Language and Literature Team cordially invites you to Grade 7 Wonder Exhibition (Eco-friendly exhibition).
|Achievement Level||Analyzing||Using Language|
|0||The student does not reach any of the levels defined in the descriptors given below.||The student does not reach any of the levels defined in the descriptors given below.|
|1-2||Difficulty in identifying and commenting on the text given. Finds difficulty in justifying opinions and ideas using little or no terminology.||Use a limited range of appropriate vocabulary.Grammatical errors often hinders communication makes limited or inappropriate use of non-verbal communication techniques|
|3-4||Makes an effort for identifying and commenting on the text given. Is able to justify opinions and ideas using few correct terms.||Use of an adequate range of appropriate vocabulary. Grammatical errors sometimes hinder communication. Make some use of non-verbal communication techniques.|
|5-6||Student is able to identify and comment on the text given. The student is able to justify opinions and ideas using appropriate correct terms.||Use of a varied range of appropriate vocabulary, sentence structures.
Use of grammar with a considerable degree of accuracy. Make sufficient use of appropriate non-verbal communication techniques.
|7-8||Effectively identify and comment on the text given. Effectively justifies opinions and ideas using appropriate correct terms.||Effective communication using a range of appropriate vocabulary.Use of grammar with a high degree of accuracy.
Makes effective use of appropriate non-verbal communication techniques.
Grade7 – All
Homework assigned by: firstname.lastname@example.org
Submission Date: Fri Jan 12 2018 00:00:00 GMT+0530 (IST)
Internet Required: Yes
Details: Comment on the mood generated by the following quotes :
1. “Funny how sometimes you worry a lot about something and it turns out to be nothing.” (Auggie – Section VI, page number 215)
2. “You don’t need your eyes to love, right? You just feel it inside you. That’s how it is in heaven. It’s just love, and no one forgets who they love.” (Mom – Part VI, pg. 227)
3. “I think there should be a rule that everyone in the world should get a standing ovation at least once in their lives.” (Auggie – Section VI, pg. 231)
Answer the following questions in full sentences using evidence whenever possible:
1. Identify the extended metaphor used by August to describe his feelings towards parents and explain the impact on the reader? (page 207)
2. Interpret what ‘brightness’ has to do with August’s hearing? (page 214)
Formative questions: Use PEE to answer the following question:
1. “I’m like the North Pole to them”, Identify the literary device used and what August is trying to say through this line? List all the school’s events mentioned by August. According to you which was most embarrassing one for August. Justify.
2. Compare and contrast how you would describe Auggie as a person in the first few chapters of the book. What about the final few chapters? Has he changed significantly? Are there any experiences or episodes during the story that you think had a particular effect on him? If so, how?
Expected Time: 100 minutes minutes
[Unit Of Inquiry]
- The students were tuned into a new unit through a learning engagement (group activity) which was executed in the class.
- Students reflected on their prior knowledge for the new unit.
- Formative assessment and dictation was conducted.
- Nine Hats Reader-The students read chapter 1, 2 and 3 from Stuart Little story.
- Retelling of the story was done.
- Formative assessment was conducted.
- Students practiced real life word problems related to the calendar and time.
- To the start with the concept of multiplication, the strategy of Grouping and set was introduced through manipulative.
- The Grouping strategy was practiced with the students’ involvement.
Kindly send an ‘Ice tray’ (properly labelled) with your child on Monday for a learning engagement.
Grade 2 Team
Dictation words for Friday 12th January 2018 are as follows:
Sharing the details of Mock exams-
Paper 1 – Marks – 60 Time – 1 hr. 30 minutes Weighting 25%
There will be text handling exercises of Five articles. Articles can be based on core topics or current topics (communication and media, Global issues and social relationship).
Paper 2 — Marks- 45 Time 1 hr. 30 minutes Weighting 25%
There will be two parts. In first part there will be five questions, one of each option topic ( custom and traditions, cultural diversity, Science and technology, Health and Leisure).Student has to select any one and will write on it.
Second part will be quotation or any suvichar, which is to be explained.
Paper 1 – Marks – 45 Time – 1 hr. 30 minutes Weighting 25%
There will be text handling exercises of Four articles. Articles can be based on core topics or current topics (communication and media, Global issues and social relationship).
Paper 2 marks- 25 – Time 1 hr. 30 minutes Weighting 25%
There will be five questions, one of each option topic( custom and traditions, cultural diversity, Science and technology, Health and Leisure) .Student has to select any one and will write on it.
Note – Marks of Internal assessments( Written assignment, Individual orals and Interactive orals) will get added and weighing will be 50%.
Four days to go for Science Trivia. Hope you all are sharpening your brain cells for the same!
Find the details for the event below.
- It is an Inter-House event.
- All the students will take part in the Selection Round which will be held on January 10, 2018– D4 (HRM slot) in your respective classes.
- Four best scoring students of round 1 from each grade of each house will represent their house during the Final Round, to be held on February 6, 2018.
- Selection round will have a Multiple Choice Question based paper quiz.
- Responses to the questions are to be marked in the OMR sheet that will be given separately to each learner.
- Grade 7 and Grade 8 will compete for the quiz separately.
- The questions will be of Sciences and will be of appropriate age level, they might be of curriculum or beyond the curriculum.
Gear up to prove your knowledge of Science for your house!