Dear Students & Parents,
This week in India Studies classes, revision of Unit: Social & Cultural Development of India and Sustaining Indian Democracy was done along with the case study on Kashmir issue. Students have been given Case Study question paper for practice, which they are supposed to submit on Day-2 ( 14th February) in order to get feedback on the same.
In next cycle also, revision of other Units and Case Study shall be done. Students are requested to revise the Units as per the schedule of Revision (shared earlier with them) in order to have better understanding during class discussion.
Here are the highlights of the week :
Students worked on their Assignment on Descriptive-Narrative Writing. They are expected to submit the final draft by 16th February, 2017.
Students attempted a few exercises based on Vocabulary as part of their LSRV activities through a set of worksheets.
Book Club :
As part of the book club, students were taken to the library wherein they read books and the read aloud session was also conducted for them by Tahera Ma’am.
Students are expected to complete questions 26 & 27 from Unit 3 by next Tuesday.
Students are expected to bring their Coursebook on Monday – 13th February, 2017.
Grade9 – G9 Fortuity
Homework assigned by: firstname.lastname@example.org
Submission Date: Mon Feb 13 2017 00:00:00 GMT+0530 (IST)
Internet Required: No
Complete till Ex. 6.11
Please note that enough slots have been given to you to complete exercises.
Expected Time: 40
This week we completed the poem – For My Grandmother Knitting by Liz Lochhead. Students learnt two new figures of speech – Refrain and Caesura. One class was conducted by a student where she explained her peers the impact of stylistic devices used by the poet.
Now we will be starting with a new poem in the next class.
Here’s what we did this week:
- Trigonometry unit was completed.
- Activity based on trigonometric ratios was taken up to clear their concepts practically.
- New unit named Mensuration was started in class.
- Students completed some exercises based on Mensuration.
- Weekend homework has been given to the students.
Thanks and Regards,
This week, students identified the theme of the novel Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury and focused on different stylistic devices of the text. Students also prepared charts in groups on the literary devices and character analysis in the novel Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury.
Grade 8 Literature Team.
This week was marked by the final in school assessment for the students, the individual oral. We have now begun practice for the final P1 and P2.
This week we had a session on Visual Stimulus, a class on writing and a quiz.
Below is the highlight of the week,
- Functions unit was completed.
- Exercises of the textbook were solved for clear understanding of the topic.
- New unit named Logarithmic & Exponential Function was started.
Here’s what we did:
- Students did exercise sums on Equations. Doubts were catered and made clear to them.
- Formative Assessment in form of Pen and Paper was conducted for the unit – Ã¢â‚¬ËœJourney into the unknownÃ¢â‚¬â„¢ in the Unit Test Slot on Day 5 (09/02/2017).
- Weekend H.W. has been given.
Note – For your reference parents and students resource folder has been updated.
Thanks and Regards,
Grade 7 Math team