Word of the week-Ã¢â‚¬Å“CaringÃ¢â‚¬Â
Morning message: We love others. We help others. We share our belongings.
Rhyming word was given by the teacher and the learners had to come up with more words.
To develop the Listening Skills the learners were given multiple instructions and then one of the instruction was missed. Learners had to listen carefully and guess which instruction was missed.
Revision of 5 senses as an entry ticket.
How many tentacles does an octopus have?
How many colors are there in the rainbow.
Revision of the sight words.
Which number comes after 5
Revision of Word of the week
Name any body part that starts with letter Ã¢â‚¬ËœnÃ¢â‚¬â„¢
Introduction of rhyme:
Miss Molly had a dolly who was sick, sick, sick. So she called for the doctor to come quick, quick, quick. The doctor came with his bag and his hat, And he knocked on the door with a rat-a-tat-tat. He looked at the dolly and he shook his head. And he said, Ã¢â‚¬Å“)Miss Molly, put her straight to bed.Ã¢â‚¬Â He wrote on the paper for a pill, pill, pill. Ã¢â‚¬Å“IÃ¢â‚¬â„¢ll be back in the morning with the bill, bill, bill.Ã¢â‚¬Â
- Jodo blocks
- Wooden blocks
- Ganit mala
PlayHouse: The learners were taken to the playhouse wherein they took up different roles as father, mother, uncle, aunty, kids etc. and played with the resources provided to them. This activity helped them to develop their social skills.
Learners were taken to the Puppet Theatre and the teacher narrated a story where in the teacher role modelled using puppets a Ã‚Â question and answer conversation. This activity helped learners to improve their oral fluency.
1)The teacher introduced letter Ã¢â‚¬Å“nÃ¢â‚¬Â through a story.
Following Words were introduced:
Nose,nose ring, nest, nuts, napkin, nice, near, next, nail, night, nice,no, neighbour, never,nightingale, nails, nature, neck, need, notes, net, notebook, nine,neat, name, nachos, naughty, narrow, newzland, necklace, news, newspaper, nurse, numbers, ten, hen, can, pan, pen
2) Formation of letter Ã¢â‚¬Å“nÃ¢â‚¬Â was done in the air.
3)Teacher also introduced words which had letter Ã¢â‚¬Å“nÃ¢â‚¬Â sound as an ending sound.
4)Teacher asked new words from letter Ã¢â‚¬Å“nÃ¢â‚¬Â
5)www.starfall.com was shown for letter n
6) Letter n jolly phonic rhyme was done
Hear the aeroplane, /nnn/-
Hear the aeroplane, /nnnn/!
Hear the aeroplane, /nnn/…. .
….making lots of noise.
7) Introduction of peer work through hand up/down strategy was done.
8)Letter Ã¢â‚¬ËœnÃ¢â‚¬â„¢ worksheet was done
Teacher gave information about news that means it gives us information about common topic like events across cities/countries, sports, movies etc through mouth, advertisements, posters etc..News are important because it help us be connected with each other.We get to know about news through newspapers.
Ã‚Â Ã‚Â Ã‚Â Ã‚Â Ã‚Â Ã‚Â 1)Clay sticking and letter tracing on laminated sheet of letter n and p was done
2) Letter n worksheet
3)Sorting of the picture objects with its letters ( n & p)
4) Letter clipping ( associating letters with its objects)
5)Letter sorting ( p,n)
6)Free writing on the slate
- Introduction of tricky word Ã¢â‚¬Å“SheÃ¢â‚¬Â.Teacher introduced to read a sight word through the sight. It was done by reading on the board and sight word booklet.
- Blending of the letters Ã‚Â p..i…n…,p..a..n.., t…a..n.., t..i…n.., s…i…n…., s….a……p……,n…..a…p….,t…..a…p…, p…..a…..t.., p…..i…..t….., t..i…p.. Teacher reinforced all the letter sounds, then used different strategies like open hand to close hands, use fingers for three letters and catch a word, use your hand with three parts and mix it and make a word sit.
- Reflection of letter n associated objects through slates, board, oral, paper as per teacherÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s choice.
- Drawing book:Page no 24 and 25 were done
1)Introduction of number 7 through the story” The hungry caterpillar by Eric carl was done.
2)Introduction of forward counting through the story ” Mouse count” was done.
The number 8 was introduced through an Octopus where the teacher gave information about the octopus and told them that an octopus has 8 tentacles.
Center 1: Association of number 3 to 8 through hammering activity
Center 2: Forward counting through puzzle.
Center 3: Sticking clay on number flash cards
Center 4: Forward counting through bus
Center 5:Worksheet on number 7 and 8, number booklet 7 and 8.
Visual arts activities:
Language: Learners were guided to make necklace .
Math: The learners made an octopus by sticking the tentacles of the octopus to its head.
Guided Play :
Language: Parking lot activity for revision of sight words.
Math: Hop ball activity for forward counting.
Transdisciplinary theme :- Who we are
Central Idea:- We use our senses to discover and understand our world.
Summative assessment was done.
Transdisciplinary theme :- How we express ourselves
Central Idea:- Stories are told in variety of ways for different purposes.
- Three fish friend story was presented through drama
Through drama the learners will get an understanding that stories is another medium through which stories can be told.
Worksheet – Cut and colour booklet of letter n
- Kindly send the worksheet in the folder itself.
- Please share your childÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s reflection at home about his/her learning through Daily Dairy.
- Please send the Reading log for the month of August.