Morning talk/Structured drill –
- Where do you live ?
- What you did during summer vacations?
- How old are you?
- When were you born?
Word of the week:
- past and present.
Introduction of 2 new Rhymes
- Little raindrops tumbling down
Revision of -I twiddle my thumbs
1) Ã‚Â Ã‚Â Ã‚Â Ã‚Â Froggy goes to school by Jonathan London
2) Ã‚Â Ã‚Â Ã‚Â Ã‚Â Best Friends by Nina Sabnani
3) Ã‚Â Ã‚Â Ã‚Â Ã‚Â From head to toe by Eric Carle
4) Little cloud by Eric Carle
5) It was Jake
6) Family tree – UOI integration
UOI: Learning about previous generations helps people to understand the relation between past and present.
- Learners were taken for the gallery walk where they observed pictures of various things used in past as well as things used in present. After this their observations/ questions/prior knowledge was noted in KWL chart.
- After the read aloud of the book Ã¢â‚¬ËœThe family treeÃ¢â‚¬â„¢ learners got a better understanding about how things were in past and how things are in present. The word Ã¢â‚¬ËœgenerationÃ¢â‚¬â„¢ was introduced.
- Revision of 2 letter sight words:
a, is, me, on, I, it, us, by, as, or, in, if, up, am, at, do, of, go, no, so, to, we, he, my, be.
- Revision of Aa to Zz through literacy centres as follows :
- Clipping the letters to the respective objects
- Sight words through mittens
- Reading and writing of small letter alphabets Aa-zZ in the laminated sheet, slate and note book
- Introduction of Ã¢â‚¬ËœadÃ¢â‚¬â„¢ word family- Focusing the initial sounds of letters from a to z learners made Ã¢â‚¬ËœadÃ¢â‚¬â„¢ family words and sorted the same into real and unreal words. Real words have meaning and unreal words donÃ¢â‚¬â„¢t have meaning. Real words done in Ã¢â‚¬ËœadÃ¢â‚¬â„¢ family are -bad, mad,lad,sad,dad,pad
- Write Ã¢â‚¬ËœadÃ¢â‚¬â„¢ family words on Pg No.38 and 40 in My skill book –4 lines only
- Listen to the story, discussion about the story will be done on Monday
Aural video link:-https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OUIPXTaPoVM
- Introduction of ganit mala and double tens frame Ã‚Â was done.
- Revision of Math concepts like forward, backward, after, before, between/middle, ascending/descending order and greater than/less than/ equal to through literacy centres.
- Revision of 2 attribute patterns through read aloud (Beep beep vroom vroom by J Spikey)
- Learning Centres :
- Ã‚Â Ã‚Â Ã‚Â Ã‚Â Ã‚Â Ã‚Â Making ganit mala using flower beads.
- Ã‚Â Ã‚Â Ã‚Â Ã‚Â Ã‚Â Ã‚Â Association of number flashcards with jodo blocks.
- Ã‚Â Ã‚Â Ã‚Â Ã‚Â Ã‚Â Ã‚Â Matching of blocks on doubles frame sheet.
- Ã‚Â Ã‚Â Ã‚Â Ã‚Â Writing corner 1 to 20 in notebook.
- Introduction of 21 to 30 through ganit mala focusing on Tens and ones. Writing 21 to 30 in notebook.
Learners revised the sight words through fishing game.Learners were divided in group of 4. Each child was asked to catch a sight word using the fishing rod. The learners have to identify the sight words and read the sight words. Through this learning engagement learners revised/read sight words.
- Kindly revise the two letter sight words done in Jr KG with your child.
- Send I-cards without string for issuing library books.
- Kindly send homework notebooks on the very next working day otherwise child will miss his\her writing in school.
- Revise all the mathematical operations at home (after, before, missing, between, more, less, greater than, less than, ascending and descending).
- Fill the readers consent form by tomorrow, if not filled yet.Ã‚Â link-https://docs.google.com/a/fountainheadschools.org/forms/d/1mf3izCARcQK73ZPtpp_ISqY7m8dRJZ2h1P4UfBMs6Dw/viewform.
- Kindly send the artefacts by 8th July.
Sr KG Ã‚Â Team.