This week we have competed the syllabus Ã‚Â the term and we also had a mock VS session. The students are now aware of where they stand so that they could work accordingly for the internal assessment of G11.
Also, I took feedback from students on how the year was and their suggestions on how they would like to revise.
You’ll have all 3 papers for the Mock examination:
- Paper 1 (common for HL + SL), 46 marks (8 + 8 + 8 + 22), Duration 2 hours.
- Paper 2 Optional Subjects (Choice between Psychology of HR, Developmental and Abnormal Psychology), 44 marks for HL (2 Essay type questions, one from each option) Duration 2 hours. Ã‚Â 22 marks for SL (1 Essay type question) Duration 1 hour.
- Paper 3 Stimulus based case study.Ã‚Â Only for HL.Ã‚Â 30 marks. Duration 1 hour.
- BLOA Unit 2.1, 2.2
- CLOA Unit 3.1, 3.2
- SCLOA Unit 4.1, 4.2
- Abnormal Psychology Unit 5.1 to 5.3
- Psychology of Human RelationshipsÃ‚Â Unit 8.1 to 8.3
- Developmental Psychology Unit 6.1 and 6.2 (6.3 is completed but won’t be tested on for the mocks)
- Unit 1 and 10 (Revision for Paper 3) – HL only.
Email me/Meet me in case of any doubts/concerns.
Dear students, as you are aware, you’ll have the entire syllabus of Literature for your mock examinations:
Poetry (Songs of Ourselves)
- Fleur Adcock, Ã¢â‚¬ËœFor Heidi With Blue HairÃ¢â‚¬â„¢
- James K Baxter, Ã¢â‚¬ËœElegy For My FatherÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s FatherÃ¢â‚¬â„¢
- Elizabeth Bishop, Ã¢â‚¬ËœOne ArtÃ¢â‚¬â„¢
- Boey Kim Cheng, Ã¢â‚¬ËœReservistÃ¢â‚¬â„¢
- Emily BrontÃƒÂ«, Ã¢â‚¬ËœCold In – The EarthÃ¢â‚¬â„¢
- Robert Browning, Ã¢â‚¬ËœMeeting At NightÃ¢â‚¬â„¢
- Emily Dickinson, Ã¢â‚¬ËœBecause I Could Not Stop For DeathÃ¢â‚¬â„¢
- Grace Nichols, Ã¢â‚¬ËœPraise Song For My MotherÃ¢â‚¬â„¢
- Wilfred Owen, Ã¢â‚¬ËœAnthem For Doomed YouthÃ¢â‚¬â„¢
- Siegfried Sassoon, Ã¢â‚¬ËœAttackÃ¢â‚¬â„¢
- Stephen Spender, Ã¢â‚¬ËœMy ParentsÃ¢â‚¬â„¢
- Alfred, Lord Tennyson, Ã¢â‚¬ËœSong: Tears, Idle TearsÃ¢â‚¬â„¢
- Hone Tuwhare, Ã¢â‚¬ËœFriendÃ¢â‚¬â„¢
- Philip Larkin, Ã¢â‚¬ËœThe TreesÃ¢â‚¬â„¢
- Charlotte Mew, Ã¢â‚¬ËœThe Trees Are DownÃ¢â‚¬â„¢
Prose (Stories of Ourselves)
- Saki (Hector Hugo Munro), Ã¢â‚¬ËœSredni VashtarÃ¢â‚¬â„¢
- Sylvia Townsend Warner, Ã¢â‚¬ËœThe PhoenixÃ¢â‚¬â„¢
- Bernard Malamud, Ã¢â‚¬ËœThe PrisonÃ¢â‚¬â„¢
- J G Ballard, Ã¢â‚¬ËœBilleniumÃ¢â‚¬â„¢
- Maurice Shadbolt, Ã¢â‚¬ËœThe People BeforeÃ¢â‚¬â„¢
- Patricia Highsmith, Ã¢â‚¬ËœMingÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s Biggest PreyÃ¢â‚¬â„¢
- Anita Desai, Ã¢â‚¬ËœGames at TwilightÃ¢â‚¬â„¢
- Paule Marshall, Ã¢â‚¬ËœTo Da-duh, in MemoriamÃ¢â‚¬â„¢
- Rohinton Mistry, Ã¢â‚¬ËœOf White Hairs and CricketÃ¢â‚¬â„¢
- Adam Thorpe, Ã¢â‚¬ËœTyresÃ¢â‚¬â„¢
Paper pattern (duration and marks)
Component 1: Poetry and Prose.
