UOI: Today the students attempted an Formative Assessment and we discussed about safe touch.
Language: Research on the debate topic and come prepared for the debate summative task.
Maths: The students need to go back to their research done for the last day party and present their research in the format shared with them on their students id and write the research paper in google doc and share with me.
Thanks and regards
Day 3 Thursday
Math: Learners practiced Multiplication word problems.
Math: Ã‚Â Solve the following the word problem: (Do not copy the questions)
1. A cafeteria at a summer camp has 19 tables. Each table has 13 seats. How many people can sit in the cafeteria at the same time?
2. There are 52 marbles in one box. How many marbles are there in 36 boxes?
Language: Ã‚Â Read and comprehend the poem “Daddy fell into the pondÃ‚Â ” on page number 72 and then answer the questions on page no. 73. Please make sure the answers are written in full sentences. Do not copy the questions.
Day 3, Thursday.
Discussion on Natural Resources and it’s availability done with the learners.
Multiplication word problems were solved by the learners.
Discussions of the poems ‘Daddy fell into the pond’ and ‘The Railway Carriage’ was done in the class. Also, question – answers of both the poems were discussed.
a) There are 32 boxes of erasers in the supply closet. Each box contains 9 erasers. How many erasers are there in all?
c) Pooja bought 47 packages of cookies for her party. Each package had 8 cookies. How many cookies did Pooja buy in all?Ã‚Â
d) There are 9 piles of T-shirts in Maheshwari store. There are 27 T-shirts in each pile. How many T-shirts are there in all?
- Identify any object at your home and write in your notebook which natural resource it is made from?.
- Ã‚Â Which is the most common natural resource used in the classroom? Ã‚Â Why?
Have a nice day! 🙂
Chapter-4 ‘From Wheels to Rocket’ (pg.30.) from the book – Empowering English was read to the students followed by the discussion of Questions and answers about vehicles used today and in earlier times.
- The read aloud of 2 books related to the new unit were done followed by an activity.
- The students had a Gallery walk and their prior knowledge was assessed.
Math : Complete the following problems of repeated addition in math notebook.
1) Pencils come in packs of 4. If Julie has 6 packs of markers, how many markers does she have in all?
a. Draw groups to show JulieÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s packs of markers.
b. Write a repeated addition equation to match your drawing.
c.How many pencils does Julie have in all?
2) Bela puts 3 rows of tiles in her kitchen to make a design. She lays 5 tiles in each row.
a. Draw a picture of Bela’s tiles.
b. Write a repeated addition equation to match your drawing.
c. How many tiles Bela have in all?
Language : Complete the whole “Magic Finger” booklet if it is not done and submit it tillÃ‚Â Monday.
Today’s highlights are as follows:-
The students have started practicing for the “Celebration of Learning” (Annual Performance).
The students learned how to compare and then arrange the fractions (with like denominators) in ascending and descending order.
LWE- Week 16, Day 4 and 5
Note: The students have to work on the task allocated to them for the “Celebration of Learning”.
- Students have answered questions on pg. 6 and 8 of the Magic Finger workbook.
- L.D: Week 13, Days 4 & 5 were discussed in class.
- Students have presented their research work related to the previous unit.
- The read aloud of 2 books related to the new unit were done followed by a group activity.
Language: To be done inÃ‚Â Magic Finger workbook
- Students have to create a picture on pg 8Ã‚Â (by following the prepositions given for the same).
- Students have to find the meanings of the words given and write one sentence each using those words (on pg.10 and 11)
Day 3, Thursday
Math:Ã‚Â Learners practiced multiplication word problems.
Language:Ã‚Â Discussion of the poem “The Railway Carriage”Ã‚Â was done.
UOI:Ã‚Â Find out different natural resources from your surroundings and write in the UOI notebook. Ã‚Â (Don’t search on the internet.)
Q 1) Solve the following multiplication word problem:Ã‚Â
a) Ã‚Â A cafeteria has 19 tables. Each table has 13 seats. How many people can sit in the cafeteria at the same time?
b) There are 52 marbles in one box. How many marbles are there in 36 boxes?
Q 2) Solve the following multiplication sums:
a) 54 x 87 Ã‚Â Ã‚Â Ã‚Â Ã‚Â Ã‚Â Ã‚Â Ã‚Â b) 14 x 39
UOI: A Formative assessment related to the ongoing unit was taken in the class.
Later, students were told about ‘Safe touch’ and also what they should do if they find themselves in a situation where someone is behaving with them in a way that they are uncomfortable or touching them inappropriately.
Language: The Debate was conducted in the class and the teacher assessed the students individually during the same.
UOI:Ã‚Â ‘Adolescence is a border between childhood and adulthood and Ã‚Â it’s teeming(filled with) with energy and fraught(filled with something Ã¢â‚¬â€ often something bad.)with dangers. What does this quote mean? Do you agree with the quote, why? Answer in detail in your UOI notebook.
Also, read the article Ã‚Â Ã¢â‚¬Å“Learn to say noÃ¢â‚¬Â and write your understanding in the UOI notebook, in 7-8 points.
Math: The responses of the Last day party form have been shared with you. Use it to prepare for your presentation.
Note: If you do not have the UOI or the Math book for doing the homework, please do it on a sheet of paper.
A) Ã‚Â Solve the below given sums in the math notebook.
1. Ã‚Â 12.3/2
2. Ã‚Â 16.6/4
3. Ã‚Â 25.6/5
4. Ã‚Â 40.3/2
5. Ã‚Â 22.2/4
6. Ã‚Â 18.9/7
B) Ã‚Â SolveÃ‚Â the sums mentioned in the link given below in the Maths NB.
Grade 5 Decimals Worksheet – Long division with decimals
A) Ã‚Â Chapter – The Power of Prayer
Answer Q. 1, 4 and 5 in the EE notebook. (EE book Pg – 90)
B) Ã‚Â Chapter – The Amazing Grace
Answer Q. 1 and 5 in the EE notebook. (EE book Pg – 92)
[Unit Of Inquiry]
A) Ã‚Â Reflect upon the video -‘Making of Lagaan’ seen today in class by completing the reflection sheet given to you.
- Read aloud: Me on the map by Joan Sweeney
- The students tuned into the new unit through ‘Think 1 and Think 2 ‘
- The students pasted all the images to the panels of accordion book sequentially from the smallest scale -me, to the largest scale- the Universe.
- EE: Exercises of chapter 4-From wheels to Rockets has been done.
- LD: Week 14 Day 1 was done.
- Read aloud was done.
Ã‚Â Ã‚Â Ã‚Â Ã‚Â Ã‚Â Ã‚Â Ã‚Â Ã‚Â Ã‚Â Ã‚Â Ã‚Â Ã‚Â Ã‚Â Ã‚Â Ã‚Â Ã‚Â Ã‚Â Ã‚Â Ã‚Â Ã‚Â Ã‚Â Ã‚Â Ã‚Â Ã‚Â Ã‚Â Ã‚Â Ã‚Â Ã‚Â Ã‚Â Ã‚Â Ã‚Â Homework
EE: Punctuate the sentences in the Language book.
Note: Read a book to your child.