Dear Parents and students,
Please find below final term syllabus and some essential points related to Grade 9 – Core.
|Set Theory||Venn diagrams with at most two sets||Venn diagrams with three sets|
|Linear Inequalities||Solution of inequalities using a GDC|
|Laws of Indices||Simple indices – multiplying and dividing|
|Sequences||Linear Sequence, Simple Quadratic Sequence||
|Trigonometry and bearings||Core Syllabus followed|
|Similarity||Calculation of lengths of similar figures, Core Syllabus followed|
|Circle Theorem||Four theorems, Core Syllabus followed|
|Mensuration||Core Syllabus followed|
|Quadratic Equation||Fully excluded|
Apart from this, following Grade 8 topics will also be considered
- Recapitulation of number includes
- Approximations and estimations
- Fractions, decimals and percentages
- Ratio and proportion
- Foreign exchange
- Map scales
- Percentages including applications such as Simple Interest, Compound Interest, Profit and Loss – Excluding Reverse Percentages
- Checking answers
- Speed, distance and time
- Excluding Absolute Values and Surds
- Recapitulation of Algebra 1 includes
- Negative numbers
- Formulae and expressions
- Substituting in expressions
- Brackets and simplifying
- Linear equations
- Equations involving fractions
- Problems solved by linear equations
- Changing the subject of the formula
- Excluded – Fractional indices
Apart from your textbook, all other work booklets or soft copies shared on google classroom or otherwise will be considered as a part of your syllabus.
There will be three papers in International Mathematics – Core exam :
- Paper 1 – 45 minutes – 40 marks – 20% weightage
Compulsory short response questions based on the syllabus mentioned.
Use of GDC is not permitted.
- Paper 3 – 1 hour 45 minutes – 96 marks – 60% weightage
Compulsory medium to extended response questions based on the syllabus mentioned.
Use of GDC is allowed in Paper 3.
- Paper 5 – 1 hour – 24 marks – 20% weightage
One investigation question.
Use of GDC is allowed in Paper 5.
- All the instructions will be available on the cover page of the question booklet.
- Entire paper is to be written in the space provided in question booklet. No additional graphs or supplementary is provided.
- Formula list will be provided in the question paper for paper 1 and 3.
- All the resources needs to be carried by you. Sharing of which will not be allowed.
- Graphs will be provided to you in the paper itself.
In case of any query or concern, please feel free to approach any of the Grade- 9 Math educator.
Thanks and Regards,
Grade 9 Math team