- Answer two questions on two texts: one poetry and one prose.Ã‚Â There is a choice of two questions (one passage-based and one essay) on eachÃ‚Â text.
- Duration: 1 hour 30 min. Ã‚Â Marks: 50
Component 3: Drama (Open Text)
- Answer one question onÃ‚Â one text.There is a choice of two questionsÃ‚Â (one passage-based and one essay)on each text.
- Duration: 45 min.Ã‚Â Marks:Ã‚Â 25
Component 4: Unseen text
- Answer one question.Ã‚Â There is a choice of two questionsÃ‚Â requiring critical commentary(one based on literary prose and oneÃ‚Â based on a poem or extract of a poem).
- Duration: 1 hour 15 min.Ã‚Â Marks:Ã‚Â 25
Grade9 – All
Homework assigned by: email@example.com
Submission Date: Wed Mar 01 2017 00:00:00 GMT+0530 (IST)
Internet Required: Yes
Details: It is revision test based on past paper IGCSE
Expected Time: 50
Day 1, Tuesday
Math:Ã‚Â LearnersÃ‚Â did a common error worksheet to enhance the concepts taught. Later learners Ã‚Â were introduced to division vocabulary.Ã‚Â Learners solved division sums mentally and wrote the answers in their notebooks.
UOI: Learners were explained their Summative assessment.
ICT:Ã‚Â The following link was shared with the learnersÃ¢â‚¬â„¢ Ã‚Â along with the chrome books to provide them the typing practice.
Ã‚Â 1 )Ã ÂªÂµÃ ÂªÂ¿Ã ÂªÂ¦Ã Â«ÂÃ ÂªÂ¯Ã ÂªÂ¾Ã ÂªÂ°Ã Â«ÂÃ ÂªÂ¥Ã Â«â‚¬Ã Âªâ€œÃ ÂªÂ “Ã ÂªÂ¸Ã ÂªÂ¿Ã Âªâ€šÃ ÂªÂ¹ Ã Âªâ€¦Ã ÂªÂ¨Ã Â«â€¡ Ã Âªâ€°Ã Âªâ€šÃ ÂªÂ¦Ã ÂªÂ° ” Ã ÂªÂ¨Ã Â«â‚¬ Ã Âªâ€¢Ã ÂªÂµÃ ÂªÂ¿Ã ÂªÂ¤Ã ÂªÂ¾Ã ÂªÂ¨Ã Â«â€¹ video Ã ÂªÅ“Ã Â«â€¹Ã ÂªÂ¯Ã Â«â€¹ Ã Âªâ€¦Ã ÂªÂ¨Ã Â«â€¡ Ã ÂªÂ Ã Âªâ€¢Ã ÂªÂµÃ ÂªÂ¿Ã ÂªÂ¤Ã ÂªÂ¾ Ã ÂªÂ¸Ã ÂªÂ¾Ã Âªâ€šÃ ÂªÂÃ ÂªÂ³Ã Â«â‚¬Ã ÂªÂ¨Ã Â«â€¡ Ã ÂªÂÃ ÂªÂ¨Ã Â«â€¡ Ã ÂªÂµÃ ÂªÂ¾Ã ÂªÂ°Ã Â«ÂÃ ÂªÂ¤Ã ÂªÂ¾Ã ÂªÂ®Ã ÂªÂ¾Ã Âªâ€š Ã ÂªÂ°Ã Â«ÂÃ ÂªÂªÃ ÂªÂ¾Ã Âªâ€šÃ ÂªÂ¤Ã ÂªÂ° Ã Âªâ€¢Ã ÂªÂ°Ã Â«â‚¬Ã ÂªÂ¨Ã Â«â€¡ Ã ÂªÂ¬Ã Â«â€¹Ã ÂªÂ²Ã ÂªÂµÃ ÂªÂ¾Ã ÂªÂ¨Ã Â«â€¹ Ã ÂªÂªÃ Â«ÂÃ ÂªÂ°Ã ÂªÂ¯Ã ÂªÂ¾Ã ÂªÂ¸ Ã Âªâ€¢Ã ÂªÂ°Ã Â«ÂÃ ÂªÂ¯Ã Â«â€¹..
