With the intent of aligning the curriculum with exploration, students of Grade 5 will be visiting Dholavira. This study tour has been planned with relevance to our transdisciplinary theme “Where we are in place and time”, with the central idea as ‘Evidences of past civilizations can be used to make connections to present day societies’.
We will be studying many ideas which are in use today and have their origin in the past. For e.g. We will be studying the town planning, construction of structures, materials used for construction, drainage, storage, reasons why these settlements came up in these places, what access they had to natural resources, trade, social life like class system, utensils or jewellery used.
Dholavira is an important archaeological site & gives a lot of information on life in the ancient world. It is believed to be an extension of Mohenjo-daro and Harappan civilizations, which are now a part of Pakistan.
Batchwise departure and arrival details are mentioned below:
||7-8-9-10 February, 2018||
||9-10-11-12 February, 2018||
Itinerary: Batch 1 & 2
Students have to reach Opp. New RTO, Pal by sharp 8:30 pm.
Buses will leave by 9:00 pm.
Students will have dinner at home for this day.
Accommodation will be at Dholavira Eco Tourism campsite.
Rooms/tent allocation, freshen-up and breakfast.
Visit Museum at Excavation site.
A Session with Local Guide to understand more about museum.
|1:00 pm||Lunch and rest at campsite.|
|3:00 pm||Visit BSF Camp, White Dessert & Fossil Park|
|7:00 pm||Reach campsite and have campfire|
|9:00 pm||Reflection time|
|10:00 pm||Off to bed|
|5:30 am||Wake up and freshen up|
|6:00 am||Have warm milk and banana|
|6:30 am||Explore Excavated site|
|10:00 am||Hand on activities like Pottery, Handicraft making along with reflection session|
|2:30 pm||Village visit & Handicraft display|
|3:30 pm||Leave for Samakhiali|
|8:30 pm||Dinner at Samakhiali|
|10:00 pm||Leave for Surat|
Pick up point will be Opp. New RTO, Pal.
Things to carry:
- Small size carry bag (Students have to carry their own luggage, kindly do not make it heavy)
- 2 pairs of comfortable clothes.
- Comfortable shoes.
- Toilet accessories, cold cream, towel/napkin
- Thin blanket, bedsheet & air pillow for bus journey.
- Warm jacket which is manageable.(It will be a bit chilly in the night and in early morning so send light warm clothes)
- Handkerchief/Small napkin
- Water bottle (Mandatory)
- Small notebook & pen/pencil
- Cap (compulsory as students will be walking in the sun)
- Small size “Backpack” (smaller than the school bag). It will be used for carrying water bottle, notebook, pencil/pen, small napkin, cap when students visit the excavation site.
- It is mandatory to carry school ID Card.
- Accommodation will be at Dholavira Eco Tourism campsite in rooms and tents on shareable basis.
Important points to be noted:
- Electronic instruments like mobile phones, music player, Ipod, Ipad, playstation, camera/binoculars STRICTLY NOT ALLOWED. Ensure that students do not carry these items, if found it will be confiscated.
- Students can carry cards/board games to play during the bus journey.
- Dry snacks to be carried for travelling as per Friday Food policy.
- Dry snacks like chevda, chikki and peanuts will be provided.
- Students can bring up to Rs. 500/-.
In case of any concern, feel free to contact us at email@example.com.