This week students learnt the different concepts in unit Probability :
(i) Bayes’ Theorem
(ii) Tree diagram with Bayes’ theorem and Conditional Probability
(iii) Random variables
(iv) Discrete random variables
(v) Probability distribution function
(vi) Mean and Variance of probability distribution function
Students also wrote a test on Statistics and Probability. Marks are already shared with students and parents.
This week we completed the unit Descriptive Statistics. Students were given exam style questions for practice. We also started with a new topic ‘Binomial Expansion’. Students were introduced to the topic using Pascal’s triangle. Student also learnt different properties of Pascal’s triangle and to expand given Binomial expressions using Pascal’s triangle.
Students also gave a unit test on Quadratics.
Here are the highlights of the week :
This week, the unit on Report Writing was continued and the students completed their report on – An Unexplained Disappearance. The classes have been twinned with a new Unit on Writer’s Effects. The unit has been introduced and the tuning in activity was conducted to orient the students on how writers achieve effects by using a set of words. This will be discussed further in the coming week.
Everyday Edit Exercises were completed by the students. The reading comprehension passage on The House in the Mist was read by the students and the questions were attempted by them.
Students from some sections were taken to the library and they read books as part of book club.
Dear Parents and students,
Here are the weekÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s highlights:
- We started the week with evaluation of the given expressions using fourth identity. Based on that exercise 2.9 is been completed.
- After that factorization of quadratic expression through splitting the middle term is explained by worked examples and questions from exercise 2.10 were solved.
- Meanwhile UT 4 paper was discussed in the class and marks were given to students. It was based onÃ‚Â profit and loss, Marked price and discount and Algebra- expansion of brackets, Factorizing by grouping, changing the subject of the equations and substitution.
- Lastly we rearranged the complex formulae through worked examples and started exercise 2.11 and 2.12 based on this.
Students, gear up for the next Math Unit Test on 28thÃ‚Â Sep. All the best!!!
Have a great weekend,
This week students have learnt about the different phases of moon.
They have also learnt about eclipses
Solar Eclipse and Lunar Eclipse
The weekend homework has been posted on the blog.
You ahave to read article on page no. 56 from Bhasha Tarang and complete its exercise given on page no.56 & 57 and submit it on day 5 in Hindi class.
This week students learnt about the reactions of alcohol, halogenoalkane and benzene. The learning involved lecture method, classroom discussion, videos and power point presentations. The chapter concluded with solving end-of chapter questions.
Here’s what we did this week:
- Students were given few examples of making perfect cube, to make them understand the concept of cube using Jodo blocks.
- We started with new topic Ã¢â‚¬ËœCubes and Cube rootsÃ¢â‚¬â„¢. The concept was explained thoroughly. Detail discussion was done while explaining the concept of Cubes and Cube roots. Students understood the concept very well. Students were shown the sums of Cubes and Cube roots with full steps. Later, students did few practice sums for the same. Doubts were catered and made clear to them.
- Doubts of squares, cubes and its roots were catered and made clear to students.
- Formative assessment (Unit test) of Squares, cubes and its roots was conducted using Kahoot.
- First term examination details and syllabus were discussed in the class and made clear to students.
- We started with a new unit Ã¢â‚¬ËœMeasurementÃ¢â‚¬â„¢
- In measurement, we covered units of time and its conversion, 12 hour clock and 24 hour clock & its conversion, Telling the time and time interval(Time gap).
- Practice sums worksheet of measurement unit has been given to students. Weekend homework from the same has been posted on blog.
Thanks and Regards,
Grade 7 Math team
This week, in HL, we had a slot on discussion how to make points for the answer. This was discussed based on the texts given to students for the topic role of editing. We then had an activity where various sections of an article were jumbled and the students had to restructure it. This was followed by a discussion the next day so that students could understand well the logical progression of ideas in a text.
For SL, students prepared for their FOA and had to ensure submissions for the first draft of their written task.
Vagisha Shrivastava and Smruti