Ã Â¤ÂµÃ Â¤Â¿Ã Â¤Â¦Ã Â¥ÂÃ Â¤Â¯Ã Â¤Â¾Ã Â¤Â°Ã Â¥ÂÃ Â¤Â¥Ã Â¤Â¿Ã Â¤Â¯Ã Â¥â€¹ Ã Â¤Â¨Ã Â¥â€¡ “Ã ÂªÂ¸Ã ÂªÂ¿Ã Âªâ€šÃ ÂªÂ¹ Ã Âªâ€¦Ã ÂªÂ¨Ã Â«â€¡ Ã Âªâ€°Ã Âªâ€šÃ ÂªÂ¦Ã ÂªÂ° ” Ã Â¤â€¢Ã Â¥â‚¬ Ã Â¤â€¢Ã Â¤ÂµÃ Â¤Â¿Ã Â¤Â¤Ã Â¤Â¾ video Ã Â¤Â¦Ã Â¥â€¡Ã Â¤â€“Ã Â¤Â¾ Ã Â¤â€Ã Â¤Â° Ã Â¤â€¢Ã Â¤ÂµÃ Â¤Â¿Ã Â¤Â¤Ã Â¤Â¾ Ã Â¤â€¢Ã Â¥â€¹ Ã Â¤â€¢Ã Â¤Â¹Ã Â¤Â¾Ã Â¤Â¨Ã Â¥â‚¬ Ã Â¤â€¢Ã Â¥â€¡ Ã Â¤Â°Ã Â¥â€šÃ Â¤Âª Ã Â¤Â®Ã Â¥â€¡Ã Â¤â€š Ã Â¤Â¬Ã Â¥â€¹Ã Â¤Â²Ã Â¤Â¨Ã Â¥â€¡ Ã Â¤â€¢Ã Â¤Â¾ Ã Â¤ÂªÃ Â¥ÂÃ Â¤Â°Ã Â¤Â¯Ã Â¤Â¾Ã Â¤Â¸ Ã Â¤â€¢Ã Â¤Â¿Ã Â¤Â¯Ã Â¤Â¾ Ã Â¥Â¤
2) Ã Âªâ€”Ã Â«ÂÃ ÂªÅ“Ã ÂªÂ°Ã ÂªÂ¾Ã ÂªÂ¤Ã Â«â‚¬ Ã ÂªÂ®Ã Â«â€šÃ ÂªÂ³Ã ÂªÂ¾Ã Âªâ€¢Ã Â«ÂÃ ÂªÂ·Ã ÂªÂ°Ã Â«â€¹Ã ÂªÂ¨Ã Â«ÂÃ Âªâ€š Ã ÂªÂªÃ Â«ÂÃ ÂªÂ¨Ã ÂªÂ°Ã ÂªÂ¾Ã ÂªÂµÃ ÂªÂ°Ã Â«ÂÃ ÂªÂ¤Ã ÂªÂ¨ Ã Âªâ€¢Ã ÂªÂ°Ã ÂªÂ¾Ã ÂªÂµÃ Â«ÂÃ ÂªÂ¯Ã Â«ÂÃ Âªâ€š.(Ã Â¤ÂµÃ Â¤Â°Ã Â¥ÂÃ Â¤Â£Ã Â¥â€¹ Ã Â¤â€¢Ã Â¤Â¾ Ã Â¤ÂªÃ Â¥ÂÃ Â¤Â¨Ã Â¤Â°Ã Â¤Â¾Ã Â¤ÂµÃ Â¤Â°Ã Â¥ÂÃ Â¤Â¤Ã Â¤Â¨ Ã Â¤â€¢Ã Â¤Â°Ã Â¤ÂµÃ Â¤Â¾Ã Â¤Â¯Ã Â¤Â¾ Ã Â¤â€”Ã Â¤Â¯Ã Â¤Â¾ Ã Â¥Â¤ )
Ã ÂªÂ¨Ã Â«â‚¬Ã ÂªÅ¡Ã Â«â€¡ Ã Âªâ€ Ã ÂªÂªÃ Â«â€¡Ã ÂªÂ² Ã ÂªÂµÃ ÂªÂ¾Ã ÂªÂ°Ã Â«ÂÃ ÂªÂ¤Ã ÂªÂ¾ Ã ÂªÂ¸Ã ÂªÂ¾Ã Âªâ€šÃ ÂªÂÃ ÂªÂ³Ã Â«â€¹. Ã ÂªÂ¶Ã ÂªÂ¿Ã Âªâ€¢Ã Â«ÂÃ ÂªÂ·Ã ÂªÂ¿Ã Âªâ€¢Ã ÂªÂ¾ Ã ÂªÂµÃ ÂªÂ°Ã Â«ÂÃ Âªâ€”Ã ÂªÂ®Ã ÂªÂ¾Ã Âªâ€š Ã ÂªÂµÃ ÂªÂ¾Ã ÂªÂ°Ã Â«ÂÃ ÂªÂ¤Ã ÂªÂ¾Ã ÂªÂ¨Ã Â«ÂÃ Âªâ€š Reflection Ã ÂªÂ²Ã Â«â€¡Ã ÂªÂ¶Ã Â«â€¡.
