- Word of the week-Ã¢â‚¬Å“KnowledgeableÃ¢â‚¬Â
- Morning message:Ã‚Â We observe and learn new things.
Q: Ã‚Â Ã‚Â Ã‚Â What is your surname?
Ans: My surname isÃ¢â‚¬Â¦Ã¢â‚¬Â¦…
- Teacher asked the students to give rhyming words( The ending set of sounds are same, eg Black-rack, Touch- punch, rack-track)
- Teacher formed a circle and said 2 words.Then, the students were asked to clap if they heard the rhyme and also asked not to clap if the 2 given words are not rhyming.eg, if teacher said Ã¢â‚¬Å“sadÃ¢â‚¬Â and Ã¢â‚¬Å“badÃ¢â‚¬Â, students clapped, if teacher said come and go, students did not clap.Other lists of words are: forck-cock, train-chain, wire-fire, cattle-battle, ball-hall, table, cable,tin-pin.
- Teacher asked students to sit in the circle and told them to change the first sound of their names to ‘t’ or ‘f’ or’s’.E.g. tasnim fasnim, suchi fuchi, payal fayal, manisha fanisha.
- Teacher played a game: Simon says-In this game, When teacher said, ” Simon says, Stand up and jump 2 times”, students got up and followed the actions given by teacher. Teacher had given all other instructions like: clap 3 times and hop, turn around and sit down, pull your ears, roll your hands etc.
- Teacher said some rhymes with changing some sequence of words, eg baa baa purple sheepÃ¢â‚¬Â¦, dumpty Humpty sat on a wall…., Jill and Jack went up the hill…. And asked students to say the correct sequence. This activity has enhanced their listening skills.
- Before numbers of 2,3,4
- Word of the week
- After number of 4
- Rhyming word of cat
- Tell the words of s,a,t,i sounds
- Tell the sounds of the letters s,a,t,i.
- jump/clap/tap 3 times
- Tell the rhyming word of fan
- Tell the number comes before 6.
Introduction of Rhyme:
Oh I am knowledgeable,
oh yes, oh yes, I am.
I like to learn a lot of things,
remembering all I can.
Oh I am knowledgeable,
oh yes,oh yes,
I like to learn about the world,
to help my action plans.
Revision of rhymes:
Willoughby wallaby wee, an elephant sat on me
Willoughby wallaby woo, an elephant sat on you.
Willoughby wallaby wabrielle, an elephant sat on Gabrielle.
Willoughby wallaby wevan, an elephant sat on Evan
And, Finishing with all the children’s name.
Later, Students were asked to Ã‚Â make rhyming with their names using any sounds they want.
A fishing we will go(2), we’ll catch a fish and put it in a dish and never let it go.
A hunting we will go(2), we’ll catch a fox and put it in a box and never let it go.
Humpty dumpty sat on the wall..
Incy wincy spider….
- Jodo blocks
- Wooden blocks
- Ganit mala
PlayHouse: The learners were taken to the playhouse wherein they took up different roles as father, mother, uncle, aunty, kids etc. and played with the resources provided to them. This activity helped them to develop their social skills.
Puppet theater: Learners were divided Ã‚Â into groups of 4. Each group was provided with one puppet.
And were asked Ã‚Â them to discuss about Ã‚Â questions:
[1.Is your puppet human? Or animal? Or something completely different?2)How old is your puppet?3)Is your puppet a boy or a girl?4)What does your puppet look like? 5) Is your puppet mean? Nice? Happy? Sad? What kind of personality do they have? 7) Does your puppet have a lot of friends? Or do they prefer to be alone?8)What is your puppetÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s favorite food?9)What does your puppet like to do for fun?]
Then, they described their puppet in front of the class.
This activity has helped learners to improve their communication skills.
Revision of letter Ã¢â‚¬Å“pÃ¢â‚¬Â through different learning centers:
WS 1:clay sticking and letter tracing on laminated sheet of letter i & t Ã‚Â
WS 2: letter i worksheet ( circling)
WS 3: sorting of the picture objects with its letters ( i & t)
WS 4: letter clipping ( associating letter with its objects)
WS 5: free writing on the slate.
- Introduction of tricky word Ã¢â‚¬Å“heÃ¢â‚¬Â.Teacher introduced to read a sight word through the sight. It was read as a whole word and it is used for a boy/man.Example: he is a boy, He is doing his worksheet.
