Sneak peek into the week gone by :-
This week we revised ‘The Gift of the Magi’ with the students. We used Kahoot quizzes to revise elements of the story and literary analysis of the story. Students appeared for their second Unit Test on 11th August.
Students practised second Checkpoint paper this week. They solved a Reading Comprehension passage and few grammar questions. We discussed the answers with the students and we also touched upon Relative clauses.
Students were taken to the library and were encouraged to read books.
Cambridge Checkpoint Workbook Unit 5, Ex.5, pg No. 35,36 Unit 5, Ex. 7, Pg. No. 37 Unit 8 Ex. 4 Pg. No. 54 Based on the description about Mauritius, write a description of the place that you visited in the last Summer Vacation in about 150 words. You may stick the photograph of the place, as well. Use the following points in your description : location of the place, distinct features about that place, any historical or cultural details, details about your visit etc. Use the variety of sentences in the description. Use different adjectives for describing places.HW to be submitted by Wednesday 17th August
This is to inform you that Unit no- 4 Percentages (in Math) has got over on 09th August, 2016.
Students have now started with a new topic, which is Profit and Loss Ã‚Â from 10th August, 2016 on wards. We have included this topic in Unit no- 4 Percentages itself because the concept of Profit and Loss is nowhere given in their Math Text-book.
Here is the brief update of what we did in Math in last week from 08th August to 12th August, 2016.
- As we had started with the concept of Reverse percentages in last to last week, we continued with the same by giving them an example explaining how direct percentages differ from reverse percentages. Based on this example, it gave the learners a clear idea of how to find the original quantity based on the percentage and the quantity given. Hence, they could solve exercise 1.11 from their Math text-book.
- They were also given extra practice of few questions of Simple Interest in one slot.
- Also, we started with a new concept in this week which was Profit and Loss wherein we started with the basic introduction of what Cost Price, Selling Price, Profit, Loss, Discount and Marked Price is all about.
- With the introduction, they were also shown the formulas for calculating Profit, Loss and Discount amount in terms of Percentages along with calculating the amount of Profit/Loss and Discount.
- In between, they were also handed over the papers of Unit Test no- 2 which was based on the concept of Travel Graph and Percentages.
- They were then asked to solve first 5 questions of Worksheet no- 1 of Profit and Loss (which has basic sums on Profit and Loss) in the class itself and the remaining questions of this worksheet are to be completed by them during this weekend.
- They were also taught the method of finding the cost price of an article when its selling price is given along with Profit%/Loss%. This was taught using the first question of Worksheet no- 2 of Profit and Loss and the remaining questions are expected to be completed by the learners in this weekend.
Dear ParentsÃ¢â‚¬â„¢ & Students,
Sit back this long weekend, let your imagination flowÃ¢â‚¬Â¦ refresh your ideasÃ¢â‚¬Â¦ dig up your talent.. hold on to a pen or laptopÃ¢â‚¬Â¦ fabricate your thoughts through wordsÃ¢â‚¬Â¦
and meet the author in youÃ¢â‚¬Â¦.
Refer to the link for more details about topics -Ã‚Â http://blog.fountainheadschools.org/2016/08/inviting-parents-and-students-articles-for-school-magazine/
The last date of article submission is 15th Sep, 2016. You need to send your entries at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This week we started with a new poem – Father Returning Home by Dilip Chitre. As a part of an initiative activity, students were asked to discuss two questions with their father –
The test started late and will now be finished by 12.30 pm. The busses will leave from school at 12.30 pm.
You are requested to reach to your respective stop 30 min late to the given timings.