Ã Â¤Â¦Ã Â¥â‚¬ Ã Â¤â€”Ã Â¤Ë† link Ã Â¤Â¸Ã Â¥â€¡ Ã Â¤â€¢Ã Â¤Â¹Ã Â¤Â¾Ã Â¤Â¨Ã Â¥â‚¬ Ã Â¤Â¸Ã Â¥ÂÃ Â¤Â¨Ã Â¥â€¡Ã Â¤â€š | Ã Â¤Â¶Ã Â¤Â¿Ã Â¤â€¢Ã Â¥ÂÃ Â¤Â·Ã Â¤Â¿Ã Â¤â€¢Ã Â¤Â¾ Ã Â¤â€¢Ã Â¤â€¢Ã Â¥ÂÃ Â¤Â·Ã Â¤Â¾ Ã Â¤Â®Ã Â¥â€¡Ã Â¤â€š Ã Â¤â€¢Ã Â¤Â¹Ã Â¤Â¾Ã Â¤Â¨Ã Â¥â‚¬ Ã Â¤â€¢Ã Â¤Â¾ Reflection Ã Â¤Â²Ã Â¥â€¡Ã Â¤â€šÃ Â¤â€”Ã Â¥â€¡ |
Ã ÂªÂµÃ ÂªÂ¾Ã ÂªÂ°Ã Â«ÂÃ ÂªÂ¤Ã ÂªÂ¾ – “Ã ÂªÂÃ Âªâ€¢Ã ÂªÂ¤Ã ÂªÂ¾Ã ÂªÂ®Ã ÂªÂ¾Ã Âªâ€š Ã ÂªÂ¶Ã Âªâ€¢Ã Â«ÂÃ ÂªÂ¤Ã ÂªÂ¿ Ã Âªâ€ºÃ Â«â€¡.”
Ã Â¤Â¦Ã Â¥â‚¬ Ã Â¤â€”Ã Â¤Ë† link Ã Â¤Â¸Ã Â¥â€¡ Ã Â¤â€¢Ã Â¤ÂµÃ Â¤Â¿Ã Â¤Â¤Ã Â¤Â¾ Ã Â¤Â¸Ã Â¥ÂÃ Â¤Â¨Ã Â¥â€¡Ã Â¤â€š Ã Â¤â€Ã Â¤Â° Ã Â¤Â¸Ã Â¤Â¾Ã Â¤Â¥ Ã Â¤Â®Ã Â¥â€¡Ã Â¤â€š Ã Â¤â€”Ã Â¤Â¾Ã Â¤Â¨Ã Â¥â€¡ Ã Â¤â€¢Ã Â¤Â¾ Ã Â¤ÂªÃ Â¥ÂÃ Â¤Â°Ã Â¤Â¯Ã Â¤Â¾Ã Â¤Â¸ Ã Â¤â€¢Ã Â¤Â°Ã Â¥â€¡ |
The following link was shared with the learners along with the chrome books to provide them the typing practice.
Read aloud was done in the class.
Refer common blog for Gujarati and Hindi homework.
Day 1 – Wednesday
Concept ofÃ‚Â 0 and 1 was catered in class. Later students revised the division vocabulary in class.
Learners played a game to increase their typing speed.Link for the game:Ã‚Â https://www.speedtypingonline.com/typing-tutor
Read aloud was done in the class.
Homework: Kindly check common blog for Hindi-Gujarati homework.
Keep reading 🙂
Learners’ solved the given sums independently.
The following link was shared with the learners’ Ã‚Â along with the chrome books to provide them the typing practice.
Discussed the summative assessment task. Later learners were asked to choose a natural resource from the given list on which they will be doing a case study.