The syllabus for the term one exam of COS is given in the table below.
|C1: The particulate nature of matter.||B1: Characteristics of living things||P1: Motion|
|C3: Atoms, Elements and Compounds.
– 3.1: Physical and chemical changes.
– 3.2: Elements, compounds and mixtures.
– 3.3: Atomic structure and the Periodic Table.
– 3.4: Ions and ionic bonds.
-2.2:Movement in and out of the cells
|P2: Matter and forces
2.1 Mass and weight
2.3 Effects of forces
|C9: The Periodic Table.
– Describe the way the Periodic Table classifies elements in order of atomic (proton) number.
– Use the Periodic Table to predict properties of elements by means of groups and periods.
– 9.1: Periodic trends.
|Total Marks||Paper 2 (MCQÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s)||Paper 4 (Subjective)||Paper 6 (alternative to practical)|
For more details, Refer to the CoS 2017-’18 syllabus.
Component details :
Paper-2 : A multiple-choice paper consisting of 40 questions of the four-choice type. Questions will be based on the Extended syllabus content.
Paper-4 : A written paper consisting of short-answer and structured questions. Questions will be based on the Extended syllabus content.
Paper-6 : Questions will be based on the experimental skills.
You all are required to carry an electronic calculator and your own resources.