“Where Do All the Teachers Go?”
by Peter Dixon
For a little child a teacher is special. It is difficult for a small child to think of his/her teacher as an ordinary person.
Where do all the teachers go
When it’s four o’clock?
Do they live in houses
And do they wash their socks?
Do they wear pyjamas
And do they watch TV?
And do they pick their noses
The same as you and me?
Do they live with other people
Have they mums and dads?
And were they ever children
And were they ever bad?
Did they ever, never spell right
Did they ever make mistakes?
Were they punished in the corner
If they pinched the chocolate flakes?
Did they ever lose their hymn books
Did they ever leave their greens?
Did they scribble on the desk tops
Where Do All the Teachers Go?
Did they wear old dirty jeans?
I’ll follow one back home today
I’ll find out what they do
Then I’ll put it in a poem
That they can read to you.
Answer the following:
- What is the message conveyed by the poet ?
- Are there any rhyming words in the poem? If yes, mention two.
- What can you infer from this phrase ”punished in the corner”?
- Why does the poet want to know where the teachers go at four o’clock?
- a) Why does the poet wonder if teachers also do things that the other people do? b) How does the poet find out ?What will he do once he finds out?
TASK 2: LWE – Week 8 – Weekend Task .
Watch the video and can you guess the figure of speech used in the song:
Math: Worksheet given.
Task 1: What kind of risks and challenges are faced by the children in the world? Get pictures and articles related to the same.
Task 2: Complete the Q & A started in the class. (Questions for your reference stated as below)
- a) Which event of today touched you to most? why?
- b) What is wrong with the situation? (related to underprivileged children)
- c) What do these children need?
- d) What have you learned from today’s experience?
- e) Did something you bothered the most today? What is it?
- f) What did you learn when you saw teachers and other students were eating pav bhaji?
Have a wonderful weekend!!!