Math: The teacher solved their doubts of HW word problems. Later, they identified and solved the mixedÃ‚Â word problems independently.
Language: Students read the dialogues in the personal narrative piece Ã¢â‚¬Å“The Christmas presentÃ¢â‚¬Â and simultaneously observed the punctuation, grammar and vocabulary used while writing a dialogue. Later, they learned about the conventions of writing dialogues.
Language: Write a short piece (60- 80 words) on your experience of interviewing your favorite sports person. Pay attention to the types of questions you will ask (exploratory or factual) and the conventions to writing dialogues in narratives.
Math: Do as directed:
- A group of grade 4 Ã‚Â students were standing in line for food. 4/8 of them were boys and 2/8 of them were girls. What is the total fraction of students that were standing in a line?
- Jack ran around 2/6 of the track. Jill Ã‚Â ran around 5/6 of the track. How much more did Jill run than Jack?
- A box of paper clips fell on the floor. Of the 50 paper clips, Ã‚Â Betty picked up 2/5 and Binny picked up 3/5. Ã‚Â Who picked up more paper clips?
- A rope that is Ã‚Â¾ meter Ã‚Â in length is cut into 2 pieces of equal length. How long is each piece?
- Add: Ã‚Â 8/25 + 7/25
- Subtract: 15/38 – 9/38
- Multiply: 4/7 x 3/7
- Divide: 9/14 ÃƒÂ· 3/14
- Simplify and check which fractions are reduced to 0, Ã‚Â½, Ã‚Â¾ or 1:
15/30, 11/11, 4/14, 0/12, 4/0, 6/6, 12/24, 15/20
10) Find out which fraction Ã‚Â is bigger? Ã‚Â 1/20 or Ã‚Â½
11) Ã‚Â Find the LCM and HCF:
- Ã‚Â Ã‚Â Ã‚Â Ã‚Â Ã‚Â Ã‚Â Ã‚Â Ã‚Â Ã‚Â Ã‚Â Ã‚Â Ã‚Â i) 45 and 54 Ã‚Â Ã‚Â ii) 64 and 78 Ã‚Â Ã‚Â Ã‚Â iii) 21 and 22