- Reading sight word booklet of Ã¢â‚¬Å“heÃ¢â‚¬Â.Teacher sit in the circle and showed how to hold a book.Then, the teacher distributed the book to each child and read all the pages along with all the children.After reading a book, all the students were asked to colour the pictures of the book.
- Blending of the letters s..i…p, t…a…p.,p..i..tÃ¢â‚¬Â¦Teacher reinforced all the letter sounds, then used different strategies like open hand to close hands, use fingers for three letters and catch a word, use your hand with three parts and mix it and make a word sit.
- Letter p worksheets
- Reflection of letter p associated objects through slates, board, oral, paper as per teacherÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s choice.
- Drawing book:Page no 19 & 20
Homework: Drawing & colouring book P.N. 21 & 23
Revision of number 5.
The teacher talked about the 5 senses rhyme. After that the teacher asked students – what was that rhyme about? Then, the eacher asked them how many senses we have and asked to count them all with fingers for example showing them five fingers (symbol for number five).
Revision of identifying of pattern on board (whole class) thenafter using different manipulatives. For example, Rangometry, jodo blocks etc
Introduction of number 6.
Teacher showed the dice to all the students and asked them how many sides are there in dice? Then, she counted all the 6 sides of the dice and followed it with all the students.Thereafter, the teacher made introduced the quantity of number 6 through ganit mala, jodo blocks and by using a number board.After doing it, the teacher also introduced the formation of number 6 in the air and on board.
Number booklet – 6
Patterns: The teacher has drawn different patterns on the board from which Learners were asked to identify the given pattern.Learners were also asked to create their own pattern by using any 2 attributes.
Revision of number 6 through learning centers:
Center 1: Association of number 1 to 6 – hammering activity / clipping
Center 2: Identify the pattern – two or three options were there and they had to identify the correct one.
Center 3: Sticking clay on number flash cards
Center 4: Create your own pattern with beads (beading)
Center 5:Worksheet on number 5
Learners were asked to sit and to pop like a popcorn.The teacher has given the chances to the one who popped out.Then, the learners had to pick up one letter p flash card from the mixed letters i & p picture flashcards from the given basket.Post, the learners were asked to stick it on the picture of popcorn box which was pasted on the wall.
Madku game: Learners were asked to stand where the frog picture was stuck.Teacher gave a dice to the learners where the quantity of numbers were drawn through dominoes dots, which they had to throw and Ã‚Â jump like a frog on the written numbers. Also they were asked to do it many times till the learner reached to the beeÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s picture.This activity has enhanced their learning of identification and association of numbers 1,2,3,4,5.
Visual arts activities:
Learners were given paper plates, paints and punching machine where they were asked to paint the paper plate and punch it with punching machine.This activity has enhanced Ã‚Â their fine motor skills.
Firefly pattern book: P.N. 4 & 5
Transdisciplinary theme :- Who we are
Central Idea:- We use our senses to discover and understand our world.
- Field Trip to deaf and dumb school.
- Unfolding of central idea through a dice game: In this game, all the learners were asked to sit in the circle and the teacher has shown a dice where different pictures of eyes, nose, ear, hand, tongue were pasted on each side.Later, the teacher started a game by throwing a dice on one of the child and that child was asked to identify the picture and the sense.This activity was done with all the students.Moreover, the teacher asked which sense has been used by them while doing this activity and unfolded the central idea.
Formative assessment of identifying all the senses through picture flash cards.
Transdisciplinary theme :- How we express ourselves
Central Idea:- Stories are told in variety of ways for different purposes.
- Shadow play:The story Ã¢â‚¬Å“ room on the broomÃ¢â‚¬Â Ã‚Â (by Julia Donaldson and Axel Scheffler) was presented in the dark room
Before shadow play, teacher explained what is shadow and how it is formed with activities like:
- Teacher darkened the room and formed shadow by using torch and showed them that when we keep the torch before our hands, the reflection falls on the wall, it is called as shadow.
- On a sunny day, teachers took learners out of the class and made them stand under the sun and show them the shadow.
- Kindly send the worksheet in the folder itself.
- Please share your childÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s reflection at home about his/her learning through Daily Dairy.
Jr KG team.