Dear parents and students,
Please find first term examination syllabus and details mentioned below:
Unit 1: World of numbers
- Number system
- Prime and composite numbers
- Factors and multiples
- Highest common factor and lowest common multiple
- Prime factorization method
- Operation with integers
- BODMAS rule
Unit 2: Geometry of structures
- Lines and angles
- Angles formed in parallel lines when cut by a transversal
- Quadrilaterals (classification, angles & properties)
- Squares and its roots
- Pythagoras theorem
Important Note: Apart from Grade 7 MYP Haese textbook, all the hard copy of the worksheets, extra sums taught in the class, content covered through central presentations and online worksheets/sums shared through Google Classroom will be considered as a part of the syllabus. Weekend practice questions (optional) posted in Google Classroom will not be the part of the syllabus.
- There will be one paper of Mathematics in first term examination.
- Paper will consist of short, medium and long response questions. Paper will be of two hours.
- Paper will assess all the four criteria of Mathematics –
– Criterion A: Knowing and understanding
– Criterion B: Investigating patterns
– Criterion C: Communicating
– Criterion D: Applying mathematics in real-life contexts
Highest achievement level: 32
Highest grade: 7
– Calculators will not be allowed.
– The entire paper is to be written in the space provided in the question paper booklet. Neither additional supplementary will be provided nor any extra paper will be considered as a part of your solution.
– All the instructions will be available on the cover page of the question paper booklet. Please read these instructions before attempting the paper.
– Sharing of any resource will not be allowed.
– You need to carry your own geometry box (if required) and your personal stationery.
In case of any query/concern, please feel free to approach any of the Grade – 7 Mathematics educator.
Thanks and regards,
Grade 7 Mathematics team.