Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â was shown to the learners.
Introduction of Letter ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã‹Å“uÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã¢â€žÂ¢ Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â through magic box.
Letter u song: Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â http://youtu.be/qmWTMNhtY9Q
Introduction of Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â Letter ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã‹Å“vÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã¢â€žÂ¢ through magic box.
Letter v song: Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â http://youtu.be/NkniyCUWeF4
Introduction of no. 18.
- Introduction of number 16-25 [orally]
- Introduction of Ascending order through read aloud [goldilocks and 3 bears] Through different manipulative for height,weight and size [Small to big]
- Revision of pre-math concepts Top-bottom, full-empty, narrow- wide, big-small and open -close.
- Revision of between numbers and middle numbers through different learning engagement.
- Revision of number till 18 with all number operations( forward\backward counting, association, greater\less than, more\less and before\after numbers) .
- Revision of AABB & ABAB rule pattern.
- Revision of Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â patterns [ABB] & [AAB] through different objects or activities eg: bag bottle bottle, boy girl girl, clap snap snap, on board- star moon moon, cloud sun sun.
- Math skill book- Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â writing of number ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã…â€œ11ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã‚Â
Math HomeworkÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã¢â‚¬Å“ page number- 67, 68,72 and 82.
VA: Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â learners did Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â spray painting on print of their own hand using brush to make an outline of their hand and stuck earbuds on it Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â to create a picture of an X-ray.
Guided Play 1:
Different flashcards and plastic objects were kept on the letter flex, learners associated the objects with the wooden letters related to the objects. They were asked to speak 2-3 sentences on the same.
Guided Play 2:
DO DATA HANDLING: Mixture of objects, flashcards, wooden letters were kept and learner were asked to sort all the things according to the letters. For e.g Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â learners Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â sorted all the things related to letter ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã‹Å“aÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã¢â€žÂ¢ at one place like Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â aeroplane toy, plastic apple, flashcard of astronaut & aeroplane, wooden capital A & small a!!!.
- Link up blocks
- Wooden blocks
- Construction blocks
- Kitchen set
- Other toys
- Sand Pit
- Please give writing practice of alphabets and numbers which are taught in the class.
- We will be sending the workbooks (language\math) on every week for homework. Kindly help your child to complete the given homework and send the workbook back on immediate next day without fail(if book is sendon Monday then send the book back on next day ie Tuesday and if the book is send on Friday then send the book on Monday).
- We will not be sending any reminders, please be regular in sending the book back to school, otherwise your child will miss out on class work.
- Kindly practice recognition, sound and association of the small letters [a-p] with your ward. Kindly note we are focusing only on the small alphabets, so please do the same at home. Capital letters will be done later in the yearÃƒâ€šÃ‚Â·Practice recognition, association and forward and backward counting and after before numbers [1-15] regularly with your child.
- Please send 2 lap size napkins regularly in the school bag and
- keep the lunch box and napkin in 1 small carry bag. (Kindly ignore if you are already sending it in this manner)
- Kindly sign in diary for note/circular. Also take out circular
- from the diary. Please mention about the things sent ( objects, library books) etc. in diary.(When you send to teacher)
- If your child is reflecting about his/her learning at home then
- please inform the respective HRT (home room teacher) through mail or communication diary. Please keep a track of your childÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã¢â€žÂ¢s progress/learning.
Homeroom Teacher,Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â Jr.KGÃƒâ€šÃ‚Â Orange