We are delighted to announce the winners of the Grade 2, Literary event – Poem recitation inter-house competition.
Before announcing the winners, we would like to congratulate all the students who participated in the competition.
The winners are as follows:
|Kanav V Agarwal
|Daksh C Rathi
Grade 2 Team
With the purpose of enhancing the language skill of our students, now on wards we would be giving sentence dictation to students using the sight words.
You are requested to access the sight words list attached here. Kindly revise the sight words with your ward.
1st 100 Fry words
2nd 100 Fry words
Roma Bhesania 🙂
Read alouds from the Sr. KG monthly read aloud list.
- Revision of O’clock.
- Number names 16 to 20 were introduced.
- Revision of ascending order (25-50), after/before numbers, number names and ‘O’clock through learning centers.
- Summative assessment of patterns was taken.
- Blending and segmentation of CCVC words (consonant-consonant-vowel-consonant) and CVCC words(consonant-vowel-consonant-consonant).
- Revision of tricky words done till date.
- Writing of tricky words:
- Dictation of tricky words was conducted.
TDT : How we organize ourselves.
Central Idea : Planning an event requires a multitude of skills.
- Final event – Students along with the mentor teachers started planning for their final event.
- Students gained an understanding about different sources involved in planning an event from the guest speaker sessions by Event organiser and Travel agent.
- Math: Firefly book page numbers:46 and 47.
- Language:Write the following tricky words (3 times) :
(Kindly refer to the format used in C.W.)
Important points :
- Kindly send raincoat every day.
- Kindly ensure revision of taught concepts in Math.
- Kindly ensure daily revision of tricky words.
- Kindly conduct read alouds everyday.
- Give writing practice for the taught number names (One to Fifteen only).
😊 Have a wonderful weekend! 😊
Sr. KG Team.
Mix bag: Mix bag homework of Language and Math to be done in the Mixed bag notebook.
LD: Punctuate and parse the sentence of Week 3, Day 5 in the LD book itself.
Math: Watch the following video for an understanding of integers, whole numbers, and natural numbers:
A PPT has been shared on your drive. Go through it for Real life connection to Integers.
Question (answer in your Math notebook)- Why do you need positive and negative numbers and where else do you see it in real life?
Happy weekend! 🙂
Grade8 – All
Assessment given by: email@example.com
Assessment Date: Fri Sep 22 2017 00:00:00 GMT+0530 (IST)
Unit Name / Topic List: Unit 2 – Let’s do business
Details: Criterion C – Report writing.
Fully charged chrome-book and stationery.
Duration: 40 minutes
Empowering English- Read aloud of the chapter – 5 ” The crow and the snake”.
Learners reflected on their understanding using the comprehension strategy – Personal response and Gist.
Discussion of question answers has been done orally.
Language with Ease– Week 7 has been completed.
Revision of following concepts has been done-
- Number operations
- Addition and subtraction
- Formative Assessment of 3D shapes has been conducted
This is to inform you that the following is the list of students who are hosting different events with the help of their mentor teachers. When these students are hosting, other students will be attending the event as guests (who are not organizing).
For any queries regarding the event, kindly contact the mentor teachers.
|Yuvraj, Daksh, Nandish, Jiana, Dhiyaana
Mentor teacher-Nisha Jain
|Ridhansh, Arnav, Tanishq, Saisha, Aria
||Event– Navratri Celebration
Mentor teacher-Shreya Kantharia
|Arth, Urja, Veer, Tiana, Pahal
||Event – Fun Fair
Mentor teacher- Dimple Topiwala
|Tanishka, Mahika, Kayaan, Dhyaan, Aarav
||Event– Fun Zone
Mentor teacher- Suchi Dakoria
Dictation words for the coming Friday, 22/9/2017 are as follows:
Grade 2 Team
- Poem 7- “Calendar poem” from the reference book Empowering English was completed.
- Learning centers for enhancing listening, speaking, reading and comprehension skills were conducted.
- Dictation was given.
- Read aloud was conducted in the class.
- Revision of all the number operations was done.
- Students were introduced to the real life application of addition of 2 digits numbers.
- Students appeared for Summative Assessment on Number operations.
Unit of Inquiry
- The new unit under the Transdisciplinary theme ‘Sharing the Planet’ commenced. The unit focuses upon the Waste management and the impact of our choices on the environment.
Complete the given Language and Math worksheets.
Grade 1 Team:)
Students did the activity related to 2nd LOI-considering other people’s views through imagination.
- Chapter 13 – Key Idea Titles from Empowering English was introduced. The chapter helped students understand that giving a good title to a piece of writing is an important skill and the best way to choose a title is to connect it to the key idea.Students worked together as a group and practiced the skill of giving a suitable title to a passage and presented the same in front of the class.
- Dictation was conducted.
Solve the given worksheets.
Fill the Google form of chapter 2 – Magic Faraway Tree. (Mailed and explicitly explained in the class.)
Note : First book review for the month of September will be taken on Monday.(18th Sep by the HRT )