Grade8 – G8 Zing
Homework submitted by: firstname.lastname@example.org
Submission Date: Wed Oct 05 2016 00:00:00 GMT+0530 (IST)
Internet Required: Yes
Details: Copy 9 laws of exponents in your Math note-book.
Also, complete exercise 2.12 in your note-book. (All the sums are to be done in your Note-book).
Expected Time: 15
A quick reminder about the Language team event tomorrow.
‘Cross and Noughts’ (better known as Cross and Zero or Tic-tac-toe), an event led
by the language team will be held tomorrow.
Students willÃ‚Â formÃ‚Â a team of 5, each representing their house.Ã‚Â All the four teams will compete against each other in order to win thisÃ‚Â event.
Grade 7 – HippoDrome (Total 5 students from each house across all sections to participate)
Grade 8 – PulseÃ‚Â (Total 5 students from each house across all sections to participate)
Grades 9 and 10 – AssemblyÃ‚Â (Total 5 students from each house across both grades and all sections to participate)
Grade 7 event will be led by Nupur Bansal, Grade 8 event by Smriti Dhariwal and Grade 9 & 10 will be led by Dhwani Bapna.
Please note that the competition date of Khel Mahakumbh 2016-17Ã‚Â for Chess U-11 has been changed to 7.10.16 and all the other detail remains the same.
Thanks & Regards.
( PE – PO )
The first round (audition) of the literary event ‘Poem Recitation’ is on 6th October. Kindly prepare your child for the same. You can choose a poetry from the links below.
1. Watch the Videos:
2. Define: Adaptation, Camouflage, Hibernation, food chain, food web, mutualism, commensalism, parasitism in your own words in your workbook. (By Thursday)
3. Use this blendspaceÃ‚Â link as a reference for reading material related to this unit. Ã‚Â https://www.tes.com/lessons/rBbymQA3yeaRig/editÃ‚Â Ã‚Â Ã‚Â You may also use the workbook given yesterday for reading material. DO NOT DO ANY OF THE ACTIVITIES GIVEN IN THE WORKBOOK.
4.Ã‚Â Complete step 4 and 5 of your case study on wetland. Share your research through the sheet shared with you.
MATH -Ã‚Â (By Thursday)
Plot the graph in your graph-book for the following:
Due to increasing clothes brands of kids like Liliput, Chalk, Pink and blue, etc. Gini and Jony is facing huge loss. So now the owner of Gini & Jony Mr. krish decides to conduct the survey to know the emerging demand of kids.
Out of 100 kids, 45 kids voted for t-shirt and shorts, 35 voted for jeans and t-shirts, 15 voted for shirts and pants and 5 opted for Indian wear.
Draw a frequency table on the survey conducted. Construct a bar graph and derive a conclusion.
Keep reading!!Ã‚Â Ã‚Â Ã‚Â Ã‚Â Ã‚Â Ã‚Â Ã‚Â Ã‚Â Ã‚Â Ã‚Â Ã‚Â Ã‚Â Ã‚Â Ã‚Â Ã‚Â Ã‚Â Ã‚Â Ã‚Â Ã‚Â Ã‚Â Ã‚Â
Dear Parents & Students,
We have completed the Term-1 syllabus in India Studies. From tomorrow onward, we will begin with the revision.
Students are requested to refer to articles shared on Google Classroom for better understanding of certain topics.
Also, they are requested to refer to all the Units and Case Studies and come up with the concerns and get it resolved before exams.
Language: Students were read Chapter 3 Ã¢â‚¬â€œ Ã¢â‚¬ËœEscapeÃ¢â‚¬â„¢ from the reader. They used the Ã¢â‚¬ËœQuestioning StrategyÃ¢â‚¬â„¢ to comprehend the same.
Math: Homework was discussed in the class.
Language: Students have to learn the dictation words and frame sentences using any 5 words.
[Highlight Of The Day]
U.O.I : Students made connections with the essential elements and lines of inquiry of the current unit.
Language:Ã‚Â Students have to frame brilliant sentence using the following Ã‚Â words :
Challenge: Make a poem using a simile, an onomatopoeia(sound word) and an alliteration (Atleast 6 lines).
Recite and practice poem for the Summative Assessment and Literary event.
[Highlight Of The Day]
[Unit Of Inquiry]
[Unit Of Inquiry]
- Stick the materials discussed in the class for all three laws of motion and describe them. (in UOI notebook)
- Read this article and take notes in your UOI notebook-Ã‚Â – https://docs.google.com/document/d/1wb-7OiCH-VK4J59_C8uff1573oVzyZI6ToCWT39a57A/edit
- Design and conduct a simple experiment to test your new learning about all three laws of motion. You can either record it or explain it with a drawing and procedure. Keep it simple and clear. Use objects that you already have or are easily available. Write scientific method. ( I have shared an example of scientific method on your e-mail, go through it and follow appropriateÃ‚Â method)
- Watch this video and attempt the quiz to deepen the understanding of 2nd LOM http://studyjams.scholastic.com/studyjams/jams/science/forces-and-motion/acceleration.htm
- Watch this video to enhnace your understanding about laws of motion http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yf0BN0kq7OU
- You will have UOI FA tomorrow.