Dear Parents and students,
Please take a note of the following IM syllabus for the first term 2017-18:
- Set theory
- Quadratic Equations
- Coordinate Geometry
- Linear Inequalities
- Scientific notation
- Laws of indices
- Recapitulation of Numbers include :
- Classification of numbers
- Percentages(Simple, percentage of a quantity, expressing one quantity as a percentage of another, percentage increase and decrease)
- Simple Interest
- Compound Interest
- Reverse percentages
- Approximation and rounding
- Signifiant figures
- Estimating numbers
- Speed, distance and time
- Expanding Brackets
- Simple factorizing
- Rearranging formula
- Further expansion
- Further factorization(all methods given in the textbook)
- Rearranging complex formulae
- Algebraic fractions and its operations
- Simple linear equations
- Constructing simple equations
- Simultaneous equation
- Constructing more complex equation
- Direct and inverse variations
1. Apart form your textbook, all other work booklets or soft copies shared on google classroom or other wise will be considered as a part of your syllabus.
2. Recapitulation of Numbers and Algebra will not be taught as this covers basics which you have already done in Grade 8.
Please feel free to approach any math educator in case you face any difficulty.
There will be three papers in International Mathematics – Extended exam :
Use of GDC is allowed in Paper 4.
- All the instructions will be available on the cover page of the question booklet. Please read those instructions before attempting the paper.
- Entire paper is to be written in the space provided in question booklet. No additional graphs or supplementary is provided.
- Formula list will be provided in the question paper for paper 2 and 4.
- All the resources needs to be carried by you. Sharing of which will not be allowed.
In case of any query or concern, please feel free to approach any of the Grade- 9 Math educator.
Thanks and Regards,
Grade 9 Math team.