Revision of all the rhymes was done.
Words of the week:
Revolution, revolve, orbit.
Phonological Awareness :
Various phonological awareness activities were done.
Read alouds from Sr. KG monthly read aloud list.
- Introduction of numbers from 91-99. (forward and backward)
- Writing of Number names 81-90 (1 time) in Math notebook.
- Introduction of the 3D shape CONE.
- VA activity of Christmas tree was conducted.
- Revision of all mathematical concepts done till date through centers.(Quantification, Before/After numbers, middle numbers, ascending order, skip counting by 2 and 5, patterns (4 attributes)
- Introduction of the tricky words after, every, mother, father was done and writing the same 3 times in notebook.
- Introduction of the digraph “ch” and “sh” was done.
- Revision of digraph “ie”, “ee”, “or”, “ng” and “oo” through language centers.
- Reading time from Cambridge Readers.
(Rotation and Revolution)
TDT : How the world works
Central Idea : The Earth’s natural cycles influence the activity of living things.
- Introduction of revolution and seasons.
- Impact of revolution.
- Formative assessment of ‘rotation’ was conducted.
- Revision of the following vocabulary: Equator, axis, Northern hemisphere, Southern hemisphere, poles, rotation.
Write the following ‘ch’ words (2 times) in the notebook:
chain, chin, chat, children, chess, chest, chips, check, chimp, chop, rich, much, such, bench, drench, pinch, bunch, lunch, munch, speech, torch
Math: Write the number names from 71-90 once in the notebook.
(Kindly follow the CW format)
Important points :
- Please note that the reading magic books will be issued on Tuesday.
- Kindly ensure revision of taught concepts in Math.
- Kindly ensure daily revision of tricky words (reading and writing).
- Kindly conduct read aloud everyday.
- Give writing practice for the taught number names (One to Ninety only).
Have a fantabulous weekend !
Merry Christmas and a Happy Christmastide !
Sr. KG Team.