The students were introduced to good beginning (i.e. hooks/ leads)Ã‚Â and good endingÃ‚Â sentences for their narrative essays. They were given worksheets for practicing practice of the same.
Students practiced word problems on real life application of unlike Fractions.
Punctuate and parse Week 20 Day 5 in Language Writing notebook.
Solve the following:
- Compare Ã¢â€¦â€ or Ã¢â€¦â€”. Which fraction is bigger?
- You give 1/3 of a pan of brownies to Susan and 1/6 of a pan of brownies to Patrick. What part of brownies did you give away?
- The students decided to use 1/4 of the playground for basketball and 3/8 of the playground for soccer. What part of the playground did they use in total?
- In TanyaÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s Math class, 2/7 of the girls failed their Math examination. There are 21 girls in TanyaÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s class. How many girls failed the Math exam?
- In a box of 100 peaches, 1/10 were rotten. How many peaches were good to eat?
- Ã‚Â A recipe called for 3/10 of a cup of chopped spinach and 4/5 of a cup of chopped bell peppers. How many more cups of bell peppers did the recipe call for?
- Tina spends 14/15 of an hour singing and also spends 3/7 of an hour at the park. How much less time does she spend at the park compared to singing?