Night out for Grade 5 is scheduled on Friday, 22nd December 2017. Students will have regular working day on Friday 22nd Dec’17 and will start their night out after 2:00 pm and leave for home the next morning (Saturday 23rd Dec’17).
Please refer to below given link for drop off routes on 23rd Dec’17 Saturday.
Night out Bus Routes
Please refer to the details given below:
Night-out is the time for sharing and the children learn differently from how they do within the four walls of the classroom. It is also a way to experience school after the working hours and see how the campus looks on a dark night. It teaches the child to be independent, taking them out of their comfort zone.
Therefore it is our conscious choice to make them sleep in the open; and be courageous to face the elements of nature. Night out is about appreciating nature as much as it is about enthusiastically having fun. So these two experiences together create a powerful learning atmosphere for the students of which certain discomforts are a part of.
Hence, we urge the parents to prepare their children for being open-minded and experiencing something different from what they get at home for e.g. a warm bed in an AC room, bedtime story, i-pads etc. In addition to all the fun elements involved, they should also reflect on the learning part in the night-out.
We would also like to mention a few concerns that may come up during the night out.
- Winters – It will be very cold, especially in the school area (where temperatures are 2-4 degrees lesser than the city) and so sleeping outdoors (in assembly/skating rink) for children is difficult. (Nursery to G 4, students will sleep in assembly area (rendezvous), beyond grade 4 students will sleep in skating rink. If the temperature drops below 12 degree, even older students will sleep indoors)
- Mosquitoes – We take all possible steps to reduce the number of mosquitoes. However due to our location in the midst of lush green farms with stagnated water (as the crops are paddy & sugarcane) on all sides, we cannot eliminate the mosquito menace completely.
- Daily fogging in open areas in the mornings.
- Spraying of insecticides in open areas on regular intervals.
- During Night outs, fogging is once again done in the sleeping area before the students go to sleep.
- Also, we ask parents to send mosquito repellent cream with the child so that the teacher help the student apply it on the body before going to sleep.
In spite of taking care of all the points mentioned above, there still can be cases of mosquito/ insect bite to a few children who have sensitive skin or due to allergic reaction. In such case the parent must inform the respective HRT / TL in advance so that the teacher can address the issue.
- Insects – At night in most months of the year there are lots of insects that are attracted towards artificial lighting. Our toilets are open at the top to allow for light and ventilation. Toilet lights have to remain switched ON from evening till night (so that students and adults can find it easily). This means that insects will get attracted to the lights inside the toilet and many of them will fall dead on the floor as well.
As mentioned, night out is as much about being close to nature therefore it is necessary that children sleep outdoors. Parents need to ensure that children are properly equipped with clothes and covers to handle the cold (and it is much more colder for the child compared to his/her regular bed). You must make sure the children are really well dressed and carry a good repellent cream as we want them to have a memorable experience sleeping in the outdoors!
|1:45 pm – 2:15 pm
||Changing after school/General instructions/ Sharing Agenda/Settling down
|2:20 – 3.00 pm
|| Board games
|3:00 – 3:30 pm
|3:40- 4:20 pm
|4:30 – 5:15 pm
|5:15 – 5:30 pm
|5:30 – 6:30 pm
||Team Games (contd)
|6:40 – 7:00 pm
||Rest / Break / Buffer
|7:00 – 8:00 pm
||Music and Dance
|8:00 – 8:30 pm
|8:30 – 9:00 pm
||Freshening up and changing to night suit
|9:00 – 9:45 pm
||Bonfire and activities
|9:45 – 10:00 pm
||Preparing bed and snuggle
|6: 00 – 6:40 am
||Wake up / Freshening up/ Packing the bag
|6:45 – 7:15 am
|7: 15 – 7:45 am
||Boarding the bus
List of items students need to bring:
- Toilet accessories.
- One pair of clothes, one nightwear & footwear
- Warm blanket and bed sheet (Mattress and pillow will be provided from the school)
- Sweater/ Jacket/ Inner-wear (thermal, warm clothes/ socks ). All students should wear at least 4 layers of clothes (thermals, half sleeves tshirt, full sleeves tshirt and jacket/ sweater), should wear 2 pairs of socks (1 cotton and 1 woolen) and a pair of gloves.
- Bottoms: Thermals followed by 2 layers of pants
- Everyone should cover their head with woolen caps/ monkey caps/ scarves
- Everyone should carry 2 layers of covers (blanket plus chaddar)
- Mosquito repellent.
Please note that students are not allowed to bring any junk/packed food to school for the night out. Mobiles/ ipods/ ipads are not strictly allowed and will be confiscated, if found.
All the items should be labeled properly to avoid confusion. Please do not send any expensive toys or other items with the children. The school will not be responsible for any kind of loss.
We encourage every student to be present for the night out, it’s an event that children really enjoy and savour. There will be sufficient number of teachers and support staff to ensure that the students are safe and secure in the school apart from extra security arrangements for the event. The school also appoints a senior staff member (HOS/principal/ coordinators/ admin managers) as a safety monitor for the night out who ensures that all students are safe in all ways.