PYP Ex : Learners reflected about the exploration of the centres from the previous session. They established the connection with transdisciplinary theme Ã¢â‚¬Å“Where we are in place and time.Ã¢â‚¬Â They further understood each aspect of TDT in depth by making connections with each aspects. They explored the quote :Ã‚Â History= Past. It is not necessary that only monuments and events have histories, an individual has a history too.They further derivedÃ‚Â that there is a close connection between understanding history and culture and when we understand history we understand culture.
Language : Learners attempted language reading assessment.
- Attempt this worksheet. Ã‚Â Exercise 22.4Ã‚Â (Source : Maths Checkpoint)
- Solve the following sums :-Ã‚Â The ratio of boys to girls in a classroom is 6 to 5. If there are a total of 48 boys in the classroom, find the number of girls in the classroom.
- On a desk, the ratio of HB pencils to 6B pencils is 3 to 4. If there are a total of 12 HB pencils, what is the number of 6B pencils?
- In a parking lot, the ratio of cars to buses is 6 to 7. If there are 54 cars, what is the number of buses?
- The ratio of vowels present in two words is 3 to 5. If the first word contains 6 vowels, find the number of vowels in the second word.
- The ratio of letters in two words is 5 to 2. If the first word contains 15 letters, find the number of letters in the second word.
- At a farmhouse, there are 40 cats and 45 dogs. Express this in the form of a ratio.
- The ratio of girls to boys in a certain grade is 2:3. If there are 225 students in total, find the number of girls and boys.
- A classroom had 35 glue sticks. If the ratio of glue sticks to glue bottles was 5 : 2, how many glue bottles did the classroom have?
- A student finished 8 of her homework problems in class. If the ratio of problems she finished to problems she still had left was 4 : 1, how many homework problems did she have total?
- On a Saturday, a library checked out 52 books. If 24 of the books were fiction, what is the ratio of non-fiction books to fiction books checked out?
Note : Revise the concepts of Ratio and Proportion. You will have your maths Summative Assessment.
FA books are sent home. Parents are requested to acknowledge the same by signing it.