Please note that the below listed students will be going for the Subroto Cup State level competition on 09.08.16, which is going to be held at Atul High school, Atul, Valsad., the competition dates are 9,10 & 11 of August.2016.
All the students will leave for the competition on 09.08.16, sharp at 7:00 am from Vanita Vishram ( Opp Mahavir Cardiac Hospital ).
All the details will be update by the coach through SMS.
Student’s can carry their mobile phone’s, however but on their own risk.
||Subroto U-17 Girls
||Date of Birth
Things to be carried -Ã‚Â
- Football Kit. ( 1 white & 1 blue T-shirt )
- ID Card.
- Light Snacks.
- Extra pair of cloths.
Thanks & Regards
The following topics have been covered in G10 ICT classes:
7. The systems life cycle
- methods of researching an existing system
Ã¢â‚¬â€œÃ¢â‚¬â€œ identify and describe methods of researching an existing system (e.g. observation, interviews,Ã‚Â questionnaires and examination of existing documents)
Ã¢â‚¬â€œÃ¢â‚¬â€œ discuss the disadvantages and advantages of the different methodsÃ‚Â recording and analysing information about the current system
Ã¢â‚¬â€œÃ¢â‚¬â€œ describe the need to identify inputs, outputs and processing of the current system
Ã¢â‚¬â€œÃ¢â‚¬â€œ describe the need to identify problems with the current system
Ã¢â‚¬â€œÃ¢â‚¬â€œ describe the need to identify the user and information requirements for the new system
- system specification
Ã¢â‚¬â€œÃ¢â‚¬â€œ identify and justify suitable hardware for the new system
Ã¢â‚¬â€œÃ¢â‚¬â€œ identify and justify suitable software for the new system Ã‚Â Ã‚Â Ã‚Â Ã‚Â Ã‚Â Ã‚Â 7.2 design
- describe how it is necessary to design documents, files, forms/inputs, reports/outputs andÃ‚Â validation
- produce designs to solve a given problem
- design data capture forms and screen layouts
- design validation routines (including length check, type check, format check, presence check,Ã‚Â check digit)
- design the required data/file structures (e.g. field length, field name, data type)
18. Data manipulation
18.1 create a database structure
- design and use suitable software tools to create an appropriate database record structure
Ã¢â‚¬â€œÃ¢â‚¬â€œ define the terms flat-file database and relational database
Ã¢â‚¬â€œÃ¢â‚¬â€œ explain where it would be appropriate to select a flat-file
- database or a relational database
Ã¢â‚¬â€œÃ¢â‚¬â€œ assign appropriate data types to fields, including: text, numeric, (integer, decimal, percentage,Ã‚Â currency), date/time, Boolean/logical (Ã¢â‚¬â€œ1/0, yes/no, true/false)
Ã¢â‚¬â€œÃ¢â‚¬â€œ use short, meaningful file and field names
Ã¢â‚¬â€œÃ¢â‚¬â€œ format fields
Ã¢â‚¬â€œÃ¢â‚¬â€œ define and understand the terms primary key and foreign key and their role in a relationalÃ‚Â database
Ã¢â‚¬â€œÃ¢â‚¬â€œ create a relationship between two or three tables
Ã¢â‚¬â€œÃ¢â‚¬â€œ discuss the advantages and disadvantages of using relational tables rather than a flat fileÃ‚Â database
- design and use suitable software tools to create a data entry form appropriate to purpose andÃ‚Â audience.
Ã¢â‚¬â€œÃ¢â‚¬â€œ understand the key features of form design
Ã¢â‚¬â€œÃ¢â‚¬â€œ create a data entry form to meet the needs of the audience
Ã¢â‚¬â€œÃ¢â‚¬â€œ create a data entry form with all fields included to match the purpose of the task
Ã¢â‚¬â€œÃ¢â‚¬â€œ create an appropriate data entry form, including: appropriate font styles and sizes, spacingÃ‚Â between fields, character spacing of individual fields, use of white space, radio buttons
Thanks & Regards,
Ã¢â‚¬Å“You can’t stop the future
You can’t rewind the past
The only way to learn the secret
…is to press play.Ã¢â‚¬Â
These are the updates of the last week :
- Unit Test conducted on Mole Concept.
- Introduction to Electrolysis.
- Understanding important terms; electrolyte, electrodes , anion and cation, anode and cathode.
- When do compounds conduct electricity (aqueous/molten state).
Here’s what we did this week:
- students continued with Sequences for first few days.
- Students could understand the concept of Geometric sequences.
- Compound interest was also taught using the same concept.
- Students also took a unit test on Direct and Inverse variation.
- We have started with a new topic – Quadratic equation.
Thanks and Regards,
A discussion was done with learners to make them understand the purpose of doing the activities like tug of war, balancing the ball in half cut pipe and sprinting with the parachute. The conclusion of the discussion lead to the understanding that forces exist as balanced and unbalanced and there is motion when unbalanced forces act on objects. This was followed by explanation that force can also cause extension in the springs and the relation between two quantities is given by Hooke’s law.
Here’s what we did this week:
- Students were explained Rounding decimals to nearest whole number or ones, nearest tenth or one decimal place, nearest hundredth or two decimal places and nearest thousandth or three decimal places.
- Students did practice sums of the same from worksheets given.
- Students did real life situation sums on Rounding in class and they were able to understand when to round up/down as per the context.
- Answers were cross checked and doubts were catered in the class.
Thanks and Regards,
Grade 7 Math team
This week students were given their unit Ã‚Â test papers after correction. The paper was again discussed in class so that they could know their mistakes. Their queries related to the requirements of a good answer were addressed.
Students started with another poem in the literature workbook. They have read the poem – The Rime Of The Ancient Mariner by Samuel Coleridge. Different units in workbook based on poems and prose will give them practice for Unseen Component.
One session on learning to write a 25m answer in literature Ã‚Â was taken by Subhalaxmi ma’am. Students learnt how to decode, plan and structure a long answer. They were taught how to write an introduction, what points are to be covered in the main body of an answer and how to conclude it. Ã‚Â Students have been asked to complete their answer till Monday.
Following concepts were covered in depth in math:
As a part of tuning in activity we divided the class into workstations and 2 statements which clearly includes the problem were posed to the students.
As an answer to the question student’s established a function which was cubic in nature .
Thereafter the discussion led to the general nature of the graph, nature and type of roots for this specific function.
In addition to cubic functions following functions were also introduced:
Student’s were made to solve Exercises from Ric Pimental.
And the hits keep on coming…..!!
We are extremely proud to announce the U-14 Boys football team Gujarat state team selection for 2016.
Neev Jogani(G-8 Zing) Manas Arora(G-8 Zing), Tilak Patel(G-8 Vivacity) and Samyak Jain(G-8 Verve) have been selected for the state team along with Sanuj Sanghvi (G-8 Envisage) who is on standby for the team.
Please take a moment to congratulate them and their brilliant coach, Mr. Anwer Hans, on this wonderful achievement.
Good luck in the state competition later this year…!!