TDT: Who we are: An inquiry into the nature of the self; beliefs and values; personal, physical, mental, social and spiritual health; human relationships including families, friends, communities, and cultures; rights and responsibilities; what it means to be human.
Central idea: Games can enhance our understanding about us.
Learning engagement for checking the prior knowledge of the students related to the new unit was conducted through an activity and reflection was taken using a graphic organizer.
The teacher unpacked the Central Idea.
- To start with the concept of multiplication, the strategy of Grouping was introduced through manipulatives.
- Summative assessment of data handling was conducted.
- Nine Hats Reader-Students read chapters- 4, 5 and 6 from Stuart Little story and retelling of the story was done in the class.
- Discussion of different stories was done in the class. The teacher checked the prior knowledge of students by asking what makes a story i.e. The elements of a story- characters, plot- the important events in a story, setting, problem, solution.
- The teacher read aloud the story ‘Goldilocks’ and discussed the story elements as stated above.
Grade 2 Team