Mixed bag: Cycle 5
- Solve the following:
- 5 ⅔ + 6 3/9
- 5 2/8 – 4 2/3
- 7 3/7 – 2 7/8
- Multiply the following:
- 3/9 X 1/9
- 3/12 X 6/12
- 2/8 X 4
- Anil says 5 ¾ + 2 ¼ = 7 ½ because 7 4/8 = 7 ½ . Identify his mistake.
- Harsha says that to add fractions with different denominators, you always have to multiply the denominators to find the common unit; for example ¼ + ⅙ = 6/24 + 4/24
Show Harsha how she could have chosen a denominator smaller than 24, and solve the problem.
5. Jasmine brought ¾ litre of iced tea to the party. Bimal brought ⅞ litre of iced tea to the same party. Who brought more iced tea and by what fraction?
6. Rita and Kavita made a bowl of lemonade each. Kavita used 5 times more lemon juice than Rita. Rita used ⅘ cup of lemon juice. How many cups of lemon juice did Kavita use?
Source: Engage NY
Change the degree of comparison without changing the meaning and underline the words that show comparison.
- Malacca is the oldest town in Malaysia. (Change to positive and comparative)
Positive –No other town in Malaysia is as old as Malacca.
Comparative- Malacca is older than any other town in Malaysia.
- Peter is cleverer than any other boy in the class. (Change to positive and superlative)
- Jupiter is the biggest of all planets. (Change to comparative and positive)
- Very few boys are as industrious as John. (Change to comparative and superlative)
- India is the largest democracy in the world. (Change to comparative and positive )
- Shakespeare was greater than any other playwright. (Change to positive and superlative )
- Asoka was one of the greatest Indian kings. ( Change to positive and comparative)
- Greenland is the largest island in the world. (Change to positive and comparative)
- Lead is heavier than any other metal. (Change to positive and superlative)
- Very few animals are as useful as the cow. ( Change to comparative and superlative)
U.O.I: a). Fill the details in the Well-Being log for the dates – 21st, 22nd and 23rd July.
b). Kindness challenge – 11, 12, 13.
c). Brainstorm the ideas for ‘Well-being Mela’.
Note: Formative assessment books have been sent. Kindly acknowledge by signing the same.
Enjoy your weekend