Dear Parents and Students,
Please find Mathematics: Second term Examination Syllabus and details mentioned below.
Unit 1: World of Numbers
- Number System
- Prime and composite numbers
- Factors and Multiples
- Highest Common Factor and Lowest Common Multiple
5. Prime Factorization Method
- Operation with Integers
- BODMAS rule
Unit 2: Different can be Equal (Fraction, Decimal and Percentage)
- Fractions Ã¢â‚¬â€œ Types of Fractions, Negative Fractions, Equal Fractions, Simplifying Fractions
- Operation with Fractions
- Decimals Ã¢â‚¬â€œ Converting Decimals to Fractions and vice versa, Terminating decimals, Recurring decimals
- Operations with Decimal numbers
- Rounding Ã¢â‚¬â€œ Write up to 1 decimal place, 2 decimal places and 3 decimal places. Rounding to nearest ten, hundred, thousand, ten thousand, one/whole number, 1 decimal place, 2 decimal places and 3 decimal places
- Percentage Ã¢â‚¬â€œ Converting Fractions and Decimals into Percentages and vice versa
- Expressing one quantity as a percentage of another
- Finding a Percentage of quantity
- Unitary method in Percentage
- Percentage increase and decrease
Unit 3: Squares, cubes and its roots
- Squares, cubes and its roots
- Index notation and different forms
Unit 4: Measurement
- Metric system – Units of measurement to estimate measure, calculate and solve problems in a range of contexts including units of mass, length & capacity
- Conversion – Units of mass, length & capacity
- Solve problems involving measurements in a variety of contexts.
- Relationships between units of time
- 12- hour and 24- hour clock systems
- Time conversion between 12- hour and 24- hour clock
- Interpret timetables
- Time intervals.
Unit 5: Statistics
- Terminologies, Data collection, Bias in sampling
- Categorical Data
- Displaying data using Vertical Column graph, Horizontal Bar chart and Pie chart.
- Two-way table and Side by side column graph
- Numerical Data
- Measuring the centre – Mean, Median and Mode
- Measuring the spread – Range Ã‚Â
- Displaying Numerical Data using Column graph
- Grouped Data – Histogram (Column graph for grouped data) and Stem and Leaf plot
- Interpreting tables and graphs
Unit 6: Journey into the unknown
- Writing and Constructing Algebraic expressions
- Like and Unlike terms Ã‚Â
- Simplifying expressions Ã‚Â
- Properties of distributive, associative and commutative laws
- Constructing and solving Equations
- Substitution into an Expression and Formula
- Changing the subject
Unit 7: Lines and Angles
- Angle Properties (Angle Pairs of Parallel lines)
– Angles on a straight line add up to 180 degree
– Angles around a point add up to 360 degree
– Vertically Opposite angles
– Corresponding angles
– Alternate angles (Interior and Exterior)
– Co-Interior angles
– Supplementary angles
- Triangles (Classification and Properties)
- Quadrilaterals (Classification and Properties)
Important Note: Apart from Grade 8 MYP Haese textbook, all the hard copy of the worksheets, extra sums taught in the class as well as all online worksheets/sums shared on Google Classroom will also be considered as a part of Syllabus (Weekend practice questions will not be considered as a part of syllabus).
There will be one paper in Mathematics in Second Term Examination.
Paper will consist of Short response questions, Medium and Long response questions.
Duration of Paper: 2 hoursÃ‚Â
Paper will assess all the four criteria of Mathematics –
Criterion A: Knowing and Understanding
Criterion B: Investigating Patterns
Criterion C: Communicating
Criterion D: Applying Mathematics in real-life contexts
Highest Achievement level: 32
Highest grade: 7
– Calculators will not be allowed.
– Entire paper is to be written in the space provided in the Question paper booklet. No additional supplementary will be provided. Neither any extra paper be considered as a part of your solution.
– All the instructions will be available on the cover page of the Question paper booklet. Ã‚Â Please read those instructions before attempting the paper.
– Sharing of any resources will not be allowed.
– You need to carry your own geometry box and your personal stationery.
In case of any query/concern, please feel free to approach any of the Grade- 7 Math Educator.
Thanks and Regards,
Grade 7 Math Team.