Phonological Awareness– Various Listening Activities.
Introduction of new rhymes:
Peter hammers with one hammer.. (by Ian J Watts/Pete Bradbury)
One hammer..one hammer,
Peter hammers with one hammer all day long.
Now Peter hammers with two hammers…all day long.
Now Peter hammers with three hammers…all day long..
Now Peter hammers with four hammers…all day long.
Now Peter hammers with five hammers…all day long.
Now Peter is tired, Peter goes to sleep now, sleep now,
Sleep now, Peter goes to sleep now all night long…
Tic-tic 1 tic-tic 2 tic-tic…3..4…5..6..7..Peter goes to
Work again..work again…work again…Peter goes to
Work again..all day long.
Incy wincy spider
Climbed up the water spout
Down came the rain,
And washed the spider out
Out came the sun
And dried up all the rain
So incy wincy spider
Climbed up the spout again.
1)Miss Molly had a dolly who was sick,sick,sick..
2)Today is Monday. Today is Monday..
Where do you live?
I live in Surat.
Word of the week: Synergize
- Oral counting from 1-10.
- Revision of Subitizing using manipulatives.
- Revision of sorting(color) through Math Learning centres
- Sorting by size.
- Introduction of Number ‘1’ and ‘2’ using different manipulatives.
- Introduction of the letter sound t’ and ‘i’ through a Jolly Phonics story.
Revision of the letters “i” – www.starfall.com
- Revision of letters s,a,t, i.
- Revision of tricky words I, the, he, she.
- Show and tell activity was conducted.
Read aloud : Read alouds were conducted from the Jr. KG monthly read aloud list.
TDT: Who we are
Central Idea: We use our senses to discover and understand the world.
- Introduction of ‘Sense of smell’. Exploration table was set where kids experienced the smell of Vicks, coffee, onion, spices, perfume, incense stick, nail paint, garlic, flowers etc. Vocabulary like pungent, fragrance, sweet, floral was introduced.
- Students were taken to the toilet and garbage dump to experience a foul smell.
- Math Firefly number book sheet no.11
- Language book page no.15 .
Happy Weekend !!
Jr KG Team.